PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Massarotti rips Patriots and Pats fans [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving this! The worms are turning and everyone is seeing just why the Pats conduct their business with the media the way they do. The Boston media saw the writing on the wall when the Krafts and BB shut the door on their personal access to the players and started educating the players that these media hacks were not their friends and would ultimately be detrimental to their team. The Pats blueprint to organizational success carries over to the Red Sox as well. This "boys of summer" reporter, pitching a hissy fit is just one more example of how these reporters don't serve the fans of Boston.
Truly the funniest part of his piece was his remarks on how the Pats crave the spotlight, taking the shine from the red sox? Pot calling Kettle.......

Funny how when I attempt to post a comment, I can no longer sign in with my known user/password. So I click on forgot password and have a new one emailed to me. They send my username and the new password. But guess what? This new password doesn't work either.

Wow! That's amazing.

so I guess I'll vent here...

Hey Mass.hole.rotti,

How can you use Walsh's presence at the Ram's walkthrough as support for publishing the original disgraceful article? It wasn't CIA stuff Tony... he was there dressed in Pats gear setting up his stuff. They could have asked him to leave. They didn't. He wasn't crawling around on his belly like a Navy SEAL.

Then you throw Pats fans under the bus with those insulting remarks you effiminate squeaky little punk!

Don't you realize who you readership is? ...who ultimately pays your salary?

You disgust me!

Your paper, Tomase, and now you, completely crossed the line of what is appropriate. GFY!

Last edited:
Quote from Massarotti
In the past year or so, the Pats have been fined and stripped of a first-round draft pick

Yet another who uses the penalty as evidence of a significant crime. If the Patriots had been docked a 4th round pick, would that make their actions any less wrong? Of course not. They would have done the exact same thing. This is precisely where Goodell screwed up royally.

So I just spent an hour writing to this idiot...I don't know why I do these things, I think it's therapeutic:

Mr. Massarotti,

Since it appears as though you’re hanging your hat on the most recent walkthrough revelation, let me just point something out to you—something that Specter conveniently forgot to mention: Walsh and the other two ‘spies’ were wearing Patriots gear, setting up their electronics, while this ‘covert operation’ was taking place. Now, if you are like me and you believe Jimmy Johnson (I’m not going to post his comments about taping; if you haven’t read them then you’re the one who isn’t informed) then you’re of the mind that spying, taping, and trying to one-up your opponent off the field has been going on as long as this game has been around. Are you trying to tell me that Rams employees, put in the same situation, would be told to look the other way?

I find this entire mess to be wholly ridiculous, a witch hunt against the best team in the NFL. Please do some serious reading regarding the actual rule, the memo restating the rule (which was sent in 2006, but members of the media always seem to forget that little nugget when writing about it), the fact that the Dolphins were found to have audio—snap-count audio of Brady, which was never provided to teams—inked to their video of the Patriots in 2006, that the Jets were found to have a cameraman taping without the required ‘camera covered on three sides’ during a Patriots game in 2006, and the fact that the ONLY team investigated during all of this has been the Patriots.

Regarding that rule I just spoke of…if you haven’t read it, here it is: “Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game.”

--Place yourself as an impartial, unbiased observer…now read that quote again and tell me that it couldn’t be misinterpreted as ‘filming for the purpose of using said film during the game being played’. I’m not saying that’s what it reads, I’m saying that it could easily be interpreted in that fashion. Now take just one leap from there…this was Goodell’s first major on-field, rules act as commissioner. It was a known fact that he wanted to rule the league with an iron fist, to eliminate the bad publicity that had escalated and peaked with the Michael Vick trial. Any chance he wanted to send a message to the owners of the league?

You know better than I that Belichick—put his arrogance, his dislike of the media, etc, aside—is an obsessively prepared individual, that he leaves no stone unturned. Do you really think that in the 21st Century, with the technology available this day and age, with the money that he has access to…do you really think that he’d take a handheld camera, place someone in Patriots apparel, go into the stadium of his biggest professional adversary, and film from about 40 yards away knowing full well that he was breaking a major league rule? Honestly?

You can call us Patriots fans whatever you’d like (though you’re not making yourself many friends in the region, I can guarantee you that), and your opinion is just that; your opinion. But please know that there is a large percentage of Patriots fans who have actually read through all this (from Goodell’s former employment with the Jets, to Specter’s involvement with Comcast—he has $153,600 reasons to create a headache with the NFL courtesy of Comcast—to the actual rules infraction, to past precedence established regarding rules violations including but not limited to the Broncos salary cap violation and the Dolphins tampering violation with Don Shula). You may call us ‘yahoos, hero-worshipers, and gutless suck-ups’ (though it’s both offensive and less than poetic for someone who actually gets paid for that drivel), but just know that we’re also informed.

Ray

Last edited:
You're all a bunch yahoos, hero worshipers and gutless suck-ups.

The great thing with your posts is that you don't ever have to use the smilies. In your posts it's always unintentionally implied. I get a lot of laughs from them.

Hey maz has joined us!

You suck sir...

edit: That was aimed at maz, not you mofo. Just want to clarify.

Last edited:
Hey! What happened to my last post?!

Hey! What happened to my last post?!

I said something similar earlier and I think it's worth repeating...I wonder how this will affect his status & scheduled appearances on the big show on WEEI?

I'm not going to sit here and read 8 pages, most of it being fluff, and see if someone mentioned this fact.

Its is not ILLEGAL to steal signals. The rule broken was the pats VIDEO TAPED this. NFL teams are instructed not to do this. Pats did, they were punished.

Tony Massarotti states in the first paragraph that the Commish tried to sweep this under the rug.. Um no Mr Massarotti, that isnt' sweeping cause its not illegal. Again the media is missing the point, the pats were penalized for videotaping NOT STEALING signals..

All I read in this article is nothing new about Spygate. Fact is the Pats were idiots for doing this and were punished. People should realize that. What I take from this article is one peer trying to protect a fellow colleague and redirect attention else where.. Fact is Herald was WRONG. The writer should be fired for doing this or atlease suspended..
Massarotti is known as a idiot on local radio here (weei .. which I can't listen to because all the hosts bang there chests)..

Last edited:
Did you guys see the headline on the front page of TODAY'S Herald? "Not So Fast, Pats."

Unvelievable! It makes yesterday's "apology" look like a bad joke.

It's not just the headline, it's the by-line...John Tomase.

Re: Tony Massarotti rips Patriots and Pats fans

Have to take your word for it, won't click on a link for that rag!

Curiosity impelled me - I clicked on the link, and that was clearly a mistake.

It is rather disturbing to read someone complaining about our "sorry existence", when he clearly has much up-front and personal experience with that particular state.

Obviously, it's not just the editorial board that's busy rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

And I think you'll agree, from a safe distance, it is fascinating watching this implosion!

Ms. Squeaky Gas-bag-arotti just tied a noose around her own neck, fastened one end to the steel girder and jumped from the Tobin....oh well...one less little girl trapped in a man's body writing for the Herald

I don't live in the Boston area any more, so I can't even be tempted. But, please let me ask a question, as nicely and as politely as possible:

WHY DO ANY OF YOU FOLKS BUY THE HERALD IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Well, when I lived in the Boston area and bought the paper, really, the only thing I was interested in was "the Lockhorns" and "Bizarro".

There really wasn't much to the paper after that.....

I never had a subscription to the Herald, never read it (I'm a Globe man), but if I did, I would cancel. For one, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a home-town paper being biased toward home teams. Don't let the door hit your butt on your way to New York.

this is our boston sports media. Asks questions to belichick claiming the fans want to know. then rip the fans as well.

The Patriots and Herald have had a poor relationship since before Lisa Olsen demanded that she be allowed into the Patriots dressing room and then demand that the players not change their clothing around her. Nevermind it was a dressing room, and that its purpose.

And that was before BB was even a DC for the Pats.

This latest article will well received by the fans of 31 NFL football teams. I think the Herald has forgotten that those fans don't live in the Herald's distribution area.

It is high time Boston become a one newspaper town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes