PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Massarotti (aka Mr. Negativity) strikes again

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Tony Massarotti (aka Mr. Negativity) strikes again
By: John Morgan

Some fans are never happy - and apparently neither are certain writers. Tony Massarotti is a case in point....

To use a quote I heard once: if Mazz had been at the miracle of the loaves and fishes, he would have complained about the lack of butter and tartar sauce.

To use a quote I heard once: if Mazz had been at the miracle of the loaves and fishes, he would have complained about the lack of butter and tartar sauce.

Hey, anyone that serves bread and fishes to a home audience of 4000 -and forgets the butter and tartar sauce is just asking to get crucified..

Wait.. too soon?

(Please God. Dont strike me down for being a smartass. I cant help myself)

Last edited:
That little twerp must have gotten a lot of well deserved beatings when he was young. He thinks his constant negativity masks his complete lack of knowledge. He's clearly doesn't know jack about sports, especially football. He's makes it up as he goes along. He's full of ****. He's a pathetic red sox fanboy, He's Felgers lapdog....What a grating personality. What a miserable excuse for a human being.

Don't forget the ultimate in irony when he of all people makes fun of how other people talk (using the same lame impression for everybody). Does he have any idea how he sounds? Glass houses.

Five minutes alone in a small room...that's all I ask, dear Lord...just five minutes

I can tolerate smug Felgie in small doses as he sometimes presents a contrarian view at least superficially well but whiney Maz makes 98.5 unlistenable. Rather listen to KC Chiefs talk on SIRIUS NFL radio.

Oh he is a annoying little man--That's it -that's all I have to say :D

I can tolerate smug Felgie in small doses as he sometimes presents a contrarian view at least superficially well but whiney Maz makes 98.5 unlistenable. Rather listen to KC Chiefs talk on SIRIUS NFL radio.

THIS. Whenever Mazz is out and it's Felger and Bertrand, I actually kind of enjoy listening to the show (topic willing of course... if it's 4 hours of Bobby V talk I'm out).

Mazz is just a miserable puke. He has the kind of demeanor that makes even his compliments come across arrogant and backhanded. I don't think he's ever completed a positive sentence in his life without the word, "But..."

....... He's Felgers lapdog.....

That's all he is. Everyday. He doesn't even have the balls to disagree with anything Felger throws out there, ever. Even when Felger is spewing nonsence just to get an argument going with anyone.

Naughty Massarotti's act has gotten extremely old.

go back to covering the Red Sox.......oh wait, they SUCK! He must be taking his frustrations out on the Pats.

he's so happy we make threads showcasing his opinions it makes me sick.

I don't listen unless I'm visiting the fam and his written ramblings bores me to tears.

dbag

Last edited:
That's all he is. Everyday. He doesn't even have the balls to disagree with anything Felger throws out there, ever. Even when Felger is spewing nonsence just to get an argument going with anyone.

Mazz = YARM = "You're absolutely right, Mike"

I think most of the long-time fans on this forum know what a joke - in NFL at least - both Mr. Massarotti and Mr. Shaughnessy are.

Many of us just ignore the negativity and ignorance of the Pats that both these jokers spew.

How the Globe justifies their worth in NFL related reporting is beyond comprehension. Maybe the Globe is aware of their negative attention and assumes any clicks to their article means that they must be well regarded and hence more ad revenue for them.

the 5 or 6 times i have watched these guys they have been very very critical of the PATS (even right before this years SB)..... but surprisingly a lot of ppl seem to call this idiotic radio/tv show, i wonder who in their right mind would watch this crap............:eek::eek:

Last edited:
Mazz's concerns are legit, or at least mostly legit, and he's not paid to be a Patriots shill. I don't really see the problem here. He's given plenty of credit where it's due. I'm not a fan of his, but his stuff is better, and more realistic, than what Mr. Morgan is writing.

Chad Finn. Seriously?

Last edited:
Mazz's concerns are legit, or at least mostly legit, and he's not paid to be a Patriots shill. I don't really see the problem here. He's given plenty of credit where it's due. I'm not a fan of his, but his stuff is better, and more realistic, than what Mr. Morgan is writing.

Chad Finn. Seriously?

Hmmm Deus = Mazz, this would explain alot :D

Massarotti absolutely sux as a football analyst not sure how else you could possibly defend him?

I didn't hear it because I don't listen to that show, but I guess the little puke went nuclear one day last week over the subject of him acting as Vulgar's lapdog and rarely disagreeing with Vulgar. From what I read on sonsofsamhorn.net, his rationale for rarely disagreeing with Vulgar is that Vulgar is rarely wrong about anything. Wow....

Chad Finn. Seriously?

Can't say I agree. The article regurgitated some recent history, didn't really manage to make it relevant to anything we saw this past Sunday or what it means going forward. I don't know what the point of it was other than a scatershot of loosely tied negative observations. It a rather poor football article and I am kind of surprised you thought it at all interesting or informative, if indeed you did?

Hmmm Deus = Mazz, this would explain alot :D

Massarotti absolutely sux as a football analyst not sure how else you could possibly defend him?

I'm not defending him. As I said, I'm not a fan. He's clearly not a good in depth football guy. The Morgan article was garbage, though, and deserved to be called out. Mazz doesn't have to post all sunshine and unicorns, or any sunshine and unicorns, to make his points valid.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back