Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tony Gonzalez?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by CheerforTom, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheerforTom

CheerforTom Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I forgot he was even on Atlanta until he caught his first pass most of the way through the game. Did we get really excellent coverage on him or was he not getting many looks by Ryan?

I know Falcons fans are furious about their playcalling, but I also know this defense has shut down big receivers very well.

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

3. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Re: Tony Gonzales?

I think we have to look at McGowan for what he really is: a great coverage ILB.

I'm being facetious, but seriously. This guy has the goods to become as important to this team as Mayo (and the D is good without him in? goody goody goody!).

I think McGowan and Meriweather could become the next exciting safety tandem in the NFL. Sanders is great too (I like his "go unnoticed" style of play, personally).

Now if Chung emerges, oh buddies...

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Re: Tony Gonzales?

We haven't had a great coverage ILB since... Roman Phifer. Coincidentally, we haven't won a ring since he left and have let TE's kill us over the middle of the field.

5. italia44

italia44 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What a great story McGowan is...........He caused the Turner fumble with his hit.He was kind of used as a hybrid/SS/Lb,today.....................he must be pretty smart to pull this off.When players come to this team,BB says that the best guys play......doesn't matter if your a high draft pick or a FA.

Guyton,McGowan,Pryor,Edelman and Butler.......It must be very exciting for them,....In my own way,I feel very proud to watch their development.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.