PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Gonzalez next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEfan32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know it is a long time away, but with him not being traded until probably around the draft, it seems like he could be a nice pick.

Brady will be back and we will likely be looking for a TE. I wouldn't mind shelling out one of our 3rd rounders for him.

I know it is a long time away, but with him not being traded until probably around the draft, it seems like he could be a nice pick.

Brady will be back and we will likely be looking for a TE. I wouldn't mind shelling out one of our 3rd rounders for him.

a 3rd round pick for a guy approaching retirement.

um....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe a 7th.

a 3rd round pick for a guy approaching retirement.

um....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe a 7th.
Plus he's due to make what, $4mil, $4.5mil?

Hell no. We already have a good pass catching TE in Thomas. I want to shop Watson around next year then replace him with a good blocking tight end in the draft. Say no to Gonzo.

I feel the same way about Gonzalez as I felt about Jason Taylor

Too old - Wants too much - Too much chance to take on adapting to the teams schemes for what they want in $$$$

No thanks

Hell no. We already have a good pass catching TE in Thomas. I want to shop Watson around next year then replace him with a good blocking tight end in the draft. Say no to Gonzo.

You bring up a good point about shopping Watson. I don't know if they will do that, but anything is possible.

This times a million.

You bring up a good point about shopping Watson. I don't know if they will do that, but anything is possible.

Why not is what I say. We can use all the draft picks we can get. Rebuilding that offensive line and the defense is going to be the main priority again next summer.

Maybe if he came here and re-did a new deal, one with incentives, veteran minimum. The hunger for a ring might make a older player like Gonzalez play for less money.

Probably not going to happen. especially with how awesome watson has been.

I read a story that a couple of years ago BB was coaching the pro bowl and Gonzalez was on special teams covering a kickoff. Anyway, the story goes that Gonzalez gave a half-effort trying to make a block. When the play was over, he walked by BB, and BB said, "Why don't you try to block next time?" without even looking at gonzalez. Gonzelez, wondering who it was that questioned him, turned around and saw that it was BB. Gonzelez was really tickked off. So on the next kickoff, Gonzalez really hammered some poor NFC guy. He made sure to walk past BB after the play, and BB told him, "nice block" and didn't even bother to look at him.

Anyway, I'm not so sure Belichick is impressed with Tony Gonzelez.

Last edited:
Look at what is happening now, i rather have kept graham hindsight. he regualarly took on DE give us the chance to pull agaurd in running play of roll pass protection left and preventing pressure up the middle.

if we had a big TE right now we will be in better shape. some one around 265-270 LB big TE.

There were some legitimate offers for Tony before the trade deadline, the Chiefies front office found they did not have the testerone to face the fans after trading away KC's living legend. I don't see any serious trade talks developing in the offseason.

Repeat after me: We-must -get-younger- not-older, we-must-get-younger-not-older.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye