PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Gonzalez: Denver Broncos will go undefeated, win Super Bowl

They're pretty much guaranteed to lose to the Seahawks. They have to travel to Seattle for that game.

EVERY team has injuries every year, and while the broncos had injuries, it would be rediculous to compare them to the magnitude the Patriots lost

Gronkowski, Amendola(for time), vereen(for time) mayo, wilfork, Talib. Those are Starting CORE players of your team that you rely on to compete.

Gronkowski, Amendola(for time), vereen(for time) mayo, wilfork, Talib. Those are Starting CORE players of your team that you rely on to compete.

There was also Kelly, Dobson (for time, and was clearly not at his best during the playoffs), Spikes, and Vollmer.

Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly, Vollmer, Spikes= 6 fairly/very important players who were lost for the season.

Amendola, Dobson, Talib, Vereen= 4 more who were lost for extended periods of time/were clearly not at their best by season's end.

Am I missing anyone else? Feel free to correct me on this.

What other contenders suffered injury situations as bad as the one the Pats had last year? I mean, you could make a case that the Packers losing Rodgers for an extended period of time was really bad (a good QB fundamentally changes the structure of the team), but in terms of sheer quantity, the Pats might very well win this dubious distinction.

I was JUST going to make my 2nd, annual, 16-0 bandwagon thread....and then I see this. Blasphemy!

Just how the hell does he expect the Broncos to go undefeated, when we're going 16-0?

Sadly, 16-0 means nothing.

I was JUST going to make my 2nd, annual, 16-0 bandwagon thread....and then I see this. Blasphemy!

Just how the hell does he expect the Broncos to go undefeated, when we're going 16-0?

But I thought there would be no math in this thread. :(

Gonzalez must be drinking more now that he's in retirement. There's zero chance of Denver going undefeated. Just a look at that schedule will tell you what you need to know.

But I thought there would be no math in this thread. :(

One+Potato+2.jpg

everyone should be able to count to potato...

I would say that any team with Manning at the helm, combined with at least a better than average defense, is a serious threat to win every game it plays.

Denver seems to have the makings of a VG to excellent defense plus they have Manning.

I was hoping Tony Gonzalez would provide a little more intelligence and insight than the moron crew he is replacing. I see that optimism was unfounded.

Mediots were saying the exact same thing last year about the Broncos after their fast start. "How can anyone beat them? How can anyone stop Manning?" Then 4 teams went out and did.

I would say that any team with Manning at the helm, combined with at least a better than average defense, is a serious threat to win every game it plays.

Denver seems to have the makings of a VG to excellent defense plus they have Manning.

No arguments that he is one of the best 50 degree plus weather quarterbacks that ever lived.

I would say the same thing about any team with Brady at the helm plus a better than average defense.

Plus, chances are, Peyton doesn't get another gift-wrapped 63 degree day AFCC in January again. Let's face it, Peyton lucked out on that.
Agreed. Except for the Patriots regular season game, this guy had a stretch of weather being as perfect as could reasonably be expected - and that includes the Super Bowl.

Denver weather is a crapshoot. You can easily have a snowstorm in October and you can easily have 60 degrees in January.

I guess Gonzalez missed the Bronco's last (meaningful) football game. If memory serves, they lost that game (badly) almost to the point of being humiliated. The NFL is a copycat league, although not many teams have the type of secondary that the Seahawks have (seems the Pats might have found two new cornerbacks that are in that Seattle mold), the "blueprint" for beating the Broncos is out there for all to see. Hence the new "emphasis" on defensive holding/illegal contact, because we can't have Peyton humiliated again!

I'm unimpressed with the Bronco's defense and the loss of Travatian is huge for them. Granted the AFC West is not exactly a juggernaut of a division, San Diego does seem to find a way to beat them at least once a year. Plus Peyton's record in Foxboro is not exactly stellar!

On a game to game basis, I agree. On an entire season and the playoffs basis, no way. I think there isn't a game on their schedule that I don't think they have a very good chance of winning. Yes, they can beat Seattle in Seattle and the Pats here, but with so many tough games on their schedule I cannot see them navigating the season without a single loss.

On a game to game basis, I agree. On an entire season and the playoffs basis, no way. I think there isn't a game on their schedule that I don't think they have a very good chance of winning. Yes, they can beat Seattle in Seattle and the Pats here, but with so many tough games on their schedule I cannot see them navigating the season without a single loss.

No argument here that it'll be a challenge for them to win all of their games.

With what appears to be several key and excellent additions on defense, combined with what is already a record setting offense, I can surely see where someone, like Gonzo, could see them winning all games.

"...how do you beat this team?''

Um. I think maybe the Seahawks might have an opinion about that. Just sayin'.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back