PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy's 18yo Son Found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
thoughts and prayers for Tony Dungy and his family.

Wow looks like he really wanted to protray the thug image. Wonder how much was real and how much was for show...I feel for the Dungy's.

re:

Just saw the news.

This is a complete shock. Hearts and prayers to the Dungy family.

Maybe the worst thing that could happen to someone.

Right before Christmas too...

... Damn.

Really, not to be holier than thou here, but let's not get into that stuff in this thread. This thread is being linked on Colts sites as an example of classy Pats fans being truly sympathetic. JMHO.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Really, not to be holier than thou here, but let's not get into that stuff in this thread. This thread is being linked on Colts sites as an example of classy Pats fans being truly sympathetic. JMHO.

Very stongly agree. If that stuff had to be posted, and I don't think it did, it should have been done on a separate thread.

That is horrible :-(

Sorry to hear of this loss, things will always be different for this family, never liked the Colts, but Dungy seems to be a good man.

it is tragic...tragic that also happened only a couple of days before Christmas

condolences Mr Dungy

a prayer for you this evening also from my side

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Dungy family. I must say that I am moved by the responses on this board.

For those who haven't read through the whole thread, here's the Colt's mailing address if you wanted to send a card or note of condolence:

The Dungy Family
c/o Indianapolis Colts
7001 West 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46254

My thanks to the majority for keeping this on topic and sensitive to the sorrow of the Dungy's, their fans/friends, and those here reliving their owns losses through this tragedy.

Everybody has a dark side...everybody has something to hide.

I will never be a colts fan...but losing a member of your family isn't very easy to cope with.

His son had to deal with his "demons" in his own way (selfish as it seems). In the teenage angst years (and older in some cases)...we are all more immature then we should be. There are the rare exceptions of course.

Maybe this incident can be a valuable lesson to others. There is always a positive in a negative. It is all how you percieve it.

I cannot read these threads without getting tears in my eyes. This is such a terrible tragedy for Tony Dungy and his family. They are in my thoughts and prayers today and forever.

Tony, you have always been a class act. My thoughts and prayers to you for your loss. Paul

Sad very sad can't even fathom the feeling of losing a son/daughter. My prayers go out to Mr. Dungy and his family.

I was at work all day, and haven't been able to answer this thread. It's one of life's tragedies to lose someone so young, a child that you have hopes and dreams for. Tony Dungy is a great coach, but also a classy decent human being, and I am sure he is in all of our thoughts, as are all Colts fans. We may be rivals on the field, but football is so far from my thoughts at this moment, we are all human beings, and as anyone who is truly close to their families know, family is the most important thing in the world, football is JUST a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
scott99 said:
I was at work all day, and haven't been able to answer this thread. It's one of life's tragedies to lose someone so young, a child that you have hopes and dreams for. Tony Dungy is a great coach, but also a classy decent human being, and I am sure he is in all of our thoughts, as are all Colts fans. We may be rivals on the field, but football is so far from my thoughts at this moment, we are all human beings, and as anyone who is truly close to their families know, family is the most important thing in the world, football is JUST a game.

Well put. You know, I've been visiting indystar from time to time today and some of the stuff people are posting is making me ill. I sincerely hope no one affiliated with this board or any Pats board is behind them. There is alot of emotion going around today and people purposefully trying to get a rise out of others at a time like this is deplorable. It makes me very sad. :(

Was at work all day - in the car alot going to meetings when I heard this awful news.

Tony Dungy always seems like such a decent and gentle person. I can only hope and pray he and his family can somehow get through this terrible tragedy.

scott99 said:
.... I am sure he is in all of our thoughts, as are all Colts fans. We may be rivals on the field, but football is so far from my thoughts at this moment, we are all human beings, ....

Today we are all Colts fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye