PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy's 18yo Son Found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
workhorse said:
I want to thank everyone here for their sympathies and class on behalf of all Colts' fans. I know that there are many that would post the same, but are not registered here.
Your Welcome, thanks for linking us and thanksfor posting here.

Bella*chick said:
I'm sure it's well-wishers. Coach Dungy is still very much loved in the Tampa area and in the Minnesota area as well. Fans from all over have a great deal of respect for him. I even frequent a Walt Disney World messageboard and there is a whole thread devoted to Coach Dungy and this tragedy.

Besids, the thought that anyone could trash talk though this horrible time just makes me sick.

Could you send me a link to the Disney board? I know some people I'd like to share that with. Thanks.

I have always considered Tony Dungy to be one of the nicest/classiest people in the NFL. I wish him and his family well during this tragic time.

Last edited:
such a sad and tragic story. shows how trivial sports and games are in light of the real important things. Coach Dungy is one who always carries himself with dignity and class, and I for one am praying for God's comfort and love for the Dungy's in this tragic time.

Peter King on WEEI said Tony Dungy is to NFL coaches is what Wellington Mora was to NFL owners = class act. well put.

Good Lord, what an awful thing to hear about this morning. Not that we would wish this on anyone, but Dungy is a devout family man and a high class person. I've always admired him for the great work he has done in TB and Indy. To have this happen three days before Christmas makes it a thousand times worse. Prayers for him and his family, may they get through these hard days with as much comfort as possible. Prayers for all the Colts, who must be a total mess right now.

And to RyanTheColtsFan and other Colt posters on this board, we may jab and spar during the year, but we are all with you on this one. This is a tragedy we wouldn't wish on anyone. Hope everything will be all right and that good spirited competition lies ahead, though this sort of thing is of paramount importance right now.

Bob G

Things such as this really put things into perspective. As fervent as I support my Pats and root against the Colts, There are no words to describe how my heart goes out to coach Dungy and the Colts team.

My two brothers committed suicide one year apart (they were 18 and 19 respectively when they died and were twins) and after 5 years it doesn't get any easier. We had different dads and thiers has never gotten over it.

God bless you Coach Dungy and knowing you are a religious man, may God help carry you through this.

My thoughts are with the Dungy family. Having lost a younger brother at a early age, I know it isn't easy. My mom never recovered and died a year later to the day, of grief. I hope the Dungy family can overcome this.

Dungy a class act

Got to meet Tony Dungy a few years back when he was coach of the Bucs and talked with him about the Patriots. He spoke highly of the Pats and had nothing but compliments to say about them. Just another example of what a class act the guy really is.

I am sure that his players are more motivated than ever to give this decent man a championship.

Wow, this is terrible. My thoughts and prayers are with Dungy and his family. I can't even imagine how hard this must be for him, so close to christmas and all.

Just an example of what type of guy Coach Dungy is and what his family means to him. Sorry if this comes across and plugging AllProDad, it's not intended to be. I have no connection other than signing up for their emails. I happened to remember he was one of the NFL reps and went to see what he had on his profile. BTW, James is the big one.
“Coaching the Indianapolis Colts is a big job, but not nearly as big a job as being a dad. All Pro Dad gives men the equipment they need to do their most important job well.†-Tony Dungy, Head Coach, Indianapolis Colts

Tony Dungy says that being a father is his most important job. And just like his football career, being a dad is a job that keeps him very busy. Coach Dungy and his wife Lauren have five children.

Coach Dungy’s fatherhood role model is his own dad, Wilber Dungy. Tony grew up in Michigan, and says his father was always there to support him and encourage him. From him, Tony says, he learned that being a good father takes commitment and compassion.

Since his work schedule keeps him on the go, Coach Dungy tries to spend extra time with his children whenever he can. When his schedule permits, he takes the children to school and picks them up, making the most of that one-on-one time. Coach Dungy also has his older sons James and Eric join him on the sidelines during football games, so he can share his work experiences with them.

Quite simply, Coach Dungy loves being a dad, and says a good friend gave him some very important advice years ago, that he still tries to live by. The advice is this: fathers need to cherish whatever stage their children are in, instead of wishing for the next one to hurry up and get here… because before you know it, that stage will be over, never to return again.

Dungyfamily2005.jpg

Pat the Pats Fan said:
My thoughts are with the Dungy family. Having lost a younger brother at a early age, I know it isn't easy. My mom never recovered and died a year later to the day, of grief. I hope the Dungy family can overcome this.

Having lost a child at a young age, I can say, time doesn't heal a broken heart, it just teaches you how to live with it......My thoughts and prayers go out to the Dungy family...I can think of no worse thing in life to endure than to be a bereaved parent. The Dungy family has a long road ahead of them.
I'm sure that in the next few days, they'll be getting calls and support from others who have experienced the loss of a child (IIRC- ass't coach of the Packers- Sherman had a son commit suicide a few years ago) and can say "I know what you're going through" because they have. If you haven't experienced it, as they say, "you can't relate" and I hope you never do.......

Just my $0.02,

Condolences to the Dungy family. Very sad and right before Christmas. Every one with children, hug them and hold them tight when you can, they are a precious gift.

Just a terrible tragedy. My heart is with his family...I hope they can find some peace with time.

There are really no words to describe it. Tony Dungy is a great guy and nobody deserves this. I feel absolutely horrible for him, especially this time of year. This sort of thing makes you realize how unimportant football really is. I can't imagine what that must be like. Geez. You never expect this kind of tragedy to happen. Thoughts and prayers with the Dungy family over the holiday season.

Last edited:
Something like this really puts into perspective life and what is truly important. Certainly not football.

Best wishes and prayers to the Dungy family so that they can get through this awful time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes