PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy's 18yo Son Found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPatsFan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
ESPN Radio just reported that Tony Dungy's son, James, was found dead in his Tampa-area apartment and that police are conducting an investigation.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Coach Dungy.

I feel absolutely sick. I can't believe this.

Yes, thoughts and prayers with Coach Dungy!

CTPatsFan said:
ESPN Radio just reported that Tony Dungy's son, James, was found dead in his Tampa-area apartment and that police are conducting an investigation.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Coach Dungy.

That's really sad and truly tragic. So close to Christmas..... How awful. I can't even imagine it. wow.... My thoughts and prayers are with Tony Dungy.

And to think last week his biggest worry was whether or not to sit players and an undefeated season. My heart just sunk when I heard the news. I can't even begin to imagine.

Give your kids an extra big hug tonight.

Wow. That is truly sad. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Dungy family.

I couldn't imagine losing a child. I hope his family finds a way to get through this.

And foul play may have been involved. How absolutely horrible. Right before the holidays.

I just can't believe it.

I feel totally sick to my stomach hearing this.

Dungy's son went to all the games. They would show him on the sidelines all the time. They apeared very close.

Being a parent, I can't imagine there is anything worse then outliving your children.

My heart definately goes out to him and his family.

Bella*chick said:
And foul play may have been involved. How absolutely horrible. Right before the holidays.

I just can't believe it.

Foul play? Having to do with what I wonder? I'll be interested to read more as the story develops. I am truly heartsick for Dungy and his family and hope that if someone is responsible that they are brought to justice as quickly as possible.

Brownfan80 said:
Foul play? Having to do with what I wonder? I'll be interested to read more as the story develops. I am truly heartsick for Dungy and his family and hope that if someone is responsible that they are brought to justice as quickly as possible.

I have been looking on the web for anything at all, but it seems it has not hit the internet yet.

Every parents worst nightmare! Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Dungy family.

I think this hits harder and deeper because we all use football as an escape from some of the harsher realities of our lives and of the world.

When the subject of our escape comes crashing down like this, and a rival team family suffers an unspeakable tragedy like this, its a devastating reminder that football matters little in the grand scope of things.

sarge said:
Dungy's son went to all the games. They would show him on the sidelines all the time. They apeared very close.
Yeah, I remember seeing that. No more Colt jokes, this sucks.

Possible suicide.

Oh, that poor family. This is just shocking. :(

This is stunning; the kind of news no parent should ever have to hear. The fact that it comes this time of year makes it more heartbreaking- if that is possible. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Dungy family.

Very sorry to hear that for coach Dungy....:((((

James Dungy, son of Tony Dungy, found dead

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's department is confirming the death of 18-year-old James Dungy. Dungy, the son of former Buccaneers coach Tony Dungy, was found dead in his North Tampa apartment by his girlfriend early this morning. A death investigation is going on now. At this time, it appears suicide is the cause of death.

The sheriff's office reports an emergency call came in at 1:30 a.m. from Dungy's apartment at Campus Lodge Apartments near USF. Paramedics responded, finding Dungy not breathing. They attempted CPR on Dungy, then transported him to UCH hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Stay tuned to WDAE and WDAE.com for the latest information.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2268593

Updated: Dec. 22, 2005, 9:47 AM ET
Dungy's son, 18, found dead in Tampa suburb
ESPN.com news services
click this

James Dungy, the 18-year-old son of Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy, was found dead at 1:30 a.m. ET Thursday in his apartment in Lutz, Fla., a suburb of Tampa, Debbie Carter, a spokesperson for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, confirmed Thursday.

A death investigation is under way, and the spokesperson said that the county medical examiner's office or the hospital at which James Dungy was pronounced dead would have a ruling on the cause of death.

James Dungy officially was pronounced dead this morning at University Community Hospital in Tampa.

Tony Dungy has left the Colts and is in Tampa. Indianapolis plays at Seattle this Saturday.

Just horrible news. I really dont know what to say and to think of how close to the holidays too. Thoughts and prayers go out to the Dungy family on this sad day. I dont think there's anything tougher than losing a son or daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes