PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy...(merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saint Dungy sticks it to Patriots

Holier-than-thou Saint Tony Dungy apparently decided to ignore some of the most basic teachings in the Bible with another jab at the Patriots. Dungy is featured on the cover of EA's NFL Head Coach 09 and was interviewed by GameTap on Tuesday; here is the end of that interview.

GameTap: Last time this game came out, Coach Cowher was on the cover and he didn't have such a great season, then retired.

Tony Dungy: Yes, yes, yes--and I've been reminded of the fact that he didn't have such a great year when he was on the cover, but we're going to try and break that trend.

GameTap: Are there going to be any cheat codes in the game where I can spy on my opponents?

Tony Dungy: [laughs] I don't know about any cheat codes. They say that's really a big secret around here, it's like Spygate. I don't know if they put that in there or not or what the penalty would be if you entered any cheat codes, but we'll probably only let New England have cheat codes.

GameTap: Is all the Spygate stuff rumors that you've heard for a while?
Tony Dungy: Oh yeah, you always hope they aren't true and I guess I assumed they weren't true for a long time. But I guess we'll get to the bottom of it and be ready to move forward.

So while nearly everyone else associated with the NFL is either saying they are satisfied with the investigation and punishment, or that there was little or nothing to be gained, or that all teams try to figure out their opponent;s signals, His Holiness acts as if he's above anything like this while also taking a cheap shot at the Patriots organization.

Maybe the proper karma would be for the Madden Curse to take a visit to Dungheap's team this fall.

Re: Saint Dungy sticks it to Patriots

Thanks for giving the Pats some more bulletin board material, MLD, you stupid ****. If I was worried about the Pats playing the Colts next year before, I am moderately less worried now.

Last edited:

stop living in yesterday. this is old news

stop living in yesterday. this is old news

MrButtersworth is not lying. There was a big thread about it that was moved to the Visiting locker room.

Last edited:

That game sucked , I bought that 2 yrs ago,was the worse football game every invented..

Some of you guys need to get a grip on yourselves. This comes with cheating, and we cheated!
Please for the love of god, you all complain about negative comments and how it keeps on being dragged up, yet half the threads on this forum are about negative comments on spygate?

I honestly do not understand it.

MrButtersworth is not lying. There was a big thread about it that was moved to the Visiting locker room.

thank you Keggs for your emotional support. I still think we should trade troy brown and try to get something for him

thank you Keggs for your emotional support. I still think we should trade troy brown and try to get something for him

now that is funny

well done:singing:

Re: Tony Dungy..

And when you and "others" quote him, it make the deletion of his post mute.

Now, Dungy should have the brains not to comment on this even if his admirers in the press ask him about it. Yet, he has not shown the class or brains to keep his mouth shut.

I am glad 99.9% of the people on this forum don't stoop to that level, just shows that Pats fans are not all that bad and do have class...

Tony Dungy is the biggest hypocrite in the NFL.

No other coach or GM has taken consistent shots at BB and the Pats.

Anyone who doesn't see that Mr. Dark Day is full of crap is a Colts fan or is blind or both.

That said, it's something to know and keep in mind. It doesn't actually matter. The Pats didn't lose the SB because Tony Dungy said stupid things about them.

Re: Tony Dungy...

when Dungy's son killed himself, tony's main concern was his image.

He we frantically tried and successfully was able to get myspace to take down his son's horrible page. His kid was a piece of garbage. It's too bad he died but when you openly praise snipers, you won't have too many people feeling sorry for you.

Dungy's family needed him but he thought it was more important to try and win the Superbowl that year... he kept coaching his 13-1 team and decided not to take time off to be with his family.......which is his choice.

But then are we supposed to believe him this year when he says he might not come back b/c he needs to "be there for his family". your family needed you in 2005 Dungy. He may have fooled some, but i knew he'd keep coaching.

Then on Martin Luther King day Tony Dungy announces he's coming back to coach the Colts.

He has also written a book called "Quiet Strength" which was actually the title of a book written By Rosa Parks.

am i supposed to believe that those 2 events are coincidences?

I guess Tony feels like he can compare himself to Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King. He isn't even in the same universe as them. I think it's sad and he really should be disgusted with himself but he probably thinks they have a lot in common... yep you have a Real tough life Tony...

Good read and Very True and to the point.
Dungy** has the nerve to throw stones when its HE who lives in a Glass house. Nothing like "throwing a game" to build up your image as "Mr. Integrity". Dungy** should always have the ** after his name.

Re: Tony Dungy..

Probably is - but it still made me laugh . . . when you think you're better than everyone else you're asking for it.
Come on now, you can't be serious?? Dungy is as far away as the Pats as he can get.

Basically.. You just said your team is DOOMED. :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back