PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy: Eli is the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Had him behind Rodgers and, Maybe, Brees when talking on the Dan Patrick Show.

Just thought the start of trash week should be something to get the blood flowing.

I really hate that pinheaded a-hole.

What???? No, seriously, what??? Has Tony Dungy had a lobotomy?? That's one of the craziest things I've ever heard.

He had Brady 4th?

Honestly, that's nuts. Brady's about to go to his 5th SB. He's the best in the game.

To Eli's credit, he's nipping at the heels of the other guys. He has definitely elevated his game; if he wins the SB, there will probably be a lot of talk about the younger brother eclipsing the older somewhat.....

Old Quiet Strength is the poster boy for not having the courage of his convictions. He blows with the wind...ergo his opinion is worthless.

I think Eli is underrated, but ahead of Brady? WTF?!

Putting Rogers and Brees ahead of Brady is stupid enough. Tony Dungy is a bit biased me thinks. I have no doubt that Marshal Faulk will back him up on that though.

Last edited:
He had Brady 4th?

Honestly, that's nuts. Brady's about to go to his 5th SB. He's the best in the game.

To Eli's credit, he's nipping at the heels of the other guys. He has definitely elevated his game; if he wins the SB, there will probably be a lot of talk about the younger brother eclipsing the older somewhat.....

Even if Eli wins another ring, how is he any different from a guy like Phil Simms? Eli is wildly inconsistent, they are beginning to talk about him as if he plays this well every time he finds himself in a high pressure situation. That is not the case at all. Eli is a very good quarterback, but anyone who would take him over Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Peyton (and I have seen people suggesting he's better than his brother) is batsh*t crazy.

Anger and Hate lead to the dark side.

Did we really need his opinion and he does realize Peyton is still in the NFL?

The pious one has spoke, nuff said.

Rodney shows to much respect to self rightious Dungy, He needs to rip em off that high horse and tell em the deal. Eli's 4-5 IMO

Attachments

• your-high-horse.jpg
    your-high-horse.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
And if anyone could explain to me how in the hell is Eli Manning objectively better than Ben Roethlisberger, I'd greatly appreciate it too.

Coming from Tony Dungy........eh. He's nothing but a blow fart when he speaks. I will say that Eli has certainly made a case for himself to now be included in the conversation, but to put him with Brees and Brady is asinine. Personally, I won't even put Rodgers up there until he does it consistently for 4-5 years.

And if anyone could explain to me how in the hell is Eli Manning objectively better than Ben Roethlisberger, I'd greatly appreciate it too.

I'd take Eli over Big Ben. Eli has been very underrated up until the past week or so.

If the Giants win in two weeks on the back of Eli, I'd say that would elevate him to elite status. Until then it's Brady/Brees/Rodgers in the top tier and Manning as 1B.

I should note that Patrick's follow up questions had Dungy walk it back just a bit (I had to do something and couldn't post the update immediately). Patrick framed the follow up as Rodgers, then Brees, then Manning/Brady on the same level, and Dungy didn't argue that. So, at the lowest, Dungy had Manning even with Brady in a virtual 'tie'.

The postseason QB ratings show Eli 3rd.

Brees 110.1
Brady 105.8
Eli 103.1

Maybe this is what he meant.

I should note that Patrick's follow up questions had Dungy walk it back just a bit (I had to do something and couldn't post the update immediately). Patrick framed the follow up as Rodgers, then Brees, then Manning/Brady on the same level, and Dungy didn't argue that. So, at the lowest, Dungy had Manning even with Brady in a virtual 'tie'.

Yeah, I heard that, he was wishy washy as usual

Such an asinine thing. I get that people like to recognize how great Rodgers played last postseason and this regular season, but it doesn't automatically put him on top of Tom. Brees has had a very very good run, but still - would he win if he and Tom swapped shoes?

If we had to vote on NFL hall of fame credentials today, Tom and Peyton are the only QB's in the NFL on the 1st ballot. Ben R is next, along with Brees. Then comes the Eli and Rodgers types who've shown elite skill levels - just not the prolonged excellence that Tom and Peyton have shown for 10 years!

Makes him no less a piece of crap analyst.

Both QB's have improved their games in big ways since they started.

I don't know - Eli has an intangible quality, which is something I don't think his brother has. He has really keyed the 2 SB runs for the Giants, which have both been for the ages - on the road, sometimes in very bad conditions.

He's a pretty clutch QB, which is something I'd take over pure stats & ability any day.

So Eli has won playoff games in 2 of 8 seasons.

The definition of elite and clutch.

I guess this makes Sanchez and Flacco uber clutch.

Or the mediots just love the flavour du jour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes