PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy a false teacher??

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Got this off of a Christian end times MB I frequent. Apparently, Dungy is attending a "Christian" conference which is filled with Apostates - heck, Dave Ramsey isn't even an evangelical, he's only merely a financial guru.

Here goes(with the respective poster's comment in the 2nd half of this)...

Christian Standard

Christian Standard

mentions a story/brief article the Catalyst Conference October 7-9 from Atlanta

Quote from Brandon Smith (who is someone I know BTW) 's blog on this and is the Christian Standard's "reporter" for this conference:

Over 12,000 will come together to worship, converse, and hear from speakers such as Andy Stanley, Rob Bell, Tony Dungy, Francis Chan, Matt Chandler, Louie Giglio, Dave Ramsey, and Charles Swindoll.

Catalyst is “a leadership experience including powerful teaching, new voices, awe-inspiring worship, unmatched creativity, and missional stories of the Gospel being lived out.”

------------------------------------------

(my comment

enough with the missional stuff.

I want to see christians be Missionaires, not being Emergent and Missional

I am disappointed in the Christian Standard

it is the magazine of the Independent Christian Churches/Independent Churches of Christ movement

(of which I go to a church for now, associated with that denom.)

and I am troubled they are promoting a confrence like this and not mentioning that Rob Bell and Andy Stanley who are known false teachers.

If you "teach" religion you are by definition a false teacher.

Tony Dung-heap isn't necessarily the antiChrist but he is definitely ushering in the end of times.

Tony Dung-heap isn't necessarily the antiChrist but he is definitely ushering in the end of times.

Or maybe he's just being deceived thinking this particular conference he's going to is a Christian one.

He may be a very good Christian, but if I were him, I would think hard over which conferences to go into. Scripture warns about yoking with false teachers and believers of different faiths 2nd Cor 6:17 - Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye seperate, saith the Lord, touch not the unclean thing, and I will receive ye.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back