Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tonight, I made my wife cry.

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by ScotBhoy, Sep 7, 2006.

1. ScotBhoy

ScotBhoy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I honestly didn't mean to. It's just that there are too many things happening this month, too many to remember. The anniversary of my late mother's birthday, may she rest in peace. 3 Champions League games for my soccer team, Celtic, V Manchester U of England, V Copenhagen of Denmark and the one I am going to in Lisbon at the famous Stadium of Light V Benfica. The former eagerly aticipated by the whole of the UK and being played for the first time in front of a full house in Manchester, the Glazers wetting themselves at the proceeds. There is also a game against our oldest enemy, Rangers. There is a union meeting to determine this year's pay rise. 2 stag nights with very good friends. So when my wife asked what we were going to do for our anniversary, I had to ask her what date it was. She just sighed with resignation.
    Then I broke the news that she had been dreading. It's back! And for the next 5 months my life will be dedicated to the NFL. Boy did she cry! Thanks to Sky and Channel 5, 4 games a week to watch in full. It doesn't get much better.
    Go Pats!!
  2. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -1

Shame on you! (not really, I'm sure she'd cry about something else you'd be doing so why not about something really important.)
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +445 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

Here's a way to make things up to your wife so she feels better: Get her involved and make her part of the action! For example, you can have her cook special treats for you to eat while watching the games. She can bring you beer at the end of each quarter. And if the Patriots win, you can celebrate by having her perform special sexual favors! It's a win-win situation for both of you, and your wife will never complain again ... I think.
  4. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Delete this post before she starts divorce proceedings. Say lots and lots of Hail Marys and attend confession, even if you are as lapsed a Catholic as I am. BTW, you know we can now get games streamed online over here, don't you?
  5. ScotBhoy

ScotBhoy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I did not know this. Any info would be greatly appreciated. And in return, as a 3to4 times a week mass goer, I will pray for your lapsed soul! (Bloody hell, I'm beginning to sound like 3tobe4!) I'm not sure if it is of any interest to u but Sentanta sports now carries NASN as part of its sports package. It shows 1 live and 2 'as live' college games a week, plus a couple of highlights shows.
    PS. Man U v Celtic on Wednesday. First time they have ever met in a competition. Can't see anything other than a Celts victory!!
  6. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +204 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

No, really! I only have to move to New England to get the games and this happens. (Last season my broadband had trouble sustaining the Patsfans.com chat room, so I'm sure the excitement of trying to stream sports on-line would have given it a heart attack.)

Welcome to the new season, both of you -- wonderful to hear from you, Bhoy. Be sure to tell me anything clever/funny/informative that my man Mike Carlson says. He was a big part of my enjoyment of football back in the old country ...
  7. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Mike, I thought of you when I heard of this. I did chuckle, I must admit! Bhoy, my soul needs some praying for. The link is as follows:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nflgamepass

The only games not showing are those on telly in the relevant part of the world. So, Five and Sky games will be blocked (I think). They announced it AFTER I signed up for a year of Pontel. :mad:
  8. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Hah! We'll see about that. Still, the most important thing, as you alluded to in your original post, is that those lovely Glazers get their cash. £626 Million of debt, loaded on to United, and there are still idiots who think they are good for the club.
  9. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +204 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

THAT is hard. And neither of them are cheap!

Some interesting things. You see lots of people in Red Sox caps/clothing, almost no one (but this is Cambridge!) in Pats stuff. The print Globe is even more amazing than the on-line one -- totally dominated by baseball. They DID have a football preview hand-out with various scribes' predictions for the season. Unfortunately, I've thrown it out, but I do remember that not a single one -- not even Mike Reiss -- had the Pats as Superbowl winners. I remember the Globe being a much better paper 25 years ago. Apparently it is losing a lot of money, so perhaps someone will come in and sort it out.
  10. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Mike, didn't realize that you'd finally landed in the new country! Welcome back, and enjoy the season! By the way, I'd give up on the Globe for sports coverage, try the Herald and read Reiss online, that's what I do!
  11. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Ahhh, so it is as bad as advertised? Sod them. How's it going with looking the opposite way when crossing the road? Is jaywalking illegal in MA?
  12. Patti37

Patti37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe they were tears of joy because is excited that football season is finally starting?
  13. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

:D :D :D :D