PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tonight (9/20) at 9 PM on NFL Network...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
They are having a special called "Who is... Bill Belchick".

I think it is part of a "Who is..." series.

Just giving everyone a heads up.

I only saw parts of it, where they were interviewing Art Modell. It was ok, but there were still shots taken at BB.

This was an excellent program :rolleyes:

I did see a bit of “Who is” and found it amusing that they would talk to Art Modell. I think we could safely say that Art Modell has no idea who BB is. Also his recollection is somewhat fuzzy as he said he wished he could have kept BB – like he was forced to release him or something. Modell fired him! Over the phone! Ah well, I guess that happens when you get older.

I thought it was a pretty good program, and I liked a lot of the old video they had of him at the Browns. I did think, ihowever, that they spent WAYYYYY too much time talking to Modell and recounting BB's time in Cleveland. Modellsaid the same three things over and over again. They barely even mentioned his time with the Pats or Giants.

I was really diisapointed that I sat through this program. Who is Belichick? They interviewed Art Modell for 1/2 the show and all he could say was that BB is a hard worker but wouldn't kiss the media or fans behind and be a good PR man for the Browns. No great insights and I had to try to listen to Art Modell speak which was painful.

Art Modell has had an opportunity to fire two of the top three Coaches in the history of the League. Art fired Paul Brown and he fired Bill Belichick. I'm not sure but I think he fired Marty Schottenheimer as well. Even if Marty isn't a top five Coach, he certainly is top ten.

So Art fired three of the best Coaches in the history of the League, including the BEST coach of all time, Iin the opinion of both myself and more importantly Bill Belichcik, and the only Coach to have a team named after him, Paul Brown. What a doofus is Art Modell.

OTOH, he ALSO hired two of the top ten Coaches of all time too, so... How poor a Judge of coaching talent could he be?

Modell did give a comment when he hired an unknown Giants DC to coach his Browns. He said: " I have hired the last Coach in my lifetime... "

Modell doesn't have a clue. He is a lousy businessman. He owns a team that has a rabid fan base, and can't manage it responsibly. He has been in debt and over extended most of his life. He moves his team to Bmore with a sweet heart deal and still needs to sell shares of his team???

All he has ever cared about is image, not substance. Public relations is important to him. That's was his issue with Bill. Gee, what kind of public relations nightmare did Modell create when he moved the team.

That was trully a dark day for the NFL.

The team (Browns) that plays in the largest capacity stadium, that has been sold out forever, has to move because it was losing money????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back