PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom's trouble with plumbers union.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are missing the big picture here.

I'm concerned on how this will effect Tom this year. Let's say there is a big game (Chargers/Colts) and he has a problem with his plumbing. Will he be thinking about the Moss/Stallworth option or the union/non-union option?

This was going to be a season full of hope an anticipation. Now, thanks to these two crack reporters, it will be full of anxiety waiting for that toilet to clog. :mad:

The Pats plumb refused to go with the flow and are now flush with wideouts for Brady. The plan to clog up the middle with Welker and Watson.

Well not to get all political or anything but "doesn’t pay the “established community standard” wage of $61.75 an hour plus benefits" is clearly overpaying for unskilled labor IMO. By about 3 times.

Um, yeah....sorry guys but THIS is exactly why Unions are a freaking joke and bad for our economy...

Isn't Tom in a union? I thought union brothers around the world respected each other fights to make a living wage.

I hope this is sarcasm...not sure where, how, why $61 an hour is considered a "lving wage"???

I hope this is sarcasm...not sure where, how, why $61 an hour is considered a "lving wage"???
Yeah, multiply $60*a 40 hour week * 50 weeks and you get $120K + benefits with 2 weeks vacation and that's before any special high rates for emergencies.

Most jobs that require a 4 year degree don't make that much money - I know mine doesn't.

I know the ny jetssuck is behind this somehow!:mad:

it's that damn mangenious...;)

This is just stupid, IMO.
Don Yee should come out and make a statement against these 15min of fame arse crackers. They called after the job was already started! and all the fixtures were bought!...no fair! no fair! so lets picket in front of Brady's House! that will show them! No more pats games, that will show them! (I can hear the "Yeah! Yeah! Lets get em'! thunderous applause at the union meeting now; pipes in hand, raised high, Yeah!)

You know, it makes me wonder if Hoffa isn't Dead, why else would these plum-bums make a brilliant publicity stunt like this...Oh! Oh!, and maybe Man-Gina dug him up out of the end zone and propped him up at the meeting too, anything to get at the Pats right?...Just Plain Stupid.

IMO...

PD.

Nice to see the unions are still looking out for the little guy. :rolleyes: Sweet Christmas, have they ever lost their way since the days of actual worker exploitation. It's like they have nothing better to do now.

Next time, submit a bid, jackasses. And then when you don't get hired because someone else will do the job for less than $60 an hour, you can gripe. But only for three seconds.

This is exactly the reason why I've turned down jobs once I found out they were union shops.

I'm in total support of the union and to show my support, when they give me their tickets to the games they are boycotting, I will wear a union tee shirt & show that cheepTom Brady!

You guys are missing the big picture here.

I'm concerned on how this will effect Tom this year. Let's say there is a big game (Chargers/Colts) and he has a problem with his plumbing. Will he be thinking about the Moss/Stallworth option or the union/non-union option?

This was going to be a season full of hope an anticipation. Now, thanks to these two crack reporters, it will be full of anxiety waiting for that toilet to clog. :mad:

:rofl:

How can they call themselves Patriots fans and then use Tommy to get publicity for their greviance? Their beef is with the contractor not with Tom.

Last edited:
Since I usually take a long walk at lunchtime on fridays I thought I'd walk by the site and check it out. I work downtown so it was not a long walk up Beacon street. Tom's row house had scaffolding up and a cherry picker out in the street. The crew was sitting on the steps eating lunch. There was about 10 of them and the windows in the house were all popped out. At first when I was walking by I didn't see anything unusual until I saw a big pile of picket signs on the ground next to a big jug of water. The signs said "A and K plumbing doesn't conform to union standards ect......." I stopped to see if there any picketers and I finally saw that 3 of them were sitting on the back side of the cherry picker with the signs on there neck. I was going to ask them what they were picketing but they looked miserable. By the pile of signs on the ground there must have been more but they were at lunch. So the story is true that they are indeed picketing Tom Brady's new house.:mad: It looks like a really beautiful house though and with the roof deck he will have both a great skyline view and a sick Charles river view.:)

Sounds like an organization trying to take advantage of TB's celebrity.

Yeah, multiply $60*a 40 hour week * 50 weeks and you get $120K + benefits with 2 weeks vacation and that's before any special high rates for emergencies.

Most jobs that require a 4 year degree don't make that much money - I know mine doesn't.

If you read my post, I'm totally against unions, but I'm not against the working man making a decent living...where is it written that a high paying job requires a 4 year degree? I know 2 guys personally that are in the trades and both have 4 year degrees. I also know a guy with a 4 year degree thats unemployed and cant get (or keep) a job to save his life. If some useless homeowner thinks its worth his while to pay a plumber $125 to unclog a toilet, then why shouldnt the plumber charge $125 to unclog a toilet?

Get your nose outta the air and be glad theres working men out there that'll siphan the &%*# from your toilet.

If you read my post, I'm totally against unions, but I'm not against the working man making a decent living...where is it written that a high paying job requires a 4 year degree?
It's not.

If some useless homeowner thinks its worth his while to pay a plumber $125 to unclog a toilet, then why shouldnt the plumber charge $125 to unclog a toilet?
Fine, and if a homeowner wants to find a guy who'll do it for, say, $20 then why shouldn't he ? I'm fine with a plumber charging what he wants just not with them picketing if someone chooses to get it done cheaper.

Fine, and if a homeowner wants to find a guy who'll do it for, say, $20 then why shouldn't he ? I'm fine with a plumber charging what he wants just not with them picketing if someone chooses to get it done cheaper.

I agree -- there is a sucker born every minute. If someone wants to rip someone off and over charge, they can. But if other people are more principled and want to charge a more reasonable rate, they should be able too also. How can the union be upset over Tom using common sense? It's stupid. Would they pay $100 for something when they could get the same thing somewhere else for $5? Probably not.

Unions did a lot of good in the past. Now they are just useless organizations that are a drain on society.

First of all, I agree with the Posters who have pointed out that this should be the contractor's problem, not TB's.

That said, I'm going to go against the CW out here and defend the Union's right to protect its interests. None of us know all the facts in the case, and I would like to be assured that the Union first tried to work this out quietly before they made a public scene. Otherwise, stuff like this comes with the turf of TB's fame, not to mention of his fortune. IMO, he should instruct his contractor to hire these guys and move on.

I'm no bleeding heart, but Unions have helped a lot of people who were otherwise powerless earn a decent living. Sure there are abuses and $61 an hour for turning a wrench is an easy target to shoot at, but it's a lot better than a CEO who takes tens of millions for flushing his company down the toilet (just to keep the Plumber theme going).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back