PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom's trouble with plumbers union.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well not to get all political or anything but "doesn’t pay the “established community standard” wage of $61.75 an hour plus benefits" is clearly overpaying for unskilled labor IMO. By about 3 times.

I am sure someone will fill their seats. If they are truly going on strike because he doesn't hire them. If he did hire them, then the plumbing company would be like "WE LOVE TOM BRADY SO MUCH, WE ARE HIS BIGGEST FANS. ALSO WE DID HIS PLUMBING SO LET US DO YOURS!"

Assuming the details in the story are true, perhaps some union plumbers should have submitted a bid to the general contractor. Because none did and the general contractor went ahead with non-union plumbers, now Tom is getting picketed? Not a fine moment for union plumbers.

Regards,
Chris

The same unions that built this country are destroying it.

Any chance we can get a "Union Built" sign at the entrances of the Big Dig?

Go Pats!

Last edited:
Extortion.

Extortion.

No doubt.

These guys are completely trying to take advantage of the situation.

"A&K was put in the Brady pipeline by the general contractor, Boston’s Metric Corp. "

Do they really think Tom Brady has time to micromanage these things? His contractor subcontracted this plumbing group, what does that have to do with Tom Brady?

The story - much like the Inside Track - is a waste of time.

What a bunch of overpaid losers!!!!!

I truly hope he doesn't cave to these thugs!!

What a bunch of overpaid losers!!!!!

I truly hope he doesn't cave to these thugs!!

Which bunch of overpaid losers are you referring to? The overpaid Sport Stars or Plumbers?

I can't think of anything more stupid than picketing the house of New England's favorite son and looking for sympathy.

Isn't Tom in a union? I thought union brothers around the world respected each other fights to make a living wage.

I can't think of anything more stupid than picketing the house of New England's favorite son and looking for sympathy.
They threatened not to go to any more Patriots games until something is changed.

What a bunch of whining jerks. What are they? Colts fans?

For one, if they want to picket, picket the general contractor who hired the contractors, not the guy who writes the checks. They said they didn't want to embarrass Brady but had to right the wrong. Oh, but wait. This isn't about righting a wrong. It's about publicity. And there is no publicity in complaining about the general contracor who probably uses non-unionn labor all the time.

For another, no union shop submitted a bid. So stop crying now that a union shop didn't the the contract.

I can...how about a bunch of overpaid, part time workers striking right before summer vacation?

I'll give you a hint....Quincy teachers.

Well not to get all political or anything but "doesn’t pay the “established community standard” wage of $61.75 an hour plus benefits" is clearly overpaying for unskilled labor IMO. By about 3 times.

I wouldn't call plumbers unskilled. I sure as hell couldn't put in a toilet and I'll go out on a limb and say you couldn't either. One would think there is a fair amount of skill involved in quality plumbing.

Now laying pipe....that's a whole other arena. :singing:

As soon as I got to the part in the story where the union didn't put in a bid on the job, I was done with the plumbers. Open competition trumps extortion in my book.

I hate the offseason.

Those two need to take a douche with a high pressure fire hose!

I wouldn't call plumbers unskilled. I sure as hell couldn't put in a toilet and I'll go out on a limb and say you couldn't either. One would think there is a fair amount of skill involved in quality plumbing.

Now laying pipe....that's a whole other arena. :singing:

Your kidding right? You have never installed a toilet? Believe me it is not hard. I am remodeling a house built in 1960 (which is a real old house here in AZ) I have redone the entire plumbing/water system. I am not making $61.00 an hour and would laugh my A** off if someone tried to charge me that to do it. Heck I'll fly to Boston and do Tom's job for half of that if he throws in a kiss from his girlfriend.

Ask people in Detroit how the unions are...of course you can't talk to the ones that don't have jobs anymore since they were getting paid $40+ an hour for tightening a bolt and priced themselves out of the market. US auto makers are going down the tubes because foriegn car makers don't have to pay ludicrious wages like they do in Detroit and apparently for Boston plumbers. $60/hr what a joke.

Maybe we can ask the plumbers union to sell all their protesting plumbers tix to pats games this fall on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back