PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomorrow's Boston Herald cover story

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off he did sprain his ankle, watch the highlight of the Castillo sack in the 3rd quarter at midfield and watch how his ankle rolled. Classic high ankle sprain.
Second off he played like crap in the game after the injury occured. Threw 2 picks, clearly favored the ankle on his release, and didnt even attempt to throw the ball downfield. His QB coach since childhood (Martinez?) even stated that his mechanics looked very off after the injury took place and said it could have something to do with the injury

Nick, agree with you about the "Brady is faking it as part of a secret plot" nonsense. Some people are running out of things to talk about this week I guess. But I disagree about the ankle and Brady's game last Sunday. Brady was off all day long against the Chargers. The FIRST play of the game he overthrew a wide open Kyle Brady by 15 YARDS. I'm more convinced than ever him not being right against the Chargers was due much more to the illness and fever he had than his ankle. Funny you mention mechanics because Ron Jaworski looked at the game film and other than a couple of throws he didn't see any major mechanical flaws with Tom. Tom was sliding in the pocket like he usually does. Tom will be fine bad ankle or not. This guy has played through a sports hernia and a separated shoulder in his career not to mention the bad sprain he suffered the week before the SB against the Rams. Amputating his ankle won't stop Tom Brady from win # 19. Above all else TB is a football player. He's a warrior!!

Damn, you guys a ****ing gullible. Zero chance Brady ain't 100 % by next week.

He won't be 100% for about six weeks. He'll be wrapped and numbed and be able to move about as well as usual, which isn't all that great anyway.

Corey Dillon played about half a season at running back with worse.

Nick, agree with you about the "Brady is faking it as part of a secret plot" nonsense. Some people are running out of things to talk about this week I guess. But I disagree about the ankle and Brady's game last Sunday. Brady was off all day long against the Chargers. The FIRST play of the game he overthrew a wide open Kyle Brady by 15 YARDS. I'm more convinced than ever him not being right against the Chargers was due much more to the illness and fever he had than his ankle. Funny you mention mechanics because Ron Jaworski looked at the game film and other than a couple of throws he didn't see any major mechanical flaws with Tom. Tom was sliding in the pocket like he usually does. Tom will be fine bad ankle or not. This guy has played through a sports hernia and a separated shoulder in his career not to mention the bad sprain he suffered the week before the SB against the Rams. Amputating his ankle won't stop Tom Brady from win # 19. Above all else TB is a football player. He's a warrior!!

By the way, the TV cameras didn't show this on the Kyle Brady overthrow, but Kyle gave up on the route just as Brady began ****ing his arm. Kyle literally stopped running. I saw this at the game, and when I watched the DVR I SAW THAT THE TV CAMERAS DIDN'T SHOW KYLE GIVE UP ON THE ROUTE. (sorry for caps) I'm convinced that the ball was on target.

They actually explain it in the article:

BPD spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll said cops were there to keep Brady from getting sacked by anyone lurking in the alley behind his home. “There was just an unusual amount of activity in that area,” Driscoll said. “As a result we did send a direct patrol to that area to ensure it was a safe environment.”

IOW, they were keeping the peace because of a horde of paparazzi and journalists...like the ones writing the article we just read. :)

Plus, it's overtime.

You guys are funny thinking this is fake

Sometimes an ankle sprain is just that. An ankle sprain. Sometimes there is no more then meets the eye.
I didn't read the whole thread but I doubt many think it's fake - however put me in the "it's not a big deal until I see it is" camp. He played on it last week and was no worse than before it, assuming it happened when you said. He's done this before and been just fine. And a limp doesn't mean he can't put pressure on it, just that he's walking to not put pressure on it.

You guys are funny thinking this is fake

First off he did sprain his ankle, watch the highlight of the Castillo sack in the 3rd quarter at midfield and watch how his ankle rolled. Classic high ankle sprain.

I don't know, I rolled my ankle like that a few days ago while dancing and it was just a pretty bad twist. It still hurts and I have to limp somewhat, but it gets better everyday and I'm sure I'll be fine within the next few days. A bad twist could do that too, and it'd heal much faster than a sprain.

I cant wait to hear "The question about brady's ankle has been answered, and with a perfect drive like that, it seems to be just fine"

Here's a glimpse at what the Herald's cover story will be tomorrow:

Brady, Patriots depart for Glendale vowing to win Super Bowl XLII
Associated Press

Updated: January 27, 2008, 12:57 PM ET

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Brady returned. His boot didn't.

The Patriots quarterback walked with long strides and without a limp in his brown wingtips Sunday as he headed for one of the five buses that would take the team to its flight to Arizona for the Super Bowl a week later.

For the first time since last Sunday, Brady appeared in front of reporters and photographers in Foxborough. At a departure rally shortly before the buses left, he walked without slipping on a light dusting of snow on the Gillette Stadium field as flurries fell.

"Now this is Foxborough faithful right here," Brady told a cheering crowd of about 15,000 after he reached the podium at midfield along the Patriots sideline. "We can just go ahead and play the game today. Thank you guys for coming out."

The face of New England's franchise reportedly has a minor high ankle sprain. He wore a protective boot on his right foot last Monday in New York, causing a major stir and concern among Patriots fans hoping the club would beat the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII and become the first team in NFL history to finish 19-0.

After returning to Foxborough on Wednesday from a trip to see supermodel girlfriend Gisele Bundchen, Brady wasn't seen by the media the next two days while they were allowed into the locker room and at practice.

There was no media availability Saturday, and Brady hadn't spoken in public since his news conference right after New England's 21-12 win over the San Diego Chargers in the AFC Championship Game the previous Sunday.

The NFL MVP made no reference to the boot or the condition of his foot at the rally. Neither did coach Bill Belichick or the other players who addressed the crowd -- Richard Seymour, Tedy Bruschi and Junior Seau.

One fan held a sign: BRADY- GIVE THE GIANTS THE BOOT.

A young boy had a different message on his poster. "Where is Brady?"

Last Monday, Brady was spotted wearing the boot outside Bundchen's home. Later that day and on Tuesday, he wasn't wearing it when photographed by the paparazzi. Teammates said they expect him to play in the Super Bowl.

As the snow fell, Brady stood at the podium in a gray, pinstriped suit, and a crisp white shirt that was open at the collar. He had no overcoat but kept his hands in his pockets in the subfreezing temperatures while others spoke. Then he made some brief remarks.

"We're going down there for one reason," he said. "That's to bring a title back to Foxborough."

After the rally that lasted about an hour, players boarded the yellow buses lined up outside the stadium with a sign on each: GOOD LUCK PATRIOTS.

Brady waved to the crowd with his left hand and carried a travel bag in his right as he walked beside backup quarterback Matt Cassel. They went about 30 yards from the last bus in line before they boarded the second as fans cheered.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3217171

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye