PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tommy Kelly OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a position at which we had a fine set of starters and very questionable backups has both starters injured.

Life in the NFL ...

We now have gone from good DL to the worst or near worst in the NFL without either player.

Hard to win titles with that problem,it's up to the LBs now to cover up a big gaping hole.

We now have gone from good DL to the worst or near worst in the NFL without either player.

Hard to win titles with that problem,it's up to the LBs now to cover up a big gaping hole.

Maybe as a run stopping defense, funny enough, I feel like our pass rush has improved.

Luckily, the Saints are not good at running the ball, they are nearly a 50/50 run/pass team this year (14 more pass attempts than rush attempts) yet are only averaging 3.1 ypc and 78 yds/g.

We're going to need the pass rush much more than the run defense come Sunday, the Saints are the ones who will need the better run D as i'm thinking we may prioritize the run game to keep Brees off the field.

Leon Washington has been an absolute waste of a roster spot. He's provided zero improvement in the return game since he can't seem to find his way onto the football field on Sundays.

Why hasn't he been cut yet?

Cut? No, the usual way of ending the year as a Pat is on IR...:rolleyes:

Where is this Armstead legend at?

So a position at which we had a fine set of starters and very questionable backups has both starters injured.

Life in the NFL ...

and they have both been two of the most Durable DT's in the NFL only missing like 20 games in there combined 20 years of playing... just one of dose years I guess

A lot of Leon bashing and he has deserved it but with the way this offense has been anything we can get from the KR will be great and obviously his injuries arent season ending. Also he was here week one so he is paid in full either way. He needs to hurry the f up though, get healed up and give us more than one return for the money.

I would think as the weeks go on his spot would be a prime candidate if we need to add depth but right now we are thin at RB and again his injuries arent season ending.

I've never understood the logic of this. People are angry because the team is weakened by the player being unavailable due to injury so their solution is to blame the player for his injury and ask for him to be cut so the team can be permanently be weakened.

Cut Washington and have Boyce do KR. Sign a TE or DL. The guy has been nothing more than a pure waste of money and a spot.

The Patriots would not gain any cap space by releasing Washington.

Kelley is a bigger loss than Wilfork. Wilfork was overweight and out of shape this year. We all love you Big Guy, but lay off the cheeseburgers.

Kelley is a bigger loss than Wilfork. Wilfork was overweight and out of shape this year. We all love you Big Guy, but lay off the cheeseburgers.

I think he may have already had a foot injury before he got put on IR that maybe why he did not step right, I could be wrong but I never seen him get pushed around like that before no way he was 100

Saints don't run the ball very well so we are lucky...but this DL is screwed for the year if he can't stay on the field

So long Mrs. Nesbitt.

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 50s

The Patriots have waived DT Andre Neblett and promoted DT Marcus Forston from the practice squad.

The Patriots would not gain any cap space by releasing Washington.

And through 6 weeks we haven't seen a single gain of having him on the football team. He is a waste and a costly one when we have much more important needs than a special teamer who can't even get on the field.

And through 6 weeks we haven't seen a single gain of having him on the football team. He is a waste and a costly one when we have much more important needs than a special teamer who can't even get on the field.

Washington came back for a little over 700k, so while I agree that he's a waste, he isn't quite the waste that you may feel.

I think he may have already had a foot injury before he got put on IR that maybe why he did not step right, I could be wrong but I never seen him get pushed around like that before no way he was 100

A foot injury would explain a LOT. He was having a lousy year. The foot injury may have caused him to favor one leg and thus the Achilles.

In any case Vince has to layoff the cheeseburgers and get into shape for next yet. I'll bet he was playing at 380 pounds this year, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back