PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomlinson says Jets locker room 'as bad as I've ever been around'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watced this, and Mr Classy throws everyone under the bus.

The part I found the funniest was they asked him why the Jets changed their philopsophy from run to pass, saying they focussed on the passing game in the offseason. First that is wrong, they resigned Holmes and replace Edwards with a cheap player and kept the entire running game in tact.
Mr Classy of course jumped on the chance to blame philosophy instead of the reality that they sucked running the ball so had to throw more. But here was the best part. He says '2 consecutive AFCCG.If it ain't broke don't fix it'. As if it was 2 straight SB Championships. I have never seen a team so proud of getting kind of close that they act like it was the greatest accomplishment in the history of the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think LdT has developed something that eluded another RB we tortured, perspective. Not to mention he's a lot more articulate. I think he has some serious career regrets. Not the least of which is wasting his sunset years in that swamp. And he's positioning himself for his second career. Marshall Faulk, you marble mouthed, bitter, agenda driven pill, meet your soon to be replacement.

Not many LT threads and not many in the future so please let me rehash my favorite LT story. 2007 they came in for a playoff game and stayed in the hotel down the street in Quincy. My regular cabbie took LT and a couple cronies out for a steak dinner. It was snowing and coming in on 93 LT starts his *****ing "what is there to do around here, no beaches no clubs what do you guys got?". To which my clever cabbie quickly retorted "we got rings!" :cool:

Cabbies get super bowl rings?

love it - please continue this implosion for our enjoyment....:D

... Probably too soon, but I couldn't resist. :bricks:
The Jest 2012 Season in a nut-shell:

Attachments

• 2012season.jpg
    2012season.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 193
Cabbies get super bowl rings?

"what is there to do around here, no beaches no clubs what do you guys got?".

Your interpretation of that is LdT thinking the cabbie might personally own beaches and clubs, then?

Last edited:
I think LdT has developed something that eluded another RB we tortured, perspective. Not to mention he's a lot more articulate. I think he has some serious career regrets. Not the least of which is wasting his sunset years in that swamp. And he's positioning himself for his second career. Marshall Faulk, you marble mouthed, bitter, agenda driven pill, meet your soon to be replacement.

Great, so we get one Patriot hater replacing another Patriot hater? LOL...:bricks:

Great, so we get one Patriot hater replacing another Patriot hater? LOL...:bricks:

He was VERY complemenary of the Pats.
He also almost apologized and said he was wrong for calling the Pats classless in 2007. He said 'we lost, i was going home, i took some shots at them' in a very conciliatory sounding way.

Felger admitted he was wrong? About the Jets? I didn't hear that.

What I heard last week was him saying the Patriots and their fans shouldn't be doing a "victory lap" because just one year doesn't prove anything, after the Jets went further than them the previous two years.

And yes, I changed the station/

I saw him say it on the televised broadcast. It's hard to say when it was as my time is becoming nondescript during a 3 month lay off. He didn't hesitate and immediately admitted he was wrong.

Your interpretation of that is LdT thinking the cabbie might personally own beaches and clubs, then?

that's nothing...in another thread he calls drafting Brady "dumb luck"...which means they were stupid to waste a 6th round pick on him and just "got lucky"...wonder how he feels about BB replacing franchise QB Drew Bledsoe with "Dumb Lucksterdy" and playing him through the playoffs and the Super Bowl vs. the Rams?

He also almost apologized and said he was wrong for calling the Pats classless in 2007. He said 'we lost, i was going home, i took some shots at them' in a very conciliatory sounding way.

Grudging admiration from afar.
From so very, very far.
Back-to-back coulda-been seasons, followed by utter implosion and collapse all around you, and worst of all... coming at the end of the line for an athlete whose glory days have long passed... will do that, I suppose.

He's not getting a pass from me.... Choke on it, Tomlinson! Kleenex says, "Bless you!" but I won't!
:D

that's nothing...in another thread he calls drafting Brady "dumb luck"...which means they were stupid to waste a 6th round pick on him and just "got lucky"...wonder how he feels about BB replacing franchise QB Drew Bledsoe with "Dumb Lucksterdy" and playing him through the playoffs and the Super Bowl vs. the Rams?

Way to read my mind.

So you are saying the pats drafted Brady with the intention of making him their franchise qb? Are you high?

Dumb luck. Capital D.

No. Patriots do. You will see.

Oh, cause it sounded like the cabby was a patriot and actually had a super bowl ring, which would be pretty impressive. I know steeler fans all have 6 rings floating around their jewelry box but I didn't think that was a Boston delusion as well.

Or maybe he was Michael Irvin's dealer before he got the cabby gig.

Last edited:

This. It sounded like he was trying to talk his way onto a new team, almost.

Way to read my mind.

So you are saying the pats drafted Brady with the intention of making him their franchise qb? Are you high?

Dumb luck. Capital D.

no..I'm not saying anything of the kind...I'm saying the Patriots took a QB in the 6th round, that was passed over 6 times by YOUR superhero goony gaga Ravens and two years later THAT pick was the winning QB in the Super Bowl AFTER replacing an All Pro franchise QB..of course, an intergalactically moronic space alien would call that "lucky" but here on Planet Earth it's called foresight...Michael Holley ,in his new book War Room ,elucidates..

“Few people outside of football operations realized what was happening in Foxboro,” Holley writes. “The firm but flexible scouting system that Belichick had dreamed of a decade earlier was finally ready to be put into practice. . . . The system borrowed from other places, but overall it was original, so it truly was creating another language.”

BB made his own luck at the intersection of preparation and opportunity....the result drives people like you insane with jealousy...we understand.

I saw it live, and the one thing that struck me was the very end. They kind of joked with him saying, well you guys voted Holmes a captain......LT said, no we didn't the coaches picked the captains. Sapp looked at him and said, I've never heard of that before.

............Very telling to how Rexy runs his operation.

Any coach who
1.Says he didnt know why his #1 WR was not on the last drive of season defining game and
2. Says he lost the locker room...

would not have job. Imagine if coughlin said this.... Again shows how media shows favoritism for people who give them material and help them in their jobs.

You can also go back to last year and Rex denying any knowledge of the "Alosi Wall," even though a player stated that they had been doing it every game since Ryan took over.

There seems a number of important things about his team that Rex Ryan claim he was unaware of, some of them literally happening right in front of him.

I guess Jets management and fans can be happy that he has vowed never to change.

Jets Players will step up next year to be leaders on offense and defense, other players will rally around them, these leaders will be like captains without a C embroidered on their jerseys and Rex will do his best to pretend there are NO captains on the team. Sounds bonkers, are there any captainless teams in the NFL?

Ladainian pretty much threw Rex under the bus bringing up his absentmindedness as of 4 weeks into the season concerning the locker room.

Last edited:
Way to read my mind.

Dumb luck. Capital D.

Wasn't exactly dumb luck. Team personnel went out and visited him twice in Michigan before that draft. Not saying they knew had the future Joe Montana in their sights. Obviously, if that were the case, they would have stomped on him earlier.. But they knew the kid had the abilities they were looking for to change direction (from Bledsoe) and be more of a controlled QB who could manage the game. And he was on the radar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back