PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomlinson: If Pats aint cheatin' they ain't tryin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tomlinson: If Pats aint cheatin' they aint tryin'

I wish no permanent harm on him. He has a right to his opinion.

I do however hope that he gets the worst case of the sh*ts just before kickoff!
LMAO. Yes yes, I wish that. Forget Vince eating his fingers. :D

Last edited:

Wow! Tomlinson has just painted a nice big target on his back didn't he?

As the most dangerous offensive player on the team Tomlinson has a target on his back every game. This doesn't change anything. If anything it will take the Pats focus off what they need to do to win the game.

Last edited:

As the most dangerous offensive player on the team Tomlinson has a target on his back every game. This doesn't change anything. If anything it will take the Pats focus off what they need to do to win the game.

Why would it take there focus off?

Boy, you are not very bright.

If players need comments like this to play their hardest then that doesn't say much about their professionalism.
I've seen comments like this a lot, and I think they show flawed reasoning.

Now we would all agree that football players, like all people, have feelings that fluctuate at different times, for different reasons. We would also agree that for anyone, in any profession, feelings can effect job performance. (If someone is inspired about the job they do, they may constantly increase the level at which they perform in that job, etc.)

Now you certainly can't think that, in order to be a legitimately "professional" football player, one has to overcome the universal tendency to have one's feelings effect one's job performance, do you?

So, if we don't accept the strange hypothesis above, then we realize it is worthwhile for a coach to do what he can to channel his players' feelings in a direction that is beneficial to his team. This is what Belichick does, and I imagine he will use Tomlinson's blabbing for that purpose.

Last edited:

Boy, you are not very bright.

Yeah and neither is a guy like Phil Jackson who won 9 championships playing mind games with the opposing team in the press.

How so? As many of us have observed before LT's little press conference, all the Pats have to do is shut down he and Gates and the Chargers 2 trick offense is cooked.

I've always tried to avoid the "class" arguments, because who really cares anyway. The "Tomlinson is classy" argument just became a little harder to make.

Note, there is a grey area between "classy" and "classless." I'm thinking Tomlinson probably resides there.

The correct answer is "no comment."

So, if we don't accept the strange hypothesis above, then we realize it is worthwhile for a coach to do what he can to channel his players' feelings in a direction that is beneficial to his team. This is what Belichick does, and I imagine he will use Tomlinson's blabbing for that purpose.

BB already trashes the other team in the locker room with his players, often making up stories that aren't true to try and motivate his guys. So what else is new? I don't see the benefit of these comments other than to derail their focus, because you can't prove you aren't cheating by going out and playing harder.

Last edited:

BB already trashes the other team in the locker room with his players, often making up stories that aren't true to try and motivate his guys. So what else is new? I don't see the benefit of these comments other than to derail their focus, because you can't prove you aren't cheating by going out and playing harder.

Huh? When does he do this?

After his breakfast with the devil?

Hahaha. Yeah and I am sure you know what the hell goes on in the Pats locker room, moron.

Derail their focus? By focusing the attention on LT shooting his mouth off again?

The thing is, LT is not playing any complicated mind games here (and certainly not like Phil Jackson...come on, that's an embarassing connection to make). There is no benefit in these comments, they weren't made strategically, LT was just speaking his mind. And he made the comments because he does not like the Pats.

It's not as simple of LT talking trash because he hates the Pats? It's complicated mind games? Right...

The 49ers of the 80's used to be called cheaters, S David Fulcher of the Bengals whined about it after losing a SB to them. Just replace Fulcher with the current whiners. That's what losers do.

Yes, the Niners, so people said, did nothing but cheat. And the Cowboys of the nineties were hated, and the Steelers were dirty, and so on...people do not like successful franchises. They do not like success. They like surprises, and they love suspicion.

Whatever gamesmanship may have occurred, or not, is pretty minor in the grand picture. That anyone could believe that somehow, in a violent and lightning-fast game involving millions of dollars in planning and sweat, and involving thousands of personnel making dozens of decisions every 30 seconds, a series of solitary, not-too-bright cameramen, in the right places and at the right times, could have shifted the balance of NFL power to the Patriots all these years, is indicative of jealousy, paranoia, and a trace, perhaps, of fear. It is also insane.

I wish the Pats had more pillars of the community playing for them.

Like the Steroid Boys, Merriman and Castillo and Gangsta wanna be Drayton Florence.

I'm glad that loss in SD stung a bit. The Chargers deserved it.

Last edited:

Derail their focus? By focusing the attention on LT shooting his mouth off again?

The thing is, LT is not playing any complicated mind games here (and certainly not like Phil Jackson...come on, that's an embarassing connection to make). There is no benefit in these comments, they weren't made strategically, LT was just speaking his mind. And he made the comments because he does not like the Pats.

It's not as simple of LT talking trash because he hates the Pats? It's complicated mind games? Right...

Mind games don't need to be complicated. A comment that gets under your skin can cause you to spend time and energy focusing on what was said rather than focusing on game preparation and what you need to do to win the game.

You didn't know he does that?

If he does......he does it in the locker room like you said.

The Chargers are one of the bigger public bad mouthers.

If players need comments like this to play their hardest then that doesn't say much about their professionalism.

A few comments in an interview justify going out and injuring someone? Damn, stay classy New England.

Blah, blah, blah. So they're not professiobnal. Who cares? Theya re three time Super Bowl winners. If you don't realize that the adrenaline kicks in when you're disrespected, that's your own problem. The Patriots feed off this thing. This isn't a goddamned business meeting. Professionalism is for guys with ties. This is about getting it on and getting ready to wreck a guy on a football field.

By Gates' own admission, they weren't ready to perform last year. I guess the Chargers aren't too professional. Maybe they need the Patriots to provide some bulletin board material.

Your point is not well conceived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back