PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

tomase's "analysis"

Status
Not open for further replies.
shakadave said:
What are you talking about? To me it was informative and on-target.

I'm with you. Not homer-ish but very reasonable -- also good reporting on the reaction from Seymour.

"– Tom Brady: The quarterback won’t be going 11-of-23 for 163 yards much again. But the number that may be fortelling is this one: four catches, 51 yards; the totals posted by the Patriots receivers. The lack of receivers who can break coverage the way Branch could gives defenses an ability to balance out their look and blitz more, thus being less predictable. It also forces Brady to hold the ball longer, which is why he got beat up a bit Sunday.

– Laurence Maroney, Corey Dillon: If the passing game struggles, these two will feel the effects. The duo is now front-and-center for the Patriots’ offense. The trouble will come if the team’s forced to lean on them too heavily, since Dillon’s in his 10th year and Maroney may eventually hit a rookie wall when his carries go up, like Tampa Bay’s Cadillac Williams did a year ago. Either way, expect a lot of safeties creeping into the box for the time being."

i found this to be odd. i mean doesnt BB know this. Will he still have a game plan relying heavily on the running game ? In the past so many yrs the pats have never played according the talent available, always depending on what team they play against. As per tomase , if we play the steelers we will keep running the ball even though its a tough run defense. If anything BB will keep the same kind of planning as in the past regardless of the receivers. i would very surprised if we become like the steelers..
As far as receivers go..its not going to be better without branch but its 1 game to go on his analysis

Jason Chayut: His job isn’t to win popularity contests. In fact, in many cases, it’s to lose them. And he did awful in the court of public opinion. But he comes out of this the unquestioned winner. By a landslide. He got his client to a good place, and found him the “Reggie Wayne Money†everyone said wasn’t there — six years, $39 million. Others, both college players and those already in the NFL, were watching. Be assured on this one, Chayut’s moving into a very high-rent district among NFL agents.

Somebody else will be watching too.

A "war room" sometime in the future.

"Who's his agent"?
"Chayut"
"The guy that caused that stink with Branch while he was still under contract"?
"Yup"
"OK who's next on the list":D

Last edited:
Creeping safeties up will mean Watson and Graham will shred their defenses. I highly doubt that our opponents will plan this way.

Have we seen Gabe or Chad yet? NO!

so, until we do see them and the media sees them who in the hell can make a meaningful analysis of our WR's?:eek:

The answer to the above question; NOBODY!

If the receivers Sunday were aour top three, he'd have a point.
They're actually 3,4 and 6.

On the key play, Brady barely had a chance to look at the ball, much less hold it too long.

Who read BB's mind? He never said he didn't expect anyone to make an offer for Branch.

When you are smart and make an offer, you are prepared for either/or to happen. Branch finally found an offer he liked with adequate compensation.

That's why BB told him to look for offers. Finding one was a possible outcome, maybe the preferred outcome after he found out how honorable Branch and his agent were.

RayClay said:
If the receivers Sunday were aour top three, he'd have a point.
They're actually 3,4 and 6.

On the key play, Brady barely had a chance to look at the ball, much less hold it too long.

Who read BB's mind? He never said he didn't expect anyone to make an offer for Branch.

When you are smart and make an offer, you are prepared for either/or to happen. Branch finally found an offer he liked with adequate compensation.

That's why BB told him to look for offers. Finding one was a possible outcome, maybe the preferred outcome after he found out how honorable Branch and his agent were.

They were the top three on Sunday and that's his point. And who says that either of those guys is going to do anything this year? Your argument is much weaker because Thomase is talking about the players on the field and you are just assuming that Jackson and Gabriel will be good because you are a Patriots fan. No one has seen anything from either of those two that would suggest they are a top NFL receiver. I really don't care what Jackson did against Middle Tennessee St, he hasn't done anything since he was drafted other than make an ass out of himself at the Kraft's annual charity event. It's nice though that you know who the top five receivers are and in what order. Maybe you should call Bill because I doubt he even knows that at this point.

Mike the Brit said:
I'm with you. Not homer-ish but very reasonable -- also good reporting on the reaction from Seymour.

No, Reiss didn't report it. I mean, the Patriots didn't call Reiss and then he didn't report it. It's only good if it goes from the Patriots to Reiss to us.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
They were the top three on Sunday and that's his point. And who says that either of those guys is going to do anything this year? Your argument is much weaker because Thomase is talking about the players on the field and you are just assuming that Jackson and Gabriel will be good because you are a Patriots fan. No one has seen anything from either of those two that would suggest they are a top NFL receiver. I really don't care what Jackson did against Middle Tennessee St, he hasn't done anything since he was drafted other than make an ass out of himself at the Kraft's annual charity event. It's nice though that you know who the top five receivers are and in what order. Maybe you should call Bill because I doubt he even knows that at this point.

Well golly gee willikers Ron, If we were starting a 7th round pick and a guy picked #65 in the draft, you'd be saying "pay them whatever they want, screw the future of the team, they're irreplaceable".

Just happens we drafted the best receiver in the draft, (if you're worried about Jackson's comportment, how about Santonio Holmes)? WOW!!!!!

You want proof!!!

I'll give you Truth. But you can't handle the Truth.

The Patriots are the best organization in football. Best coach, best Personnel guy. Best owner.

We make average players look like world beaters and we are always contenders because we understand value.

Bye Ron, it's been real.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm Ron Borges? said:
No, Reiss didn't report it. I mean, the Patriots didn't call Reiss and then he didn't report it. It's only good if it goes from the Patriots to Reiss to us.

By the way, maybe we could trade Seymour for David Terrel or Koren Robinson.

D'ya think?:confused:

It looks to me as if all of those blog entries were written by Breer, not Tomase, unless "Posted by Albert Breer" means only that Breer hit the enter key.

I see nothing wrong with players feeling sorry for losing a teammate. Branch was more popular than some of us realized...but to imagine that the players are angry at the coach and at the Front Office is to interpret their remarks with distortion and malice aforethought. Something Mr. Borges is very adept at doing in his opinion pieces for the Globe.

I think the effect of Branch's departure in the short run will be unfortunate. It'd be great to have Branch drawing attention away from Gabriel and Jackson while Brady develops a rapport with them. Next year's first round draft choice won't help us right now...and 5' 9" Deion did show up big in big games. My own favorite memory is his field-length TD catch to start the AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh in Jan 2005...a throw and catch that looked so easy it belied the comfort level shared by Branch and Brady. It will take some time before Brady achieves that with anyone else...but we can take heart in seeing what McNabb and Stallworth were able to accomplish after only a few weeks together. The TEAM will survive, and gel, and will win again--of that I am certain, and I think the players are certain of it too.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike the Brit

Wow!

That post had the authentic, childish note of school yard sarcasm. Perhaps you are Ron Borges. (Hint: if you wonder why you had such trouble getting a girl-friend you might want to look at this -- ladies find it a real turn-off.)

SVN, when you make a post which apparently makes fun of someone, you should try not to screw it up yourself. And there were two problems with yours.

First, as kolbitr already pointed out, it was NOT Tomase's blog post, it was Breer's. Second, referring to a blog post by its main link, when that blog is updated >5 times a day, means that a few minutes later people following the link may have no idea what you were referring to (which happened here). In fact less than 9 hours later that post isn't even on the first page of the Herald blog.

The RIGHT way to link to a blog entry is to click on its headline so that it's the only one showing, then copy and paste THAT address. In the case of the entry you were referring to, it's Branch: Movers and Shakers.

Hey Ronnie, your miserable posts are a lot like Ronnie Borges' work over at the Globe. Why don't you answer my questions and we'll find out who is who?

Seriously! Answer these questions honestly, and we'll see.

I'll start with an easy one:

1. Have you taken a swing at a cripple in the past 16 months?

2. Do you spew vile innuendo and libel over the airwaves and internet about Bill Belichick hoping that some of it will stick and that he will be "exposed" for the loser he really is, even after his team's three recent superbowl wins?

3. Are you a lazy reporter who regularly writes puff pieces for players on behalf of agents (sometimes these agents are also your own)?

4. Did you publicly castigate BB for a) drafting Seymour over David Terrell and Kenyatta Walker; b) trading Drew Bledsoe; c) cutting Lawyer Milloy. Have you never backed down from any of these columns/remarks?

5. Do you hate Belichick because he is at the peak of his profession, respected and admired by his peers and by all of the media (except a few lazy, lying, cripple-punching pukes like yourself), while you are universally thought of as a joke, a lightweight, a liitle p*ick with some unknown and delusional agenda?

6. Are you a Will McDonough wannabe? A little guy who would love to get the inside story, but can't because you are both a terrible journalist and a grade A as*hole (remember when Al Davis hung up on you when you tried to weasel into Will Mc's rolodex?)

7. Do you still believe you will be working in this town when BB leaves the Patriots Ronnie?

8. And lastly, just to sum you up, Ron Borges, if that is your real name, do you remember when you wrote a story taking shots at BB the day after his father passed away?

If you answered 'yes' to every question here, then yes, you are Ron Borges, the reason I no longer read the globe, and the "writer" I point to when when I'm asked for examples of shoddy, amateurish, and, lets not forget, frequently unsourced and often flat out incorrect reporting.

If not, then you are nevertheless a contrarian blowhard who likes the sound of his own chirping. Here's an idea: hows about you STFU or stop being such a colossal pr*ck to everyone on this board? Sound good?

Last edited:
I'm Ron Borges? said:
You're trying too hard. I mean, I know you want to take the opposite view, but sometimes you just have to say that when you take the top WR in the draft, or the second one, it is reasonable to expect that he will do well. Also, Gabriel was doing okay with Kerry Collins throwing to him. Do you think Brady is better at finding the open man? Then it is resonable to expect that Gabriel, who posted decent numbers, will play rather well.

Quit trying to hard to be a contrarian, and then when you make a good point people will listen to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey