PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase with the extra-mile research and PatsFans call-out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1016368

"The result is a fan base that has turned out in droves and is attempting to do the unthinkable: push the Red Sox [team stats] off the back page of the newspaper. On the message boards at fan site Patsfans.com, seven of the 10 most-viewed threads since 2005 have been composed this year."

WOW...Tomase giving props tothe Patriots..WOW..great!! I have to say I love it!! Here's one for Tomase!!

Nice article.

It's not such an easy assignment: here's something everyone knows (the Patriots are starting their pre-season games) now write about it in a way that makes it interesting.

Good journalism, JT.

(Was the point about competing for interest with the R*d S*x a little dig at the Globe? Fair enough.)

Couple of weeks ago my bro in law called me, he is a lifelong Vikes fan who went to his first Vikes TC, he was at their camp and excited as hell. I asked how many people showed up and he told me about 250, interesting.. even at the old Bryant camp in the old days, never remember anything like 250 fans.. the base is here and is rabid.

Must hand it to Tomase..once in awhile he gets it right....more consistency and less Red Sox...

(Was the point about competing for interest with the R*d S*x a little dig at the Globe? Fair enough.)
I think it was a dig at themselves (The Herald), since The Herald's sports section is on the back page, unlike the Globe's.

I think it was a dig at themselves (The Herald), since The Herald's sports section is on the back page, unlike the Globe's.

Good point!

Not being a Tomase fan, I have to give him kudo's for a very good article that does tell the story in a straight forward manner.

As far as the *** *** are concerned, we Patriots fans are only looking for a little more balance in media time. I have no complaint againts the newpapers. However, the premiere sports radio station in the area needs to get the message.

Not being a Tomase fan, I have to give him kudo's for a very good article that does tell the story in a straight forward manner.

As far as the *** *** are concerned, we Patriots fans are only looking for a little more balance in media time. I have no complaint againts the newpapers. However, the premiere sports radio station in the area needs to get the message.

1) Tomase continues to get better and better IMHO, as far as his reporting and insight regarding this team.

2) Are you kidding me - with Jackie Mac and the Shaugnessey - two hacks that should refrain from writing anything about a sport (and their fans) that they are clueless about. Were it not for Reiss - I woudl not even read that rag anymore.

3) Agree with you re: WEEI - other than 10-2, there is nothing to listen to there for me. I cannot wait for my new car and Sirrius radio for NFL all day.

I don't know. I think Tomase has gotten a bum rap on this board. The guy did scoop everyone on a couple of big stories last year like Brischi's broken wirst.

I have always liked the guy.

Besides, I am a huge fan of Blues Traveller.

I don't know. I think Tomase has gotten a bum rap on this board. The guy did scoop everyone on a couple of big stories last year like Brischi's broken wirst.

I have always liked the guy.

I agree. Tomase has, IMO, provided consistently excellent coverage for awhile now, with more surprising scoops than anyone - many of which are mocked and derided here (until they become the CW and then people get awfully quiet). The only person in his ballpark of coverage is Reiss, and he's great too, 'though his scoops tend to be of the "Bill Belichick likes me and gave me an interview" sort.

I think Tomase's a bit more critical, which can be a very good, eye-opening thing, and Reiss is a bit more "straight reporting" and happy-go-puppy, which has its value, as well. What they have in common is that they both clearly put in the time, and work hard, and that is evident and appreciated. Either way, between Tomase and Reiss (and, to a lesser degree, Breer, McHugh, Pires), I think we have fairly solid reporting on this team.

Last edited:
Tomase said:
On the message boards at fan site Patsfans.com, seven of the 10 most-viewed threads since 2005 have been composed this year."

Thank god Ian moved the two Cheerleader threads over to the Ladies Lounge. :D

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1016368

On the message boards at fan site Patsfans.com, seven of the 10 most-viewed threads since 2005 have been composed this year."

Showoff. ;)

I don't think any of us even knew that. It's pretty flattering that someone from the major media would take the time to do research on what we're spewing about here.

I'm blushing.........John is kinda sweet.

(Did I type that out loud?......er.....ummmm......hey guys, how about that game tonight?!?!? Gonna bust some heads!!!!!!!!!!! Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Either way, between Tomase and Reiss (and, to a lesser degree, Breer, McHugh, Pires), I think we have fairly solid reporting on this team.

After some scrambling and reshuffling in recent years, especially Holley's departure, it does seem like we're settling into some good solid reporting. Gasper's had some nice pieces, and Breer has been turning in some insightful and entertaining blog entries. In fact, with Borges and now seemingly Felger off the local pages, provocateur-style football grousing is an endangered species in these parts.

I agree. Tomase has, IMO, provided consistently excellent coverage for awhile now, with more surprising scoops than anyone - many of which are mocked and derided here (until they become the CW and then people get awfully quiet). The only person in his ballpark of coverage is Reiss, and he's great too, 'though his scoops tend to be of the "Bill Belichick likes me and gave me an interview" sort.

I think Tomase's a bit more critical, which can be a very good, eye-opening thing, and Reiss is a bit more "straight reporting" and happy-go-puppy, which has its value, as well. What they have in common is that they both clearly put in the time, and work hard, and that is evident and appreciated. Either way, between Tomase and Reiss (and, to a lesser degree, Breer, McHugh, Pires), I think we have fairly solid reporting on this team.
I disagree and find his reoprting up and down and when he's with Felger, he sometimes falls into the same trap of know-nothing statements. He DOES have some good scoops here and there, but when it's back to the ckiches, he falls flat. He's improved, but I still think he has a ways to go to get into the Reiss ball park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down