PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase thinks Belichick stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing about this entire situation that makes me believe that he is staying is the fact that he hasn't gone public about his contract status.

I would think that if he was going to leave, he would want other owners to know when so they could make plans to compete for his services. I don't think that BB is going to retire from football completely for a LOOOONG time. Wouldn't you think that a man as smart as BB would want his contract status to be know if he was leaving so he could get owners into a bidding war for his services?

Wouldn't you think that a man as smart as BB would want his contract status to be know if he was leaving so he could get owners into a bidding war for his services?
Doesn't have to be public knowledge any more than his contract terms are public.

The other media (not Tomase) are creating speculative noise because it's what they're paid to do.

Heres a link for all the Tomase haters.....the guy aint Borges yet . He see what we all see.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1013276

I don't know what the big deal is. Tomase is only parotting what we pats fans have been saying since the first rumors were posted MONTHS AGO! In fact it looks like he got all his information by reading one of the many threads that were post HERE....or any other Pats site, on this topic.

Lets not give this guy a halo, just because he wrote a rehashed story when he was desperate for content just before training camp.. He needed a column and he got one. That's all this is about. Good for him, boring for us, very neutral stuff

Much like the Bruschi rumor, and this thread, this is a non story.

Doesn't have to be public knowledge any more than his contract terms are public.

The other media (not Tomase) are creating speculative noise because it's what they're paid to do.
with all the posts about this you would think patriot nation cant wait for it to happen, why doesnt everyone just enjoy whats going on and let kraft handle the negotiations he represents patriot nation and i wouldnt want anyone handling negotiations

Belichick is going nowhere. Scott Pioli was on Sirius radio in the spring and said he plans on being with the Patriots for a long time. He was also intimating the Belichick would be as well. They are a package deal and going nowhere.

The media is grasping at straws as usual which is very annoying. Bob Lobel has also said he beleives the window is closing on our Super Bowl run. The window is not closing for a good 6 years. As long as Brady and Belichick are both here we will be in the hunt.

The media in Boston and nationally needs to give it a rest.

Belichick is going nowhere. Scott Pioli was on Sirius radio in the spring and said he plans on being with the Patriots for a long time. He was also intimating the Belichick would be as well. They are a package deal and going nowhere.

see below:

has anybody at all ever heard any specifics with regard to what would make the Giants HC job a "dream" scenario for Belichick? Where did this meme start and why does it persist? how exactly would that opportunity be even HALF as dreamy as what he currently has in New England? because he coached there in the 80's? so what? why not a rumor he has plans to go back to Cleveland to redeem himself there?

I utterly reject the notion that the Giants job is some kind of football Valhalla for Belichick until someone comes up with some plausible support for it. Simply saying it over and over again doesn't make it so.

And while I'm here can anybody offer any support at all that the idea of "starting from scratch" is attractive to Belichick? Sure there are a lot of coaches who get off on that kind of thing. Parcells was one. But as we know, Belichick is decidedly not Parcells. EVERYTHING this coach has done since day one has been about SUSTAINING success over the long haul. NOTHING Belichick has done has been about a 5-year plan to win a super bowl like other coaches have.

Doesn't Holley's book point out pretty explicitly that the conversations Kraft and Belichick had when he was being interviewed for the job all centered squarely on how to build a team that could remain competitive year-in and year-out rather than following the established load up/rebuild model?

Nothing puts a jump in my step more than when people try to apply conventional NFL wisdom to a team that has done just about everything unconventionally since the day Belichick showed up.

It's agreed then...he stays.

It's agreed then...he stays.

Yes he does, he wil be here through the 2017 season having signed a multi year deal.

Feel better??

Belichick's not stupid enough to leave the Golden Goose. Now, in 5 years when Brady is about to turn 35 . . . then we can talk. But not now.

Belichick's not stupid enough to leave the Golden Goose. Now, in 5 years when Brady is about to turn 35 . . . then we can talk. But not now.

and I'd hazard a guess that the heir apparent to Brady will have already been identified and brought into the fold by then and that issue too will not necessarily be indicative of BB moving on.

While not the biggest John Tommose fan, I do agree with him that I think Bill has about 3 or 4 yrs left with this squad.. But until we hear from Kraft or Belichick, there will always be doubt..

Obviously. However, that wasn't the point of my post.

Last edited:
The question is "Why would BB leave?"

Money? Kraft will pay him whatever he wants to stay

To Win? No team in the NFL has a better chance at success than NE.

NY? The Patriots have become the model franchise in the NFL, NYG would be a step back.

To Win in the NFC? A ring is a ring, right? Dumb argument.

His "girlfriend"? Can't BB buy a Yankee hat and walk around NYC in the offseason like Brady does?

I don't know what the big deal is. Tomase is only parotting what we pats fans have been saying since the first rumors were posted MONTHS AGO! In fact it looks like he got all his information by reading one of the many threads that were post HERE....or any other Pats site, on this topic.

Lets not give this guy a halo, just because he wrote a rehashed story when he was desperate for content just before training camp.. He needed a column and he got one. That's all this is about. Good for him, boring for us, very neutral stuff

Much like the Bruschi rumor, and this thread, this is a non story.
Wow you are really a jerk aint you. Yes I know he is saying what we said. But thats the exact opposite of what most in our beloved Boston media say. If you think the thread is worthless....ignore it, dont add to it. Tomase takes a lot of heat as a negative blogger, so I figured a positive blog was newsworthy. In summation if this thread is worthless your snarky reply is twice as worthless.

see below:
"... we’re not building for just the 2007 season, we’re building for ’08, ’09, ’10, ’11, ’12, so this is long-term. .... We take a long-range look. Bill and I want to be there for a while, we want to have success. It’s not just about building and making a quick run at it, we want to try to sustain success.”
- - - Scott Pioli, 3/31/07

Hey, I don't believe Pioli or Belichick are going anywhere soon either, but at the same time I don't think your quote proves anything. I mean, when is the last time you heard a coach or exec say, "we're loading up this year, and screwing the team's future, because Bill and I are planning to jump ship after this season anyway?"

For example, even Nick Saban was pronouncing his intention to stay with the Dolphins just days before he announced he was taking the Alabama job. Talk is cheap.

Last edited:
Wow you are really a jerk aint you. Yes I know he is saying what we said. But thats the exact opposite of what most in our beloved Boston media say. If you think the thread is worthless....ignore it, dont add to it. Tomase takes a lot of heat as a negative blogger, so I figured a positive blog was newsworthy. In summation if this thread is worthless your snarky reply is twice as worthless.

Patience grasshopper, ;) it's just that some of us who've been on this board awhile, have seen this topic regurgitated six ways to sunday already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes