PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: Source claims Pats filmed Rams' Super Bowl walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, this has been out there since the story broke in September. Lots of Rams allegations about filming practice/walkthrough. The level of security at that Superbowl was always an issue for this particular story, so I guess now it's morphed into a guy left behind to film...

This is nothing but a last ditch effort to discredit a team about to accomplish something no other team ever has or likely will. Courtesy of your tax dollars and a couple of hack investigative journalist wannabes. Including that overweight frustrated baseball lover at the Herald who wouldn't have a job by now if teams he loves to rip weren't winning championships hand over fist.

No tape hit Marshall Faulk every time he moved. No tape picked Warner as Mike Vrabel closed in on his face. No tape hit David Patton in the corner of the EZ as a half wound down or led a drive for the ages pinned on the 17 with no time outs left. And no tape kicked a 48 yard FG as time expired.

Mike Perriera said the other day that BB is one coach he seldom talks to because Bill doesn't whine and complain. He doesn't look for excuses when his team loses. Too bad more of these A-holes in the NFL weren't held accountable for there own friggin' incompetent failures.

If Arlen Spector wants to know how his beloved Iggles lost their Superbowl, he should try watching the replays since they are on ad nauseum (so to speak) lately. His superstar QB choked, literally as well as figuratively. And if Marshall FAulk still has issues about why the Rams game plan failed, he should track down his nowadays underemployed former HC.

Very well said mo...

This is just pure speculation (wow, maybe I should be a reporter :D ) but one of the things Profootballtalk mentions is that there is some question as to exactly when Walsh left the team. It seems that it may have been sometime around the Super Bowl 36 time frame. Wouldn't be interesting to learn that Walsh was the one who filmed the walk through and was fired for it?

If the timing of this doesn't make people (and not just Pats fans) skeptical, then nothing will.

Face it. It's not going away ever. Until BB comes out with his own version and no "other footage" ever resurfaces anywhere.

This has nothing to do with taping defensive signals in game. Now once again, everything the Patriots have ever done is under a microscope while conveniently all the other teams get off scot-free. Jimmy JOhnson had his stories of different things they used to do and nobody is questioning those Cowboys SBs. Why not? Why doesn't ANYONE ask the question?

Last edited:
Crazy how we went through almost 2 weeks of Superbowl hype without hearing a word about all this and now CONVENIENTLY 2 days before the Superbowl it seems the witchunt has returned...when will it end??? and who the hell is this "source"? if this was true and such a big deal why did they wait 6 years later to talk their shiiit? :confused:

Remember 2 days before 1980 election, the story of George W. Bush's drunk driving arrest in Maine from decades earlier hit the wires. The timing of that covenient story cost GWB hundreds of thousands of votes.

I think all the hype that is the NE Pats, is what it is because BB goes over and above what most teams consider getting an edge. BB wants to win at all costs, and it's getting ready to bite him in the ass.

I know Pats fans love beating their chests thinking their teams is superior, but the fact is BB is just cheating harder then everyone else. At the very least when you're caught cheating and fined harder then any other sports franchise in the history of sports, you shouldn't be allowed to participate in any post season events. The Pats season is a complete joke and they will never be able to fully enjoy their perfect season cause the cheating will never go away, and it shouldn't.

Just like the Dolphins cant enjoy thier perfect season, because they were lucky against the jets in 72... Get out of here moron...

Hey, Sean Pa Patriot, don't quote that FeelthePain tool. He's on my ignore list....man, what is the point of ignore if I can just read his crap in other messages!

A Dolphins fan....lol, a Dolphins fan. Most pathetic franchise in the league.

I think all the hype that is the NE Pats, is what it is because BB goes over and above what most teams consider getting an edge. BB wants to win at all costs, and it's getting ready to bite him in the ass.

I know Pats fans love beating their chests thinking their teams is superior, but the fact is BB is just cheating harder then everyone else. At the very least when you're caught cheating and fined harder then any other sports franchise in the history of sports, you shouldn't be allowed to participate in any post season events. The Pats season is a complete joke and they will never be able to fully enjoy their perfect season cause the cheating will never go away, and it shouldn't.

Why is it that you are here, troll? Fact is that you are just as friggin stupid now as you were months ago when you got taken out behind the woodshed and beaten.

The Pats DID NOT CHEAT. Nothing they did gave them ANY benefit during the games. Roger Goodell has announced that SEVERAL TIMES. What the Patriots did was break a rule. And breaking a rule is not necessarily cheating. Its like when a player wears the wrong socks. Or the wrong shoes. I'll refer you back to another analogy because I don't think you are intelligent enough to figure it out. All squares are rectangles. But not all rectangles are squares. In other words, breaking a rule is not cheating, but all cheating is breaking the rules.

What is a joke is morons like yourself who are truly unintelligent and prove it on a regular basis.

If the timing of this doesn't make people (and not just Pats fans) skeptical, then nothing will.

Face it. It's not going away ever. Until BB comes out with his own version and no "other footage" ever resurfaces anywhere.

This has nothing to do with taping defensive signals in game. Now once again, everything the Patriots have ever done is under a microscope while conveniently all the other teams get off scot-free. Jimmy JOhnson had his stories of different things they used to do and nobody is questioning those Cowboys SBs. Why not? Why doesn't ANYONE ask the question?

bella, you're over reacting. this story is a joke at this point and nothing more. The mere fact you are so worried has me worried. Don't you look for validity, evidence or confirmation before you react?

c'mon...it's Saturday! Chill out & relax. There is nothing here to worry about. Look at the whole video thing and how it was finally revealed to be nothing other teams weren't doing.

Let us all remember, the Jets video taped the Patriots at Gillette and the NFL said it was ok. The fact that makes this story a joke is that it's being released in the midst of the SB weekend...now THAT should make everyone suspicious.

Remember 2 days before 1980 election, the story of George W. Bush's drunk driving arrest in Maine from decades earlier hit the wires. The timing of that covenient story cost GWB hundreds of thousands of votes.

1980? Off by a couple decades :)

Typical, you just want the credit, forget the facts. Your reaction now, is what it will be 10 years from now 50 years from now because the Pats were found GUILTY of cheating. That will never go away, your team is tainted regardless of Sundays outcome. The "perfect Pats season" isn't perfect and never will be.

What facts? There was NOTHING factual about your original post. NOTHING. The Patriots were NOT found Guilty of CHEATING. You might want to STFU because Roger Goodell, the commissioner who levied the penalties against the Patriots, just said YESTERDAY that the Patriots did NOT cheat.

yawn...whatever tough guy. Here some facts for YOU and those like to ponder.

NOTHING will happen as a result of Spector or the Rams practice video BS...NOTHING AT ALL.

meanwhile, you will have to remain in POUT mode as our Patriots continue to dominate and pound teams like yours into submission.:D

Go chew on that!

grapes-print.jpg

Sorry you feel that way.

bella, you're over reacting. this story is a joke at this point and nothing more. The mere fact you are so worried has me worried. Don't you look for validity, evidence or confirmation before you react?

c'mon...it's Saturday! Chill out & relax. There is nothing here to worry about. Look at the whole video thing and how it was finally revealed to be nothing other teams weren't doing.

Let us all remember, the Jets video taped the Patriots at Gillette and the NFL said it was ok. The fact that makes this story a joke is that it's being released in the midst of the SB weekend...now THAT should make everyone suspicious.

Aw, man, don't be worried because of me! I have a one year old who is keeping me from sleeping and stressing me out lately. THat's probably a huge reason.

I'm just pissed, that's all. It will be a relief for me when this season is all over.

Besides, way back when this story was first breaking, we all heard about the different things over the years other teams and coaches did. Some of those stories were really funny. It drove the point home to me that this is very very widespread and common and historically has been. So it's a bit annoying to see some people freaking out when it could easily be true. THis happens as a matter of course. I doubt anyone thought they were doing anything other than what had always been done. Bottom line is, none of us really know anything about the inner workings of the NFL. But from what I've seen, this could easily be true and it's not remotely a big deal.

That would really reek havoc with some other dynasties who literally cheated the cap to maintain the talent to win their championships. I guess at the least we can eliminate the 49'ers and wipe out Elway's back to back Lombardis since he was getting paid under the table and Shanny's team got docked multiple picks for than little transgression.

There are more jealous hypocrits than so called cheaters in this league, that's what this is all about.

Last edited:
A lot of people seem to be blowing this one off, but I'm extremely concerned about it. Clearly Matt Walsh is the source and he's going to spill the beans at some point. I suspect it will happen once the NFL media descends on Hawaii (where Walsh lives) for the Pro Bowl. If it's just a he said/she said thing then nothing really changes. Walsh will be painted as a disgruntled employee with an ax to grind. However, if he produces a tape of the Rams walkthrough, fair or not, Super Bowl XXXVI will be forever tarnished. It sucks and I wish this weren't happening.

Typical, you just want the credit, forget the facts. Your reaction now, is what it will be 10 years from now 50 years from now because the Pats were found GUILTY of cheating. That will never go away, your team is tainted regardless of Sundays outcome. The "perfect Pats season" isn't perfect and never will be.

Why don't you do what Bill Bellichick told Tom Jackson to do? Then get lost:mad: I hate disingenuous jealouse babies. That's not personal, just in general.

Last edited:
i think peter king addressed this a long time back. martz said there was some stuff going on but it had nothing to do with the patriots.

A lot of people seem to be blowing this one off, but I'm extremely concerned about it. Clearly Matt Walsh is the source and he's going to spill the beans at some point. I suspect it will happen once the NFL media descends on Hawaii (where Walsh lives) for the Pro Bowl. If it's just a he said/she said thing then nothing really changes. Walsh will be painted as a disgruntled employee with an ax to grind. However, if he produces a tape of the Rams walkthrough, fair or not, Super Bowl XXXVI will be forever tarnished. It sucks and I wish this weren't happening.

Ummm . . . didn't someone say last year that the last walkthrough is basically just a "friends and family"-type event (taking photos, etc.), rathe than a serious practice? [Heck, this year, the Pats' "final walkthrough" today is just taking the team photo.]

This kind of stuff has been going on forever. Here's a famous story told by Tom Landry involving then Dallas scout Bucko Kilroy (who later would become personnel man for the Pats and recently passed away).

Tom Landry, the Cowboys' coach for their first 29 seasons, recalled how
George Allen always tried to use something to gain an advantage. In 1967, before the Rams beat the Cowboys, 35-13, that something was Bucko Kilroy.

"It was early in the season, and we were working out over at a high school in Dallas," Landry said. "We noticed that there was a car there every day. Finally, we got somebody to check it out, and we found out it was a rented car. We traced it down, and it ended up that one of the LA Rams scouts was watching practice.

"Everybody got excited about it. George just said the only reason he did it was because Bucko Kilroy was watching his practice. Bucko was one of our scouts. He was a big guy, about 260 or 270 (pounds). He (Allen) said he caught Bucko up a tree watching the Rams' practice. We just laughed because Bucko could never get up a tree.

"It was so important in the newspapers all week, we ended up getting beat. We were thinking about the scouting more than the game."

So they weren't "filming" each other... just "watching" right? Only because "filming" back then would have required a lot more than some handheld video equipment. C'mon people! I keep waiting for someone in the NFL to shoot all of this crap down and call it what it is... gamesmanship, pure and simple. Everyone laughs when they hear these kind of stories about gamesmanship between greats like George Allen and Tom Landry. Then the same people want to crucify BB for doing the same thing. Jealous Hypocrites!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back