PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: Seymour may be a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my position is this:

Is Seymour more valuable to us on the field right now or should we just warehouse and get some picks for him in the offseason?

We have the #1 defense in the league and Green is a HUGE part of that.

Whenever Hot Tub gets ready to come back, do you really want to disrupt the chemistry of the #1 defense in the league?

I say shut him down, put him on IR and get a second and fourth for him come draft day.

Green is here to stay and he actually SHOWS up on Sundays.

Wow. After a series of incredibly short-sighted, ******ed posts on this thread, THIS ONE takes the cake. Holy God. And "disrupt the chemistry of the D?" Are you kidding me? You win. I can't delve into the level of asinine you have turned an already asinine thread toward. Congratulations.

PatsSox, no one is disputing his talent, but at what point do you say, "This guy just can't play in the NFL game and stay on the field."?

Okay, one last post since the question's directed toward me. At what point do I say that? At one point do I give up on Richard Seymour? Um...I'm not sure, but it's a HELLUVA LONG WAYS from where the F we are right now. YEARS from now.

Two more years of Seymour getting hurt, and then I'll cut bait. As of now, he's a likely hall of famer on PUP, jackass.

Last edited:
I can't delve into the level of asinine

You seem to do this pretty regularly with your illogical posts and your infantile responses so why balk at it now?

Last edited:
Okay, one last post since the question's directed toward me. At what point do I say that? At one point do I give up on Richard Seymour? Um...I'm not sure, but it's HELLUVA LONG WAYS from where the F we are right now. YEARS from now. Two more years of Seymour getting hurt, and then I'll cut bait. As of now, he's a likely hall of famer on PUP, jackass.

LMAO...
A wise book cautions against arguing with fools...
Its like trying to teach a pig to sing, its futile and just annoys the pig.
:rolleyes:

Say you disagree if you disagree. That's allowed.

But at least acknowledge that Jarvis is a talented player and we really don't lose a whole lot having him in there instead of Seymour.

And once you have acknowledged that, go further and admit that Green is an infintely more DEPENDABLE player than Seymour, who has now missed almost an entire NFL season's worth of regular games (15) in his 7-year career (87 out of 102).

Not to mention tanking it in the '03 AFC championship game against the Colts - a transgression for which I, personally, have never been able to forgive him.

And who DID step up in that win and lead the D-Line? None other than Jarvis "Whenever you call me, I'll be there" Green.

I think it's obvious by my reaction that I disagree. As would most rational football fans, I'd wager.

That's not to take anything away from Green. He certainly is talented, but he's nowhere near as good as Seymour when he's healthy. And how exactly did Seymour "tank it" in the AFCCG against the Colts? Please, refresh my memory.

Of course, nothing that you've said really establishes a case that Green is a better player than Seymour.

Wow. After a series of incredibly short-sighted, ******ed posts on this thread, THIS ONE takes the cake. Holy God. And "disrupt the chemistry of the D?" Are you kidding me? You win. I can't delve into the level of asinine you have turned an already asinine thread toward. Congratulations.

Come on, you and I have disagreed before and survived. I like your opinions, even if they don't always match mine.

And it's public knowledge around here that I am not a Seymour fan.

That said, of course, I hope the guy comes back and shreds the league because it only helps my team.

But in the end, I think he's worth more to an NFC bottom-feeder (Minn, NO, St. Louis, Philly, Atlanta) than he is to the Pats.

We may get a little better when he comes back, but that also means Jarvis has to sit.

Whereas two strong, young, hungry players in the draft will pay dividends.

So, I say shelve him and get him ready for the trading block. Make sure he doesn't twist an ankle or pull a hammy or some **** and his value goes down before the draft.

Roll him out there fully healthy and ready to bring us back some value on our investment.

Last edited:
Did you seriously just call him "Big Pu-Sey"?

My lord, your jackassery knows no bounds. Who cares if Green "sits" (factually untrue) when Seymour returns? Seymour is a much better player.

Okay, one last post since the question's directed toward me. At what point do I say that? At one point do I give up on Richard Seymour? Um...I'm not sure, but it's a HELLUVA LONG WAYS from where the F we are right now. YEARS from now.

Two more years of Seymour getting hurt, and then I'll cut bait. As of now, he's a likely hall of famer on PUP, jackass.

Okay, two years.

Two years of age (he'll be 30), two more years of injury and inconsistency, two more years of declining value.

If you're ready to admit he can go in two years, why not now?

(Also, why do you call people names? Can't you just have a discussion, or even a heated debate, without getting personal?)

Last edited:
Two years of age (he'll be 30), two more years of injury and inconsistency, two more years of declining value.

Well it's good to know that some posters in this forum can apparently see into the future. What else can you tell us, Nostradamus?

Of course, nothing that you've said really establishes a case that Green is a better player than Seymour.

Not a "better player", because that is subjective.

Green is just must more valuable to THIS TEAM right now.

Put it this way:

You have to play Green or Seymour. Acknowledging that Seymour is greater talent, you choose him. But, you still really don't experience a HUGE difference between their performances.

Now, you have to trade Seymour or Green. Who brings you more on the open market because of past accomplishments? Seymour, right?

So, why not trade Seymour and keep Green.

You get solid play on the line and greater value in the trade.

Did you seriously just call him "Big Pu-Sey"?

My lord, your jackassery knows no bounds. Who cares if Green "sits" (factually untrue) when Seymour returns? Seymour is a much better player.

Yeah, that's my little pet nickname for him.

You like?

You can use it if you want in two years when PatsSox23 is ready to cut him loose!

LOL!

God, I love you guys!

Last edited:
Not a "better player", because that is subjective.

Green is just must more valuable to THIS TEAM right now.

Put it this way:

You have to play Green or Seymour. Acknowledging that Seymour is greater talent, you choose him. But, you still really don't experience a HUGE difference between their performances.

Now, you have to trade Seymour or Green. Who brings you more on the open market because of past accomplishments? Seymour, right?

So, why not trade Seymour and keep Green.

You get solid play on the line and greater value in the trade.

No.

You keep them both, because you realize that when Seymour gets healthy again, he's going to start and play at a level Green could only wish to achieve.

And then you have Green, who you can use in pass rushing situations and to spell either Seymour or Warren.

No.

You keep them both, because you realize that when Seymour gets healthy again, he's going to start and play at a level Green could only wish to achieve.

And then you have Green, who you can use in pass rushing situations and to spell either Seymour or Warren.

Exactly, 4 is better than 3.
Dohh...

Seymour had serious knee and elbow issues all last year. I would like to see anyone here play a DL position with one injury, let alone both.

It is fair to say that Seymour dropped off last season, but when he returned from the 2005 injury (which happened while playing FB - seems he actually was willing to put in a little more effort because you do need to practice that) he was as dominant as he has ever been. In the Denver playoff game, they might have gotten 10 yards the entire game running at Richard. He killed them.

What we have here is a lack of perspective. The last time we saw Seymour he wasn't quite up to his normal standards, and he is now absent. Sometimes it is good to take a step back and look at the whole picture.

I would be willing to bet my bottom dollar that that he will put all this crap to rest by the end of the year.

No.

Okay, I'll grant you that.

But, Green HAS earned the right to start in this league.

He'll probably go back to being a situational player, but only because he is TEAM guy.

I would just prefer to start him and trade the Big Pu-Sey. Just my personal preference. Obviously not yours.

Okay, I'll grant you that.

But, Green HAS earned the right to start in this league.

He'll probably go back to being a situational player, but only because he is TEAM guy.

I would just prefer to start him and trade the Big Pu-Sey. Just my personal preference. Obviously not yours.

Let us all now bow our heads in a prayer of thanks that Armen does not, in fact, run the team in any manner.

Let us all now bow our heads in a prayer of thanks that Armen does not, in fact, run the team in any manner.

LMAO................

The one point Armen makes that we all can agree on (I think), Green has been solid as a starter.

Frankly, I think historically he performed much better being a rotational sub. On a per play basis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back