PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: Seymour may be a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny, thanks for the bolded parts and making my point for me. Your over-the-top, hyperbole that Chad Jackson has done - QUOTE - "NOTHING" is wrong. I admit he's been a disappointment, and the injury sustained in the AFCCG is incredibly deflating, but I think 3 times as many TDs as Wes Welker had last year, even with the lack of action and receptions, constitutes "something" more than "nothing." I also think 1 1/2 seasons into a career is too early to write a guy off. Call me crazy.

Isn't the learning curve for WRs rather high relative to other positions? And don't many WRs take ~3 years to realize their potential? Wasn't Chad Jackson particularly young when we drafted him?

You are comparing what Jackson was supposed to be for us to what welker is for us?

No. I'm not. And any thinking operson, who can read, knows that I made it very clear that I wasn't doing that. Stop lying. It makes your already pathetic argument look even worse.

He is not the the best dl men on the team at this point. Injurys = not being on the field. The greats stay healthy. I am not saying Seymour is not great, just saying.

You could say IF many guys could stay healthy they would be monsters. But they cant so they arent.

Rich needs to come back and get it going.

When healthy, Seymour is the best DL on the team.

I guess you can make the case that, taking durability into consideration, Warren is a better player at this point.

No. I'm not. And any thinking operson, who can read, knows that I made it very clear that I wasn't doing that. Stop lying. It makes your already pathetic argument look even worse.

Um you just said and I qoute

"but I think 3 times as many TDs as Wes Welker had last year, even with the lack of action and receptions, constitutes "something" more than "nothing."

You are saying Jackson had 3td's to Welkers one. Problem is Welker is a slot guy who gets first downs and is not supposed to be a home run hitter like Jackson.

Last edited:
Isn't the learning curve for WRs rather high relative to other positions? And don't many WRs take ~3 years to realize their potential? Wasn't Chad Jackson particularly young when we drafted him?

Yes, Yes and Yes. We even had a couple threads about this a year or two ago. Not all, but a significant number of Pro Bowl WRs didn't blossom until their 3rd or 4th years in the league, even without injuries. They aren't all like Branch, Moss and Boldin.

Yes, Yes and Yes. We even had a couple threads about this a year or two ago. Not all, but a significant number of Pro Bowl WRs didn't blossom until their 3rd or 4th years in the league, even without injuries. They aren't all like Branch, Moss and Boldin.

Jackson has not even played a full year yet. He should be good in what 2009?

Last edited:
Um you just said and I qoute "but I think 3 times as many TDs as Wes Welker had last year, even with the lack of action and receptions, constitutes "something" more than "nothing."

Yes, I did. And if you can't see the difference between saying that and saying that they each contributed on the same level, I don't know what to tell you. Honestly, you making this argument the way you have, it helps MY side of things. You're embarrassing yourself, son.

Yes, I did. And if you can't see the difference between saying that and saying that they each contributed on the same level, I don't know what to tell you. Honestly, you making this argument the way you have, it helps MY side of things. You're embarrassing yourself, son.

Not really concerned with being embarrassed on the Internet haha. The fact is Jackson is your binky.

Last edited:
I'll have you know, sir, my binky is either on IR (Dave Thomas) or the Vikings (you-know-who).

Danny, thanks for the bolded parts and making my point for me. Your over-the-top, hyperbole that Chad Jackson has done - QUOTE - "NOTHING" is wrong. I admit he's been a disappointment, and the injury sustained in the AFCCG is incredibly deflating, but I think 3 times as many TDs as Wes Welker had last year, even with the lack of action and receptions, constitutes "something" more than "nothing." I also think 1 1/2 seasons into a career is too early to write a guy off. Call me crazy.

You're crazy! Wes Welker's body of work dwarf's CJ's. Thanks for cherry
picking TD's to prove your point. One is a slot receiver and the other a WR.
3 TD's is a pretty medicore body of work for a WR on this team. CJ is a big
disappointment at this stage of his career and while it might not be "nothing'
is sure isn't 'something' either. Defend him all you will but please do not even
try to compare Welker and Jackson. It is no contest.

is sure isn't 'something' either. Defend him all you will but please do not even

Exactly. Wow three td's!!! The guy was supposed to be a burner. His three td's dont mean much considering all the routes he blew and time he missed on the sidelines.

When I say "nothing" I am referring to the fact the kid was a high pick with huge expectations. Im sorry I just dont think Jackson was worth it.

Maybe he will prove me wrong in 2086 when he "develops"

Last edited:

Dude, read the post you just quoted. Good Christ, you people. I even made it clear I was NOT comparing their production in a comprehensive way. I'm merely pointing out - I'd thought unnecessarily - that 3 TDs is not "nothing."

You said he contributed nothing. He didn't contribute "nothing," he contributed "something." This isn't rocket science for the rest of us.

Dude, read the post you just quoted. Good Christ, you people. I even made it clear I was NOT comparing their production in a comprehensive way. I'm merely pointing out - I'd thought unnecessarily - that 3 TDs is not "nothing."

Using a guy who is not supposed to get many td's, then comparing his one td, with ther guy who is SUPPOSED to get big time td's is stupid. 3 td's compared to Welkers one considering the expectations for Jackson , and his role on the team = nothing.

Last edited:
When I say "nothing" I am referring to the fact the kid was a high pick with huge expectations. Im sorry I just dont think Jackson was worth it.

Ohhhhhh. So when I said you were being spazzy and hyperbolic I was right. Thanks. White flag noted.

This argument is going nowhere. I'm willing to be patient with CJ and you're not. That's fine. Moving on.

So let's just assume for a moment that Richard's out for another month. What would the impact be on the team? My biggest concern is that we're forced to overuse the rest of the line and they start to wear down and risk injuries themselves.

Nobody? Nobody wants to talk about the potential significance of Seymour's absence rather than turning this into yet another Chad Jackson slugfest?

Nobody? Nobody wants to talk about the potential significance of Seymour's absence rather than turning this into yet another Chad Jackson slugfest?

Im concerned about big Sey. Since he got the green he has been different.

Is everyone surprised by this ? It's what I thought I'd been hearing all along. It's not surprising from the little chatter I've heard from various sources (just media stuff, no inside sources or anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back