PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: Seymour may be a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of the like the excuses you make for chad jackson

I make excuses for Chad Jackson? Really? Like what? That he tore his ACL?

Kind of the like the excuses you make for Chad Jackson and Maroney? You call me negative , yet all you do is defend every player on the team no matter the circumstance.

It could never be a patriot would maybe milk and injury! No never!

I don't defend every player on the team. I defend sanity. I don't think there's any basis for believing Richard Seymour is milking his injury. That makes NO SENSE.

Last edited:
I make excuses for Chad Jackson? Really? Like what? That he tore his ACL?

Here I will post what I normally do. Chad Jackson is injury proned. He seems to have a questionable work ethic, and has done absolutely nothing for this team. I suspect it will take him at least a year to make any impact if he ever does.

Maroney is a great player but has proven to be injury prone. He is hurt way to much for his age and the amount of times he carries the ball. I fear he will be this way for his entire career.

Why does Seymour milking an injury make no sense? He gets his money. Since he got his money things have changed a bit.

Last edited:
the patriots seem too tight lipped about injurys to let something like this come out.

Just after the Browns game reporters asked AD about his leg and what was injured and he said You need to ask the coach about that.

My guess is tomase is using his jump to conclusions mat.

I would like him back, in this order:
A) Healthy
B) Against the Colts, week 9

Unfortunately I agree 100%..:(

So do I. It would not surprise me to learn that $eemour decided, after BB chose not to start him the game following his father's funeral in SC, that money was to be his first and last consideration going forward, and that returning from injury ASAP, for the good of the team, would never happen again once he received his next contract. And speaking of next contract, it was $eemour's threats of holdout, to which the FO caved, that provided encouragement, and precedent, to the likes of Meion.

Are the NEP a better team with $eemour on the field? Absolutely.
Is he "perhaps the best DLman in football"? Please. He's not even the best DLman on his team.
Are they a worse team without him and his salary cap hit? It will depend on what the FO does with the $$ previously earmaked for him.

So do I. It would not surprise me to learn that $eemour decided, after BB chose not to start him the game following his father's funeral in SC, that money was to be his first and last consideration going forward, and that returning from injury ASAP, for the good of the team, would never happen again once he received his next contract. And speaking of next contract, it was $eemour's threats of holdout, to which the FO caved, that provided encouragement, and precedent, to the likes of Meion.

Is he "perhaps the best DLman in football"? Please. He's not even the best DLman on his team.
Are they a worse team without him and his salary cap hit? It will depend on what the FO does with the $$ previously earmaked for him.

Good post.

My guess is tomase is using his jump to conclusions mat.

We'll see soon enough, but Tomase says he's basing this conclusion on an actual conversation with Seymour. As far as I know, the only basis for the belief that he'll be back immediately is hope.

So let's just assume for a moment that Richard's out for another month. What would the impact be on the team? My biggest concern is that we're forced to overuse the rest of the line and they start to wear down and risk injuries themselves.

Here I will post what I normally do. Chad Jackson is injury proned. He seems to have a questionable work ethic, and has done absolutely nothing for this team. I suspect it will take him at least a year to make any impact if he ever does.

Maroney is a great player but has proven to be injury prone. He is hurt way to much for his age and the amount of times he carries the ball. I fear he will be this way for his entire career.

Why does seymour milking an injury make no sense. He gets his money. Since he got his money things have changed a bit.

My problem with your posts, Danny, (besides injury "PRONED," I mean) is that they make no effort at a tempered viewpoint. Chad Jackson has been a disappointment, I don't think anyone's arguing otherwise. But there are those of us who point out, quite rightly, that there are numerous NFL players (many of them WRs) who take longer to develop than one or two years. Deion Branch is one of the exceptions. I also think it's over-the-top and indefensible and rather childish to run toward the idea that he's "done nothing." MY argument is that he's done less than expected but done a little something. He did have 3 TDs as a rookie. YOUR argument is that he has literally contributed and shown ZERO here. That's flatly false and, as you and EVERYONE ELSE can now see, a stupid thing to argue. Baseless.

As for Maroney, my only argument on his behalf has been that, while his injuries have been troubling, the team's behavior suggests he's not all that hurt, but that they have the luxury of being extra-cautious. Were Maroney in dire shape, there's no way he would've made the cross-country trip to Cincy. The Pats play mind-games with the roster/actives, but they rarely, if ever, actually FLY a guy out who doesn't have a pretty good chance at seeing action. This tells me, and anyone else with a brain and without a heels-dug-in agenda, that Maroney was indeed a game-time decision, which further tells me that he isn't all that hurt. Sammy Morris is looking capable, Cincy (and Cleveland) doesn't play a D where we "need" Maroney so badly that we'd risk aggravating what is, at this point, a not all that serious injury.

Now. You asked me to argue those points, and I did so, son. I have kicked your ass in front of the board because MY arguments are based on something more than wild flailing, whereas YOURS are based on attitude and frustration. Next time think twice - actually, make it three times. Your slow-on-the-uptake meter can use all the help it can get.

Now go get your shinebox.

3...2...1... we should trade Seymour. I can hear it now, look at his stats, he's not even in the top of the best linemen. Yada, yada, yada. Because he's not on the field, and there is speculation that he will not be activated after week 6, he becomes a malcontent or lazy. Hey why not, since Asante is making picks someone has to be the whipping boy.

I don't know what to say. I guess just try watching football. No one on this team or in this organization has ever had a problem, not a PEEP, about Seymour or his attitude or his work ethic. But now, because a handful of "fans" are frustrated that he's coming back from injury later than their little hearts had hoped, he's dogging it. He's no longer an elite DL.

I guess we'll just ignore all the players and coaches around the league who consider him the ONE guy on the Pats defense that they have to gameplan for, that they are forced to double- and triple-team. It's all just B.S. Reporters are making that up, creating quotes out of whole-cloth. Unbelievable.

Guys, I know you're desperate to be right about this, and I know it makes you upset not to see #93 on the field, but feel free to rechannel your frustration elsewhere - maybe someplace where TRUTH matters.

3...2...1... we should trade Seymour. I can hear it now, look at his stats, he's not even in the top of the best linemen. Yada, yada, yada. Because he's not on the field, and there is speculation that he will not be activated after week 6, he becomes a malcontent or lazy. Hey why not, since Asante is making picks someone has to be the whipping boy.

Exactly. And after the "Trade Seymour" chorus starts, cue the "you guys are being homers by defending Richard Seymour!" bandwagon. Delusional to the point of jet messageboard-dom.

My problem with your posts, Danny, (besides injury "PRONED," I mean) is that they make no effort at a tempered viewpoint. Chad Jackson has been a disappointment, I don't think anyone's arguing otherwise. But there are those of us who point out, quite rightly, that there are numerous NFL players (many of them WRs) who take longer to develop than one or two years. Deion Branch is one of the exceptions. I also think it's over-the-top and indefensible and rather childish to run toward the idea that he's "done nothing." MY argument is that he's done less than expected but done a little something. He did have 3 TDs as a rookie. YOUR argument is that he has literally contributed and shown ZERO here. That's flatly false and, as you and EVERYONE ELSE can now see, a stupid thing to argue. Baseless.

Three td's!!? This is a high second round draft pick with big time expectations. My argument is that the kid has done pretty much nothing since he has been in NE. To develope one must actually know the playbook. At least grasp it. Pretty ob Chad does nto grasp the playbook, and is not the hardest worker. I think he is hurt to much and has contributed zero in the grand scheme of things.

As for Maroney, my only argument on his behalf has been that, while his injuries have been troubling, the team's behavior suggests he's not all that hurt, but that they have the luxury of being extra-cautious. Were Maroney in dire shape, there's no way he would've made the cross-country trip to Cincy. The Pats play mind-games with the roster/actives, but they rarely, if ever, actually FLY a guy out who doesn't have a pretty good chance at seeing action. This tells me, and anyone else with a brain and without a heels-dug-in agenda, that Maroney was indeed a game-time decision, which further tells me that he isn't all that hurt. Sammy Morris is looking capable, Cincy (and Cleveland) doesn't play a D where we "need" Maroney so badly that we'd risk aggravating what is, at this point, a not all that serious injury.

The facts are this. Maroney is a young back with big time expectations. He does not carry the ball that much. When he does he gets hurt. He is hurt to much. Way to much. I love the kids talent. Love it. Nuff said.

Now. You asked me to argue those points, and I did so, son. I have kicked your ass in front of the board because MY arguments are based on something more than wild flailing, whereas YOURS are based on attitude and frustration. Next time think twice - actually, make it three times. Your slow-on-the-uptake meter can use all the help it can get.

Your arguments are based more on speculation then anything else.
Now go get your shinebox.

Last edited:

Actually, he is. Just because he's been injured through last season into this one doesn't change that fact.

And good god, this thread is like the twilight zone. More completely baseless speculation, and people acting like Seymour isn't an elite DE. Sometimes I think we need more sanity on this forum.

I think Seymour is BB's binky come one we all have one, he was BB's first pick in the first round as his remake of the Patriots began.
Seymour is a incredible athlete who has amazing technique, very long arms so he get's his hands on alot of balls, and wins battles with his knowledge of opponents more than his abilities.
BB said before he was the most impressive D lineman he ever coached and maybe had the chance to be the best player on defense ever!
Let's poke around at this one thing that stands out to me is before
warren got his new contract he was asked who was the strongest guy on the team and he said himself and the reporter asked about Seymour and he just basically said Richard isn't in the weight room that often.
When asked who was the fastest without hesitation he said Jarvis was and the reporter was again befuddled and said he thought it be Richard.
I know Seymour has a family and he's a devoted family man.
Could he really be this fragile with unfortunate injuries or is there something else has his devotion dropped a few pegs due to the money and the family and the fact he already has 3 rings.
Nobody here can deny that Richard has not been the same dominate force he was on the field the last 2 years we had witnessed beforehand.
I remember someone on this message board had said a few years back he never seen a lineman hustle to the ball like Seymour does.
What's happened to that is the competitive fire flailing down to a innocent spark or has injuries really been affecting his play?
Also does he have the respect of the whole defense or does Warren and some other guys think he's loafing it?
I hope he comes back and dominates that and with a fairly healthy roster we should blitz thru the playoff's.
As far as the Chad Jackson comments I'm driving his bandwagon thank you very much I really believe he will be a outstanding number 2 receiver to Moss's 1!
How many other teams can have that god given physical talent at both spots at receiver?

Last edited:
Danny, thanks for the bolded parts and making my point for me. Your over-the-top, hyperbole that Chad Jackson has done - QUOTE - "NOTHING" is wrong. I admit he's been a disappointment, and the injury sustained in the AFCCG is incredibly deflating, but I think 3 times as many TDs as Wes Welker had last year, even with the lack of action and receptions, constitutes "something" more than "nothing." I also think 1 1/2 seasons into a career is too early to write a guy off. Call me crazy.

Actually, he is. Just because he's been injured through last season into this one doesn't change that fact.

And good god, this thread is like the twilight zone. More completely baseless speculation, and people acting like Seymour isn't an elite DE. Sometimes I think we need more sanity on this forum.

He is not the the best dl men on the team at this point. Injurys = not being on the field. The greats stay healthy. I am not saying Seymour is not great, just saying.

You could say IF many guys could stay healthy they would be monsters. But they cant so they arent.

Rich needs to come back and get it going.

Danny, thanks for the bolded parts and making my point for me. Your over-the-top, hyperbole that Chad Jackson has done - QUOTE - "NOTHING" is wrong. I admit he's been a disappointment, and the injury sustained in the AFCCG is incredibly deflating, but I think 3 times as many TDs as Wes Welker had last year, even with the lack of action and receptions, constitutes "something" more than "nothing." I also think 1 1/2 seasons into a career is too early to write a guy off. Call me crazy.

You are comparing what Jackson was supposed to be for us to what welker is for us?

So we are expecting Chad to be a slot guy who gets first downs?

Where Jackson's td's negated by his own blown routes and dropped passes?

Last edited:
Let's do this. All of you who think Seymour is just a binky or a scrub or overrated or a dog or whatever, you bet the rest of us your membership here that he will - catastrophic injury aside - NEVER AGAIN make a Pro Bowl. Or make All-Pro. Or be gameplanned for. Or double- or triple-teamed. If you're right, I'll leave forever. Deal?

He is not the the best dl men on the team at this point. Injurys = not being on the field. The greats stay healthy.

Gale Sayers says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back