PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: Pats will try to limit Moss' reps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "The Pats will try to limit Moss' reps"

Never heard of the guy who wrote the article - wouldn't really look into this.

Re: "The Pats will try to limit Moss' reps"

That article was another kick to the groin of Pats fans - why would we want the main Patriots article of the week (Sunday in an offseason) to be about the Colts ?

Hey tomASSe - you know - f*ck you.

rip down that tomase poster on your bedroom wall

Tomase is an ass who has had all ties to the Pats cut. What teams limit the snaps of their #1 wide out? Maybe they will cut down on the fly routes and work him with different routes, but the best players play, period.

Tomase is reaching, and merely sharing his opinions. Hey, Tomase, in case you need a couple more:

1. C. Jackson will capture the #2 spot.
2. S. Morris will rush for 1000 yards.
3. Dave Thomas will push Watson for the #1 TE position.
4. Welker will catch 120 balls.
5. Seymour will re-emerge.

Discrediting Tomase aside, resting Moss more is actually a pretty good idea. Obviously, your playmaker should be in more snaps than other skill position players, but Moss didnt just lead WRs and RBs in snaps, he led by A LOT.I dont have the numbers in front of me, but I think Moss was right under 90% of snaps and Welker was a distant 2nd in the low 70s. The difference becomes more substantial when you consider that many of Moss is routes consist of deep patterns where he runs at least 20 yards, even as a decoy. He had high snaps last year, by any standards, even for a #1. Because of his immense ability to completely change the dynamic of an offense, you can't afford to rest him much, but lowering his snaps to about 80% is reasonable, and should be more benficial than costly long term.

Just what I said 2 wks ago----

3/26/08
Default Re: Will our offense be better this season than last?
IMO, the trick to the offense improving is not utilizing Moss more, but less. CJ will need to step up and stretch the field 25% of the time. Moss was in more plays than any player than Brady last year. His diminished production in the post-season was just as much caused by him wearing down as by defenses scheming against him. While the role of down-field threat is a crucial prescence, Moss can't be the only one expected to provide it and remain effective through a long season. Having Moss mentor CJ as they play the same DB's won't be a bad theing, either.

Last edited:
It's stupid to worry about these things - with Jabbar Gaffney lining up on the opposite side of the field, defenses won't be able to double or triple cover Moss for fear of Gaffney beating them deep.

Also - there's no reason for McDaniels to change how he used his receivers last year. We had the friggen #1 offense in the league last year - you can't improve on that.

16-0.

Need anyone say anymore?

Last edited:
If Chad Jackson can stay healthy Moss won't have to play so much. Jackson can be the deep decoy when a decoy is needed.

If Chad Jackson can stay healthy Moss won't have to play so much. Jackson can be the deep decoy when a decoy is needed.

I think they have to throw to him before that will happen - and he has to catch a few as well.

But its just a myth that the Patriots deep game was overly focused on Moss anyway. I'm expecting more throws to Moss, not less given the statistics that prove this entire concept that the Patriots had an offense focused on Moss as factually incorrect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey