PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: Maroney has a knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna panick yet but I am concerned for sure.

Read that, my guess is we will not know how bad until late next week, when the famous injury report comes out. Other than that it is just speculation, but then again after the injury report it will be speculation anyways.

I hate to say this, but if true and likely to keep Maroney off the field for anything more than a couple of weeks it makes a successful resolution to the Branch problem essential.

Maybe they are just taking sensible precautions with him, but I'm beginning to have a bad feeling about this.

I'm concerned by this but not overly so. BB has seen what he can do. He injures his leg in a preseason game, BB holds him out. A short week of practice before the final exhibition game does not give him the normal weekly recovery schedule. BB holds him out knowing he now has ten days before the real thing. If he is not practicing next Wednesday or Thursday, then I'll worry.

BradfordPatsFan said:
I'm concerned by this but not overly so. BB has seen what he can do. He injures his leg in a preseason game, BB holds him out. A short week of practice before the final exhibition game does not give him the normal weekly recovery schedule. BB holds him out knowing he now has ten days before the real thing. If he is not practicing next Wednesday or Thursday, then I'll worry.

I'm with you on this.

Well this totally sucks.

It begins again. This time not even waiting for game 2

If anyone has a tape of the skins game and can see how Maroney leaves the field that would be some good info.

Tomase was the one who broke Teddies injury if I'm not mistaken!

Last edited:
Actually, Pioli said some people will be put on IR.

I will straight up vomit if one is Maroney (or Jackson)

As per the article-
" The Patriots aren’t sure of the severity of the injury and it’s unknown if his status will be affected for the opener next weekend against Buffalo. "
Surely the patriots told tomase this. !
i wouldnt speculate much into what these guys say ..it may or may not be true but in true BB words "it is what it is"

Oh, man, here we go...

Did Kraft put a hex on the team when he said last week, "it all comes down to injuries"? I know I winced when I heard him say it.

For anyone that was in the chatroom last night: Maybe we should HEW him instead of hexing him. :/

Someone must have the tape? Can we see pictures of his legs on his last carry? Anyone?

Wasn't his last carry his TD run?

Also, I remember not being concerned about him not returning because in the 2nd half of the game he was on the sidelines in uniform.

I thought his last run was the TD, too. But, according to Tomase,

"It is believed that Maroney was hurt early in last Saturday’s victory over the Washington Redskins at Gillette Stadium. He carried on three straight plays in the first quarter, losing 2 yards off left tackle on his final run. He didn’t appear the rest of the game and then didn’t practice all week."

Last edited:
He is correct:

1-10-NE36 (3:07) L.Maroney left tackle to NE 40 for 4 yards (R.McIntosh).
2-6-NE40 (2:34) L.Maroney up the middle to NE 45 for 5 yards (K.Golston, R.Wynn).
3-1-NE45 (2:05) L.Maroney left tackle to NE 43 for -2 yards (W.Holdman, A.Montgomery).

This whole thing on Offense is just starting to piss me off. I have known all week the guy had to be hurt..........When he left that game Early...No Practice all week and then last night. Everyone kept saying oh ...There just resting him!!!Well now we hear this and don't know how bad it us......Don't really know if Chad Jackson will ever see the field also...I mean come on....Please let this not be another season where we are waiting until the 2nd half of the season to get all our guys on the field!!!!

Last edited:
SCPatBoy said:
This whole thing on Offense is just starting to piss me off. I have known all week the guy had to be hurt..........When he left that game Early...No Practice all week and then last night. Everyone kept saying oh ...There just resting him!!!Well now we hear this and don't know how bad it us......Don't really know if Chad Jackson will ever see the field also...I mean come on....Please let this not be another season where we are waiting until the 2nd half of the season to get all our guys on the field!!!!

It is discouraging, but lets keep in mind that it could be a bruise, it could be ANYTHING so it's really fruitless to worry since we're never going to know anything until we see the guys on the field.

I just re-watched it: Maroney's last running play came at the end of the first quarter. He was gang tackled for a loss and walked off the field normally (no limp, nothing). In fact he popped up his helmet and immediately talked with Coach Fears.

While I realize this might be an issue, you guys are acting like he's out 6 weeks for sure. Tomase is full of inuendo and doesn't even say he thinks for sure he'll miss one game. I'm concerned but no more than that.

Murphys95 said:
I just re-watched it: Maroney's last running play came at the end of the first quarter. He was gang tackled for a loss and walked off the field normally (no limp, nothing). In fact he popped up his helmet and immediately talked with Coach Fears.

Well, at least something major didn't go unnoticed by all of us. Hopefully just a bruise. Thanks Murph!

Murphys95 said:
Keep in mind Tomase says he lost two on his final run not his final play, I guess it's possible he went back in and got hurt on pass protection or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes