PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase knocks one out of the park...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=156298&format=&page=1

As I've been wont to say as of late, some of you are a little too harsh on Tomase. He does not deserve the title of "hater" that guys like Felger and Borges have earned. He sometimes says stuff we flat out don't agree with, but other times it's just stuff we don't want to hear or acknowledge. This is one of the best articles I've read in awhile - great premise, great execution and a great read.

bump bump bump

Thanks for posting; very good article.

patsox23 said:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=156298&format=&page=1

As I've been wont to say as of late, some of you are a little too harsh on Tomase. He does not deserve the title of "hater" that guys like Felger and Borges have earned. He sometimes says stuff we flat out don't agree with, but other times it's just stuff we don't want to hear or acknowledge. This is one of the best articles I've read in awhile - great premise, great execution and a great read.

Damn Nice read Patssox,Thanks!.Nice comments by our man Troy.

Very nice piece. I e-mailed the link to Borges.

Good read. It's interesting to not only look at the leaders who have left but also the guys who will replace them.

Has he ever written an article that didn't, in one way or another, make reference to the Red Sox?

Other than that, nice article.

Nice article, I agree completely as much as the national media bemoans our loss of the McGinnest's, Vinateri's, Milloy et al and how they cannot be replaced... it is nice to see that one of our locals understands the dynamics of this team.

Good read. If Tomase can continue to dig and get background information into his articles, he'll gain more respect from his readers. It's good to keep in mind that he's fairly new to this beat and Foxboro is a tough nut to crack.

Willie55 said:
Has he ever written an article that didn't, in one way or another, make reference to the Red Sox?

Other than that, nice article.

Whenever Tomase references the RedSox in Patriots articles, it clearly shows what he would rather be doing and probably is a sub-conscious reflection of that desire.

Using the Red Sox as an example of leadership and chemistry while discussing the Patriots, is ridiculous, and is the equivalent of comparing a child building a sand castle to an Architect on the topic of structural stability.

Last edited:
It was a good article, but it felt like bits and pieces were lifted from stories I'd read before, particularly the quote from Lonnie about Brady. That happens though, I guess. Good read.

That was an excellent piece. I was particularly interested in the emphasis on Koppen...anybody else think that he would already have an extension in place if it weren't for his injury? IF he can come back strong, he's the cornerstone of a long-term young, talented, cohesive OL. Knowing that he's a good clubhouse influence makes it all the more important.

Decent work by Tomase but he stumbles badly in the Maroney article today with this statement-
" For the first time since Craig James galloped through town 20 years ago, the Patriots boast an honest-to-goodness thoroughbred at running back."

Ah, John, how about that HOF'er Curtis Martin? What's amazing is that none of the sports editors caught this glaring oversight either.

Last edited:
patchick said:
That was an excellent piece. I was particularly interested in the emphasis on Koppen...anybody else think that he would already have an extension in place if it weren't for his injury? IF he can come back strong, he's the cornerstone of a long-term young, talented, cohesive OL. Knowing that he's a good clubhouse influence makes it all the more important.
Yup, I was getting O-line goosebumps reading Koppen items in the piece! Good article Tomase, thanks for posting ps23!

Mmm ... a hard-core veteran whom any younger guy would pay attention to if he gives you a hard stare?

Step up, Mr Corey Dillon!

mcdonut16 said:
Whenever Tomase references the RedSox in Patriots articles, it clearly shows what he would rather be doing and probably is a sub-conscious reflection of that desire.

Using the Red Sox as an example of leadership and chemistry while discussing the Patriots, is ridiculous, and is the equivalent of comparing a child building a sand castle to an Architect on the topic of structural stability.

While I agree with you on the analogy being ridiculous (and in fact also agree with your comparison), since the vast majority of Pats fans are Sox fans too, it's hardly a stretch that they'd be mentioned in the same article and few would have a problem with it.

Good article, btw.

Last edited:
mcdonut16 said:

I disagree. I think it ws simply using an apt parallel. I wouldn't read so much into it.

patsox23 said:
I disagree. I think it ws simply using an apt parallel. I wouldn't read so much into it.

Except it's Tomase, so I would totally read into it. Aside from that, the article didn't really say anything, except that some veteran leadership (which was a dubious claim at best - Willie was notorious as being a clique leader rather than a team leader, and Ty Law? The only thing he ever led was the front of the line to get his paycheck, if we're being honest here) had left, and needed to be replaced, then rattled off a list of names which could possibly replace said leaders, glossing over the completely obvious fact that Brady has been the leader of the team for a while now, long before many of those players departed (though it did at least present him as a vocal leader that could assume further responsibility - which seems a stretch, considering how big a role he already plays). It wasn't an awful article, but it's hardly something I would read and consider enlightening to any real degree. Maybe you should have titled it "Tomase hits a bloop single".

Last edited:
Whatever. If you're going to peddle the notion that all he did was throw out a list of names, then it kind of seems like you went into reading it with an agenda/chip on your shoulder. Respectfully, it doesn't serve your argument to be so over-the-top about it. I thought it was a terrific article. We'll agree to disagree, but let's at least be fair.

mcdonut16 said:

Why not give the guy a break. he wrote about the sox, that's a frame of reference and they are in the same town.

I think comparing the Pats design for leadership to the Sox accidental chemistry is a very valid point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes