PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase: Hobbs Has Broken Wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it might have been something like that..I fear his return may take longer..3-4 weeks or more depending on the break..a BAD break though..**HUGS**

Pats726 said:
I thought it might have been something like that..I fear his return may take longer..3-4 weeks or more depending on the break..a BAD break though..**HUGS**
Thankfully with the bye, one more missed game would get him close to that. Too bad but injuries happen and our backups seem up to the task.

Here's a link to Tomase's story :

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=160590

This is the most pertinent part :

"A source said Hobbs is expected to miss less than a month and that right now the team is weighing whether to take a chance with him Sunday against Miami or give him an extra week to heal with the bye on tap."

Last edited:
This isn't good news but the guys we have really proved themselves last week and they will only get better IMO. I hope Hobbs heals quick but this is not a dier situation.

Ah man, I hope he heals up soon. It was a good game against the Bengals, but I'd feel better with our best cornerback out on the field.

Damn that sucks. I think he is the best corner we have closely followed by Samuel. But hey if Scott and Poteat can play more like they did last week, I'm not worried.

BelichickFan said:

"A source said Hobbs is expected to miss less than a month and that right now the team is weighing whether to take a chance with him Sunday against Miami or give him an extra week to heal with the bye on tap."

With the way the defense performed against one of the best offenses in the league I think the Pats should keep him out against the Dolphins unless he is really ready to go. Miami always plays the team tough, but I think our game last week was a turning point in the season, it reminds the fans, media, and even the Pats themselves who they are. I don't think there is reason to push him back.

get back soon Hobbs. I like the guy, he can be a really good CB. Heal well and get back out there.

I'm going to indulge my pet peeve, and mention that Tomase broke the story 2 hours ago and Mike Reiss, who has 10x the access that Tomase does, has neither reported his own version of the story, or acknowledged that the story is even out there.

But you can be sure that, as soon as the Pats FO wants to release a statement, Mike will be happy to type it into his blog for them.

Sometimes I wonder if Reiss could tell you that the sky was blue, if it didn't say so in a Pats press release.

Isn't this the exact kind of situation BB had Wilson playing so much CB in camp for?

Keep Hawkins, who looked good last week, at S opposite Rodney, and put Wilson -- assuming he's ready to go -- at Corner, with Chad Scott the 5th DB.

Pat_Nasty said:
I'm going to indulge my pet peeve, and mention that Tomase broke the story 2 hours ago and Mike Reiss, who has 10x the access that Tomase does, has neither reported his own version of the story, or acknowledged that the story is even out there.

But you can be sure that, as soon as the Pats FO wants to release a statement, Mike will be happy to type it into his blog for them.

Sometimes I wonder if Reiss could tell you that the sky was blue, if it didn't say so in a Pats press release.

I noticed that about Reiss's blog, and thought it strange. He's usually on top of things like this before anyone else.

Pat_Nasty said:
Isn't this the exact kind of situation BB had Wilson playing so much CB in camp for?

Keep Hawkins, who looked good last week, at S opposite Rodney, and put Wilson -- assuming he's ready to go -- at Corner, with Chad Scott the 5th DB.

Yes, you're right, this would be the best solution.

What's the need to rush him when we have Culpepper on tap? Our defense will not exactly need to be at championship level this week. So long as our offense doesn't lay an egg, we should be fine.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:

Culpepper sucks. Keep him out this week. That coupled with the bye he will have had three weeks to heal.

Pat_Nasty said:

Perfectly good option, I kind of like the physical Scott on the physical Chambers and Booker, though. As they're big and strong and not overly quick I think Scott matches up well in this game.

Brownfan80 said:
I noticed that about Reiss's blog, and thought it strange. He's usually on top of things like this before anyone else.

Things like this? You mean, like Bruschi's broken wrist, that Tomase had been writing about for a week before Reiss did anything but quote BB as saying it was "sore?"

Sorry, but Reiss is NEVER on top of things like this before anyone else. He'll be the first guy to know which players have been upgraded or downgraded on the injury report, which guys did or didn't make the trip, and which guys have been deactivated before each game -- because the Pats FO releases these things to him early.

By giving Reiss priveledged access to the team and team information, the Pats set him up as the go-to authoritative source for Pats news. In return, Reiss pretty much never reports anything before the Pats' FO wants him to, and he almost always gives everything a franchise-friendly spin, so the team gets to control the news.

It's a shame, because Reiss is a good writer and a smart guy -- he's just pretty much entirely sold out, and is more a shill than a reporter.

BelichickFan said:
Perfectly good option, I kind of like the physical Scott on the physical Chambers and Booker, though. As they're big and strong and not overly quick I think Scott matches up well in this game.

Wilson may not have great size, but he plays very physically, so I think he'll match up fine.

I'd be concerned about starting Scott two games straight -- he's thirty two, and hasn't been able to stay healthy the last two seasons. We really can't lose another dback.

Sit Hobs down for the Miami game. We'll need him for the Bills game after the bye. The Bills wideouts are very fast and quick. We'll need Hobbs' skills to counter these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back