PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase era over? Herald posts Patriots beat position for hire [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Just posted on Journalism Jobs:

The Boston Herald, the authority of hard-hitting sports coverage and analysis in Boston, is seeking an experienced NFL reporter to cover the New England Patriots. Candidates should have at least five years of experience covering professional sports in a competitive market and should have enough NFL contacts to be able to impactfully deliver local and national stories, produce a weekly NFL notebook and blog on the newspaper's Web site. Please send resumes, clips and references to Sports Editor Hank Hryniewicz at [email protected] and Deputy Sports Editor Mark Murphy at [email protected]. The Herald is an EOE.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=953437

Let's see who takes this beat.

Last edited:
Re: Thomase Era Over?

Also for any aspiring sports guys (with a decent amount of experience), this is a pretty good beat.

Re: Thomase Era Over!

can they sign breer again ?

Herald hasn't had a non AP Patriots story in days (just looked now because of this thread). So maybe this isn't a false hope :rocker:

Oh, if only I had least five years of experience covering professional sports in a competitive market and should have enough NFL contacts to be able to impactfully deliver local and national stories, produce a weekly NFL notebook and blog on the newspaper's Web site, then this job would be mine! :D

Just posted on Journalism Jobs:

The Boston Herald, the authority of hard-hitting sports coverage and analysis in Boston, is seeking an experienced NFL reporter to cover the New England Patriots. Candidates should have at least five years of experience covering professional sports in a competitive market and should have enough NFL contacts to be able to impactfully deliver local and national stories, produce a weekly NFL notebook and blog on the newspaper's Web site. Please send resumes, clips and references to Sports Editor Hank Hryniewicz at [email protected] and Deputy Sports Editor Mark Murphy at [email protected]. The Herald is an EOE.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=953437

Let's see who takes this beat.

"Re: Thomase Era Over!"

Why are YOU so excited?

You were the one promoting and defending him here for months.

Last edited:

"Re: Thomase Era Over!"

Why are YOU so excited?

You were the one promoting and defending him here for months.

... to get some actual dialogue going about the issue.

All those "Thomase is a poo-poo head who eats donuts all day instead of checking his facts ..." type of comments made us all look like a bunch of whiney little girls. And a bunch of poo-poo heads. :D

I want to know the circumstances. Something is up. Hopefully, BSMW will have something about this. My guess is that Tomase realized that things were stacked against him being able to do business as usual following the walk-through story fiasco. Tough time for a newcomer to come in and get acclimated. But good riddance to Tomase, who should've been fired (or had the balls to quit) months ago.

Last edited:

If the Herald is a step up from the PoJo, Shalise Young would be perfect.

These days I don't think it is.

We sure its not Felger since he is no longer at the Herald

We sure its not Felger since he is no longer at the Herald

That's what I was thinking - how do we know this isn't an advertisement to replace Felger?

That's what I was thinking - how do we know this isn't an advertisement to replace Felger?

Felger didn't do the blog, did he?

Felger didn't do the blog, did he?

No, but they may be looking for someone to replace Felger & share the blog w/ Loserboy (since he has no team access).

Hmmm...based on the new hire, I might have to reconsider my decision not to visit this rag's website.

Let's see. Too early to speculate. :snob:

Re: Thomase Era Over?

Hmmmm..I agree I would hope BSMW would have the story...see how it develops..maybe time for a fresh face from out of state...

... to get some actual dialogue going about the issue.

All those "Thomase is a poo-poo head who eats donuts all day instead of checking his facts ..." type of comments made us all look like a bunch of whiney little girls. And a bunch of poo-poo heads. :D

Correction: That would be EMPLOYED poo-poo heads! :D

Correction: That would be EMPLOYED poo-poo heads! :D

I'm sure he'll land somewhere, if he indeed is gone. He'll be a star at the Martha's Vineyards Times.

It's not.

SMY is worthy of better jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes