PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase adds an addendum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wins: The Herald, everyone keeps talking about them, and keeps going to their site.

Nice short-term perspective.

Let's see how they do on this in the larger (more important) battle.

I accept his apology. However, that doesn't mean he and his editors still don't need to feel the reprucusions of their gross negligence. Fines, suspensions, terminations, something. There needs to be some punishment dolled out by the Herald to prove they are serious about the integrity of their newspaper.

Maybe donate $10Mill to the charity of Krafts choice?

He and Herald Management had more than TWO DAYS to write the explanation piece and they needed to be further shamed into writing an apology addendum by the resultant firestorm of the public?

Shouldn't that have been the FIRST thing written in his "explanation" piece?????

My God, it's true - - - the Herald IS where all the high school dropouts get jobs from their politically connected Uncles.

I know there are alot of people saying they will never read the Herald because of this story, but I can't imagine spending one moment of my day caring to read ANYTHING by people who need diagrams to tie their own shoe laces.
Tomase didn't get the SB video story right the first time and he didn't get the explanation and apology right the first time. He had to be told to appologize to the parties, because he didn't do it the first runaround. The herald is in disarray and turmoil from the editors to the writers, the house of cards are about to fall. They still don't get it, but they will, the hard way.

Tomass-hole, I don't accept, now GFY.

F him...he should have said that in the first place. My boycott will continue. This RAG OF A NEWSPAPER has been doing this type of reporting for a long time. They HAVE ZERO CREDIBILITY with me. Apology or no apology.

Last edited:
Maybe donate $10Mill to the charity of Krafts choice?

No. It needs to be a punishment of those responsibile in the process. They basically need be made an example of so that other reports realize the consquenses of their actions? What does this whole event show their colleagues? Go for the big story whether you have the solid source or not. If your right, you make the big time. If your wrong, you issue an apology and move to a different beat.

What's the over/under on Tomase getting punched by Pats players he's going to personally apoligize to? He better be doing the apologies by phone because I wouldn't want to get a guy like Richard Seymour pissed off at me. :D

"Reader reaction has been strong to today’s explanation of where we went wrong with our Rams walkthrough"...J Tomasse

It sounds to me that they tried to run the first so called apology which really was an (excuse not an apology) and the public wasn't buying it. So JT had to come back with a second. The Herald doesn't seem to want to (OWN) its mistake. They keep trying to play it as not being the big deal that (we the fans) are making it out to be.

Last edited:
"Reader reaction has been strong to today’s explanation of where we went wrong with our Rams walkthrough"...J Tomasse

It sounds to me that they tried to run the first so called apology which really was an (excuse not an apology) and the public wasn't buying it. So JT had to come back with a second. The Herald doesn't seem to want to (OWN) its mistake. They keep trying to play it as not being the big deal that (we the fans) are making it out to be.

Let's not forget that they think we are nothing but middle aged men with jersies. I take exception to that comment by the way. :rolleyes:

Nice short-term perspective.

Let's see how they do on this in the larger (more important) battle.

Life is pretty simple...people try to make it complicated

What we do for a living, what we own, how we look, how wealthy we are, the things we achieve...NONE of these have a thing to do with WHO WE ARE.

We are defined by the values and morals that guide the decisions we make and the actions we take...nothing else

I can be a Nobel prize winner who discovers a cure for cancer, but if I live a life guided by poor values & morals, I haven't achieved anything and I will have no self-respect.

Tomasse "wants" to believe he's still a good man, but inside he knows he traded his values for recognition. That doesn't make him evil, but he has a long way to go to rebuild himself & his reputation.

I know...thank you Dr Phil!;)

Well, in the grand scheme of press f*ck ups......

Is this one worse than the initial press reports regarding Jessica Lynch's rescue. That one missed the mark big time.

Fox's beating the war drums regarding our invasion of Iraq.

Fox's current beating of the war drums regarding why we should invade Iran.

As press screw ups go, this one is minor. And it effected a sport, not national security.

This is not a sports story! This is a story about the journalistic process of vetting an important, controversial story by a major news outlet. Basically, a reporter published a story based on nothing but rumor and innuendo and the newspaper is fine with that process! This isn't getting a fact wrong. This is basically saying that you should have no faith in ANYTHING we print.

I'm certainly no fan of the Herald, but I'm impressed any time someone owns up to their mistakes and the publication prints it. Far too few media outlets ever admit they were wrong, and the Herald's front page apology yesterday was truly impressive. I think they will do a much better job vetting stories, especially negative stories, in the future.

What was Tomase's thoughts as he typed out this mornings article. I think I've covered everything, no source- ok, I skrewed up-ok, cameras in position before walk-thru- ok. Yea, I think that pretty much covers it.

Whoops, must have slipped my mind, an apology.

Let's not forget that they think we are nothing but middle aged men with jersies. I take exception to that comment by the way. :rolleyes:
I have NO idea what the Herald is trying to accomplish by all the trashing of the fans and the team. There's no logic in antagonizing the Pats or the fans any further.What's it going to get them? They may catch a lawsuit,and diminish they're circulation by keeping this up. :confused:

This just underscores how self absorbed and delusional this arrogant tub of goo remains. He believes he CAN just move on because in Tomase-world his capacity to do that is not impacted by what he did. And as the cherry on the top of his desert sundae, he apoplogizes not in the paper that is delivered to Bob Krafts door - but in an addendum on a blog he assumes those dumbstruck by his lack of an apology in his much anticipated explanation actually will see...

The reason our prisons are overflowing is because some individuals simply cannot be rehabilitated. Integrity is something you are either born with or you will never have any.

I'm certainly no fan of the Herald, but I'm impressed any time someone owns up to their mistakes and the publication prints it. Far too few media outlets ever admit they were wrong, and the Herald's front page apology yesterday was truly impressive. I think they will do a much better job vetting stories, especially negative stories, in the future.

Really, why do you think that? What has the Herald possibly done to show you this is the case. Zero fines, zero suspensions, zero terminations. Are you telling me every reporter isn't going to run with the big story at the risk of a public apology? They are basically encouraging more of the same.

I'd love to be there when Tomase personally apologizes to BB.

Tomase: "Bill, I'm deeply sorry"

Belichick: "Go **** yourself."

Wow. A gigantic group of people with absolutely no perspective, no grace and no class. The guy offers up a comprehensive explanation whose very core is infused with apology and regret. He then adds an addendum where he uses words like "sorry" and "apology" and "regret" and NOTHING matters.

I'm not saying that just makes it all okay, it all goes away. But a measure of compassion and taking a freakin' BREATH wouldn't be completely out of line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes