Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tomase 7/28 notes

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsox23, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2008
  2. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Re: TE notes on practice...

Interesting about Pollard. I always hated him with the Colts, mostly for his "give us the rings now" comment, but he seems like an interesting guy. Hopefully he can actually be a TE who doesn't get hurt AND can catch a pass for us, something we don't have right now.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2008
  3. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

That would be nice. Dave Thomas is intriguing but leaving the field today is vexing. Ditto (times ten) for Benjamin Watson. Only problem is, the one way Pollard really fits on this team is if either of them gets hurt. He's just like them - all catch, no block. (That's simplfying, but still.)
  4. bradmahn

bradmahn Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Not to mention, Wrong.

Both are better blockers than Pollard and Watson is better now than he was two years ago, when your assessment would have been right. His forte is obviously the passing game but he isn't a liability against the run and does have some value there.
  5. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think it would be a stretch to consider either Thomas or Watson as blockers before pass catchers. Watson's blocking has improved immensely, but neither of them will ever be a block-first TE in the Daniel Graham mold. I agree they both can block, but I think it's legitimate to say they are both catch-first TEs, or at least they will catch first in an ideal situation.
  6. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

Setting aside your Jr. High School Girl tone, I think it's disingenuous for you to suggest that I was even making an either/or comparison - ALL of these guys are pass-catching TEs, not blockers. Period.

Furthermore, back to the snarky "Not to mention, Wrong." Kindly sit on it, Fonzi.
  7. bradmahn

bradmahn Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

"[A]ll catch, no block." That's wrong. Sorry if I offended your oh-so sensitive feelings by pointing out something that was indeed incorrect. :rolleyes:
  8. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

David Thomas injured? I don't believe it.

(Get it, there's like 4 jokes tied into that comment......):D
  9. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

If you're going to call me out on being oversensitive, I guess I'll have to call you out on being a totally dishonest poster. The quote was "all catch, no block. (That's simplfying, but still.)" So way to be scummy by not including the entire quote, leaving off the qualifier. Cool move.

And besides that, ALL of those guys are absolutely and without question pass-catching TEs, as opposed to blocking TEs. Or are you now going to make the totally feeble argument that I meant it LITERALLY - that they actually do "no" blocking, as in ZERO? Is that your position? That they NEVER block. I didn't even mention "running," are you trying to tell us that they also don't run routes? What about breathing? Do they BREATHE?

Don't mess with the bull, missy. You get the horns.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.