PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Martinez,the Quarterback Whisperer of Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Brady still listens to QB whisperer - AFC East Blog - ESPN

Great story of Brady and his off the field QB coach,some things we don't hear about much from the media or the team when it comes to the past and present success of our future HOF QB...

Isn't this line more-or-less a damning indictment (not of Brady, of course :))?

He worked with JaMarcus Russell before the Raiders drafted the Louisiana State rocket-launcher first overall in 2007. The Raiders released Russell this spring. Russell has requested Martinez coach him up again in hopes of getting another shot.

Jamarcus has nowhere to go but up,Martinez could only help his future in the NFL if he reunites back with him.

I listened to Martinez on some football podcast and he talked about Jamarcus and how he only got the chance to work with him a few months to prepare for the draft.

From what I've read, he specializes in mechanics, and Jamarcus has never had a problem throwing the ball. It's what goes on between the ears that is his major problem.

Martinez also confirmed that Brady played with a broken finger and broken ribs last season. Hopefully the line can keep him healthy this season.

Damn, if you paid any attention to the media, you woulda thunk that Tom Brady only ever spent time with his super model wife, not go out of his way to improve his throwing motion! ;)

Damn, if you paid any attention to the media, you woulda thunk that Tom Brady only ever spent time with his super model wife, not go out of his way to improve his throwing motion! ;)

Chris Price adds some more details:

Head coach, offensive coordinators and quarterbacks coaches have come and gone, but Martinez remains a professional constant in Brady’s life. He said he will continue to work with Brady — in fact, he said the two have a session planned for this weekend in Los Angeles with wide receiver Wes Welker — and remains dedicated to helping Brady succeed.

I'm sure that between Sciz's reply and that comment, there's a joke there, somewhere, but I'll let others find that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes