PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Jackson "I picked the Pats big only to motivate the Jets"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might as well have made it up

You can't just guess

that doesn't mean you can just make up a numbers

I would say 25-30

Compared to the first three lines, the 4th is extremely ironic.

ESPN should be embarrassed that one of their senior NFL analysts stoops down to such childish remarks.

he's a hater.....and he should be fired

Still butthurt over the **** you Belichick gave him after the 2nd superbowl when Jackson said the team hates Belichick.

Compared to the first three lines, the 4th is extremely ironic.

So you can chop my words up and make them look bad???
Originally Posted by Ilikehappyppl
You might as well have made it up

You can't just guess

that doesn't mean you can just make up a numbers

I would say 25-30

Dude, I said it was a guess I was not trying to pass it off as fact....Tool :rolleyes:

You might as well have made it up, you used the worst place to get information....and no there are not a gazillion different sources saying diffrent things, there is one place saying one thing and everyone else saying the same thing.

You can't just guess and use it as fact(wikipedia), so sacks where not counted before 1982, that doesn't mean you can just make up a numbers.... I will be nice and say even if he did have 40 sacks(which he didn't I would say 25-30), he's still mediocre

See how much different that sounds compared too what you chopped up and typed/paste out? lol....

Last edited:

I'm not sure how you list 9 names and call that an argument.
I guess you have a bias because of his antiPatriot attitude as an analysts, but in the 70s and 80s Jackson was a good LB. Ordinary players aren't in 3 pro bowls, especially at a position where the conference was loaded with talent.

I'm not informed enough to get into the "TJ was a 'good,' 'mediocre' or 'bad' LB" debate.

All I know is that he is an immature and inconsistent commentator on the sport he once played in a "good, mediocre or bad" fashion.

I'm not informed enough to get into the "TJ was a 'good,' 'mediocre' or 'bad' LB" debate.

All I know is that he is an immature and inconsistent commentator on the sport he once played in a "good, mediocre or bad" fashion.

Consider TJ a poor man's Derrick Brooks. Got the Qb. Made a ton of plays all over the field.

I'm not a fan of him as a studio guy, but he was a heckuva football player.

Last edited:
Chad Finn of the Globe really took ol' Tom to the woodshed in his column this morning. A beautiful piece on the subject.

Chad Finn of the Globe really took ol' Tom to the woodshed in his column this morning. A beautiful piece on the subject.
Thanks for that, I had not seen that yet.

For those interested, here's the link and a couple of quotes from the column:

Jackson takes hit on his credibility - The Boston Globe

“But I knew when they saw 30-10 that I think they would be reminded of what most people were feeling. And I knew they needed to be a little angrier going on the field.’’

The reaction to his comments on radio and other media was swift and universal in tone:

Say what?

Premeditated? Psychological game?

What could Jackson possibly have been thinking?
It’s open to interpretation whether Jackson is better at explanations than he is at predictions.

But one question remains: Why would someone as accomplished as Jackson jeopardize his credibility just because he cared what Bart Scott thought?

It’s not only the Patriots who wonder where Jackson is coming from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back