PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Dimitrioff is OVERRATED and Ruining the Falcons

EspDemoN

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm coming to your board to ask for sound advice and your opinion on Thomas Dimitrioff.
Thus far, many Falcons fans think TD can do no wrong and they have plenty of faith in his ability to build a championship with the Falcons; however, I respectfully disagree with their assessment.

TD, in my opinion, appears to be way over in his head as a GM...maybe as a College Director of Football, but not as a NFL GM.

Granted, Arthur Blank hired this kid, but i don't put much stock in Arthur's ability to hire the best person to run his organization. Therefore, I wanted to get your opinion on TD’s impact and legacy with NE.

Here's the reason I have no faith in this guy, but would appreciate your honest feedback. During his tenure with Atlanta here are some of the players he has drafted or signed with the team.

-Matt Ryan QB=1st rounder (a little overrated) no arm strength, no mobility, and throws way too many interceptions; however, he threw just as many in college. Granted, he hit the sophomore slump last year, but he's never been a consistent passer throughout his career.

-Sam Baker OL- 1st rounder (gave up two 2nd rounders to jump back in the 1st round for this guy) Considering what and how much we gave up …he’s a BUST. VERY Injury prone and have yet to play a complete full-season; as a matter of fact, he sat out over 2/3 of his rookie season. Likewise, he was injury prone during his Sr. year in college

-Peria Jerry- DL- 1st rounder -Out the entire season w/ACL(played in 1 ½ games). He too was injured his Jr/Sr years in college

-William Moore- S 2nd rounder- Out the entire season w/calf and ACL injury (played 1/2 game in 2009). He had knee injury his senior year in college

-William Middleton _CB- 5th rounder- No contribution
-Thomas Decoud & Chevis Jackson (S/CB)- no help in the backfield at all. As a matter of fact, we had to go into the offseason in 2009 and sign Hill and Williams.

My point is- TD does not seem to have a keen eye for talent and/or make bad personnel decision. In addition, he seems to think that the Falcons are going to win a trophy with a bunch of rookies on the OL/DL. Any football GM worth his salt knows that you must have some veterans on your team that are play-makers.

Granted, he signed Michael Turner in 2008, but Mike Peterson was a bust last year from Jacksonville. Still we have no DE implact player, except for John A. We still need a safety, D.Robinson may not recover from his injury as he proved last year in Houston and Peria Perry or William Moore may too never recover;however, TD refuses to sign FA help.

Whats up with this guy? Did Arthur buy into another polished unqualified GM? It sure seems that way to me.

You're way off base in your concerns about Dimitroff.
Nobody hits on every draft pick, and injuries happen.

Where are the Falcons now, and where were they before he was hired?
Atlanta just had back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in five decades.

Only one out of 32 teams wins a Super Bowl each year.
That averages out to 3 SB's if a fan lives to the age of 80.

Obviously you and your fellow fans crave a championship, but you need to temper that with some realistic expectations.
- Jimmy Johnson was 8-24 in his first two seasons with Dallas
- Chuck Noll had three straight losing seasons to start his career in Pittsburgh, with a 12-30 beginning.
- Bill Walsh started his career with back-to-back double-digit losing seasons and had a losing record in three of his first four years.
- In their first two years with New England Bill Parcells was 15-17, and Bill Belichick was 16-16; Dimitroff is 20-12 in two years with Atlanta.

Yeah, I know those are coaches and not GM's but hopefully you get my drift.

Relax and show a little bit of patience, or do you yearn for a return to the Leeman Bennett and Marion Campbell years?

I'll bet the Eagles would trade Michael Vick for Dimitroff in a heartbeat.

You're way off base in your concerns about Dimitroff.
Nobody hits on every draft pick, and injuries happen.

Where are the Falcons now, and where were they before he was hired?
Atlanta just had back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in five decades.
What this guy said.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back