PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran's shocking admission

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Either last night or the the night before on NEST, Tom E Curran, admitted on that he reads message boards. He look very embarrassed and ashamed, as he should be.

I wonder now if he has been reading Dr.Nuts Parking Lot grades or the Cheerleader thread.

Last edited:
I wonder if he posts as well...what is sn is???

He's smart for checking it out - at the very least we provide tons of story leads and story ideas

At best we provide some savvy insights - and many posters demonstrate that PatsFans are a pretty smart bunch

You've got it backwards.

Checking out message boards --- and especially this one --- is nothing to be ashamed of. This site is such a great resource, you'd have to be crazy NOT to look in on it if your job is to write about the Pats. 200 heads (or whatever it is here) are better than one!

P.S. Notice how Curran is a GOOD writer?:rolleyes:

oh no please no not that

PATSNUTme said:
Either last night or the the night before on NEST, Tom E Curran, admitted on that he reads message boards. He look very embarrassed and ashamed, as he should be.

I wonder now if he has been reading Dr.Nuts Parking Lot grades or the Cheerleader thread.

no he's dang smart to check out what we-all are posting.
but i think there's some no-no element of journaliists' creed that indicates he should be SHAMED of himself.
remember my favorite columnist, mike barnicle, getting canned some years ago? he got canned for using jokes and anecdotes some of his 'friends' had e-mailed to him. so for somebody like curran saying he reads this board is tantamount to admitting the ideas in his columns are not his own.
hey i guess he's living in sportswriter hades right now.

I was kidding about his looking ashamed.

It is smart of him to check out this board. We do have some good serious football people (Box) who post here. We do have people who do get good info and post it here (Miguel). And,there are several others.

Of coarse then we do have clowns, like myself, who are no value to him at all.

I think Tom was here awhile back or maybe I'm confusing it with another board. There is a user here called TCurran. Maybe it's him.

I would be surprised if all sportswriters didn't checkout their teams messageboards!

JR4 said:
I think Tom was here awhile back or maybe I'm confusing it with another board. There is a user here called TCurran. Maybe it's him.
Tom occasionally posts in KFFL.

cloud34 said:
Tom occasionally posts in KFFL.
He also posts on and is a member of BSMW. I believe he may be TECurran on there.

J D Sal

PatsChick87 said:
I would be surprised if all sportswriters didn't checkout their teams messageboards!

I know of two others that do...

One I'm sure about, and another I'm 95% certain.

Brady-To-Branch said:
I know of two others that do...

One I'm sure about, and another I'm 95% certain.

Ok, we're waiting....:D

Who?

JDSal45 said:
He also posts on and is a member of BSMW. I believe he may be TECurran on there.

J D Sal
Don't start PM'ing him, though. He's got a violent temper. He once threatened to hit me in the face with a canned ham Art Martone gave him for Christmas.

Last month I had to do a piece for the FOX regional sports shows. It was on women's college softball. (Offseason we get assigned to do other sports) Anyway, I'm not ashamed to admit, that I knew nothing about the top players on the top teams. So I did use as many on line blogs, boards, etc that I could find. And while I did find tons of interesting angles that would have made great stories in those places, my boss had me sticking witrh a tried and true storyline. So next month, if it makes it on the air, please know that on line research was a part of the story.

A bunch of guys have posted at KFFL. Curran, Reiss (I think), Dan Pires posts there fairly often. There are more but I can't remember at the moment.

JJDChE said:
A bunch of guys have posted at KFFL. Curran, Reiss (I think), Dan Pires posts there fairly often. There are more but I can't remember at the moment.

Why would the want to post on KFFL? I've never been over there but I have visited other teams boards as a lurker from time to time.

This board does have more good info and knowlegeable people posting than any of those others, that I can see.

We have a couple of idiots, like Dr. Nut, but all in all, this is one of the best football boards around.

PATSNUTme said:
I was kidding about his looking ashamed.

It is smart of him to check out this board. We do have some good serious football people (Box) who post here. We do have people who do get good info and post it here (Miguel). And,there are several others.

Of coarse then we do have clowns, like myself, who are no value to him at all.
Serious? A base canard sir! You shall hear from my lawyers!:enranged:

Tom has said, in numerous chats and even in at least one article (when he referenced AJ) that he surfs around here. This isn't a big surprise to me.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Serious? A base canard sir! You shall hear from my lawyers!:enranged:

Serious only compared to some who live on the cheerleader thread.:rocker:

I did just visit KFFL. I was surprised that there were more posters on the Patriots board there tahn any other teams board.

Why, I don't understand.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
Serious only compared to some who live on the cheerleader thread.:rocker:

I did just visit KFFL. I was surprised that there were more posters on the Patriots board there tahn any other teams board.

Why, I don't understand.

TC wrote about us.....err rather NEM during the great BB free agency hysteria of 2006!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes