PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got points with me for this line:

including the fact that the penalty and coverage of Spygate in 2007 and 2008 was like deploying CNN to cover a treed cat

It's no wonder BB doesn't hire coordinators.

Curran: McDaniels drags Pats into 'Son of Spygate'

In terms of public figures I would genuinely enjoy meeting in an alley, Curran in pretty high up there but I was surprised by how he closed. It's amazing what controversy is coming out of simple gamesmanship. Every competitive team out there from college to the pros has a videography department. Some are more cloak and daggers than others, but those that are pose another layer of distraction to their opponent and therefore more effective. Every ounce of human capital you can take away from an opponent is a victory. I'm just amazed that there is such outrage at this as it is commonplace in every high level form of competition.

Last edited:
I'm just amazed that there is such outrage at this as it is commonplace in every high level form of competition.

It's pretty much because a lot of people on the internet didn't play a sport at any level. Hell, I remember coaches trying to decipher another team's signals when I was playing football at the pee-wee level. This really isn't anything new, and it's been highlighted as such by Jimmy Johnson.

Anyway, **** Josh McDaniels for throwing his mentor under the bus to save his own ass. What a truly low piece of garbage he is.

It's pretty much because a lot of people on the internet didn't play a sport at any level. Hell, I remember coaches trying to decipher another team's signals when I was playing football at the pee-wee level. This really isn't anything new, and it's been highlighted as such by Jimmy Johnson.

Anyway, **** Josh McDaniels for throwing his mentor under the bus to save his own ass. What a truly low piece of garbage he is.

Everybody in the NFL was doing this. The Patriots got whacked and whacked hard because they ignored a league memo that reminded all teams to stop the practice.
Regarding McDaniel, does ANYONE actually buy the "I threw my hands up to cover my eyes and threw my rouge coach out of my office when he tried to show me his rogue taping that he initiated on his own"??? :rofl:
Joshy is not only a disloyal rat but he's a liar.

Last edited:
Reiss also please report for duty

iMO the Pats have been told by the league not to comment which makes matters worse We need perspective like Curran is providing tonight.

This is a Broncos issue aka the implosion of McDouche. No way Scar jr acted alone but this matter is now closed by the NFL.

Last edited:
Everybody in the NFL was doing this. The Patriots got whacked and whacked hard because they ignored a league memo that reminded all teams to stop the practice.
Regarding McDaniel, does ANYONE actually buy the "I threw my hands up to cover my eyes and threw my rouge coach out of my office when he tried to show me his rogue taping that he initiated on his own"??? :rofl:
Joshy is not only a disloyal rat but he's a liar.

The Patriots got whacked because of how they did it and where they did it. If they had, for instance, wrote down the signals, the down and distance, the play, and where the play went in a notebook and detailed it, that would be legal and would have been just as effective as video tape. And no, nobody buys that from McDaniels. My opinion of him went down the toilet today. He is, by definition, a rat. A rat fleeing a sinking ship will do anything to save it's own ass. McDaniels, the rat fleeing the sinking ship in Denver due in part to his terrible decisions, decided to throw his mentor (the guy that gave him a detailed print out on how to be a head coach and taught McDaniels everything he knows) under the bus to take some of the pressure off of himself.

Last edited:
Josh McDaniels has jumped the shark. He's sinking fast in Denver and is willing to throw anything or one overboard to save his skinny little ass. What a ****y

Somewhere in a Foxboro area ranch style home, Matt patricia gently weeps.....BB wont ever recommend anyone for a HC position

Scar Jr I see a future as a wedding video guy for you.....

Last edited:
..smile for Unca Scar kids.....

1229544681747_2_EasyMoney_mif_290_210.jpg

So that's where Scars kids got their video passions from...

Josh Mcdouche, assistant coach of the year 2012, East Bumfukk High School

All kidding aside Dante Scar is a very nice man. The Delta flight crew that does the Patriots charters love him.

Last edited:
Hell, I remember coaches trying to decipher another team's signals when I was playing football at the pee-wee level

We had to change our signals in the little league tournament when I was 13 because one of our guys told one of his friends on another team all of them. :lol2:

Surprising, I thought JMcD really thought a lot of BB and went out of his way to tell everyone that.

There's an old saying that a person's true character shows during adversity, not success - I guess this is just another example of that.

I gave McDouche 3 years. He's ahead of schedule.

Yet somehow, like Mangini, he'll get a head coaching gig elsewhere. :confused:

I have always defended McDaniels, but he definitely crossed a line with his comments to his staff. He definitely Manginied this situation by acting like a rat on a sinking ship and selling out whoever he can to escape.

It is pretty bad when even Tony Dungy chastizes McDaniels for talking out of school about how Belichick runs his organization.

The sad thing, McDaniels probably exaggerated what he was saying to make himself look better but he really sold out the guy who made him what he is just like Mangini did.

I am not quite ready to throw McD under the bus yet.

All this is based primarily on Glazer's report. That report is, to me, ambiguous. Probably deliberately ambiguous to provide maximum publicity.

Many people seem to be taking the report to imply the Pats taped practices, since the "difference" between Pats and Broncos was portrayed as planned vs spontaneous. And that is what has sparked the outrage. (If the outrage was due to the statement the Pats taped signals in an organized ongoing manner... then noone was paying attention in 2007 when all that was disclosed.)

But it was not in McD's interests to point out that taping another team's presumably-secret practice is a MUCH worse offense than taping the same signals tens of thousands of people could see in plain sight. That is why he supposedly said jobs were on the line.

McDaniels stupidly threw his staff under the bus in front of the owner recently. That made him some enemies who made this public and controlled the message.

So until there is a better indication exactly what McDaniels did and did not did not say I will withhold final judgement.

Please merge all these damned spygate II threads I don't want to deal with this crap.

Please merge all these damned spygate II threads I don't want to deal with this crap.

but wait!!!!....Joker The Unpredictable is about to predict!!!!

I see SPYGATE III...THE CYBORG CAMERA QB at which time it will be revealed that Matt Cassel actually had small iris implants that allowed him to see surrepticiously taped camera shots right on the surface of his eyeballs that allowed the Patriots to cheat their way to an 11-5 record when Brady went down....I KNEW something was fishy about that...

I have always defended McDaniels, but he definitely crossed a line with his comments to his staff. He definitely Manginied this situation by acting like a rat on a sinking ship and selling out whoever he can to escape.

It is pretty bad when even Tony Dungy chastizes McDaniels for talking out of school about how Belichick runs his organization.

The sad thing, McDaniels probably exaggerated what he was saying to make himself look better but he really sold out the guy who made him what he is just like Mangini did.

A report of what went on in a staff meeting taken as gospel? What's the motivation of this supposed informant - long-term career success in the NFL after whoever it is leaves Denver? McDaniels didn't report this incident to the NFL, the reason for his penalty, and told Peter King (aired at halftime) directly in response to Glazer's report that he wasn't in the loop on video practices with the Pats so really couldn't make the statement he is now accused of making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes