PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran of NBCSports says Eagles over Chargers in SB 43

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26502243/site/21683474/

Now that is the type of grab bag pick you could expect from a writer like Curran over at NBC Sports

Question is if the Eagles are going to win this years SB, who is going to be the QB in the 4th quarter to clinch the championship because Donovan will be throwing up all over the sidelines with all that pressure on his shoulders.

An overated McNabb leading them to the title? - You have got to be kidding me

I think the Eagles will grab a wild card but one and done IMO

The league figures out that the way to slow the [INSERT ANY GOD DAMN TEAM] offense is to attack, attack, attack and take your chances.

Stop giving out the blueprint Mr. Curran!

Now that is the type of grab bag pick you could expect from a writer like Curran over at NBC Sports

Question is if the Eagles are going to win this years SB, who is going to be the QB in the 4th quarter to clinch the championship because Donovan will be throwing up all over the sidelines with all that pressure on his shoulders.

Tommy boy is entitled to his opinion, but I knew his days as a free thinker had ended when he was on Comcast this spring defending Tomase by saying he (Tomase) was technically correct because Walsh may not have taped the walk-through but he "monitored" it...sheeesh...what a tool.

Surprised that the Eagles are getting so many predictions to make it to the Superbowl. Last year was kind of a letdown as far as what they accomplished. Not saying its impossible. Would definitely prefer them winning over the Cowboys or Giants. That's for sure.

just because the whole world revolves around Tom Brady doesnt mean that Eagles cant be chosen to win. I think Eagles have the best chance of being the NFC Powerhouse this year. I think the NFC Championship will be between the Eagles, Vikings, and the Cowgirls. Of all the candidates for MVP, i actually think that McNabb, Bulger, and Drew Brees are up for the spot. Dont look for Tom Brady to repeat the 2007 season, Moroney is back and healthy so u Pats are going to balance the run. I dont see Peyton winning another MVP considering that we have Addai, Hart, and Rhodes backing him up.

Surprised that the Eagles are getting so many predictions to make it to the Superbowl. Last year was kind of a letdown as far as what they accomplished. Not saying its impossible. Would definitely prefer them winning over the Cowboys or Giants. That's for sure.

Here is one thing I believe that any NFL fan can say and that is Brian Westbrook is a guy that you gotta hope will get a ring before he retires because he is a blue collar type player that gets overlooked and not respected enough yet does just about everything well but yet is always under the radar.

just because the whole world revolves around Tom Brady doesnt mean that Eagles cant be chosen to win. I think Eagles have the best chance of being the NFC Powerhouse this year. I think the NFC Championship will be between the Eagles, Vikings, and the Cowgirls. Of all the candidates for MVP, i actually think that McNabb, Bulger, and Drew Brees are up for the spot. Dont look for Tom Brady to repeat the 2007 season, Moroney is back and healthy so u Pats are going to balance the run. I dont see Peyton winning another MVP considering that we have Addai, Hart, and Rhodes backing him up.

You won't see Peyton win another championship this year either unless the Chargers and Patriots get key injuries and then the Colts be fortunate enough to go play the Bears with big bad Rex at QB

Last edited:
Here is one thing I believe that any NFL fan can say and that is Brian Westbrook is a guy that you gotta hope will get a ring before he retires because he is a blue collar type player that gets overlooked and not respected enough yet does just about everything well but yet is always under the radar.

I agree about Westbrook. The guy is, in my opinion, the best running back in the NFL. He can run the ball and you'd better believe that he can catch the ball. He was my first round fantasy football pick so I hope that he has a big year.

You won't see Peyton win another championship this year either unless the Chargers and Patriots get key injuries and then the Colts be fortunate enough to go play the Bears with big bad Rex at QB

yea but who did the Colts beat before they had to face the Bears with big bad Rex at QB? Not to rub it in but Peyton did overcome what every critic would talk bad about Peyton. Heres a list:

1. Peyton would never win a SB in his career
2. Peyton chokes in the playoffs
3. Peyton cant beat the Pats in the playoffs
4. Peyton cant play in bad weather conditions:ONLY IN THE DOME (what about the SB?)

He had to face 3 of the TOP 5 DEFENSES in the playoffs to win the SB

-Patriots
-Ravens
-Bears

To be fair Peyton's 2006 Playoff performance (7 INTs) was certainly nothing special nor did he deserve the Super Bowl MVP.

Last edited:
To be fair Peyton's 2006 Playoff performance (7 INTs) was certainty nothing special nor did he deserve the Super Bowl MVP.

Well it was a driving rain most of the game so you have to give that at least a little excuse for Manning but there is no doubt that when you go back to see the worst performances of a SB winning QB look no further than most recently with Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger's poor stats yet somehow their teams were good enough to overcome the QBs bad day.

Stop giving out the blueprint Mr. Curran!

this is especially brilliant considering every team in the NFL will, this year, be loaned a healthy osi umenyiora and an unretired michael strahan when they play the patriots, who will also be hypnotized into feeling the fatigue of the brightest sports spotlight in the history of the NFL in every game they play.

i mean, you know, nobody was blitzing the patriots last year until the super bowl. DAMN YOU GIANTS YOUVE RUINED EVERYTHING!

The nerve of this guy! Well, I'm off to search the web for some IDIOTS who failed pick the patriots to win the sb:rolleyes::rolleyes:

To be fair Peyton's 2006 Playoff performance (7 INTs) was certainly nothing special nor did he deserve the Super Bowl MVP.

yea, but the most important thing is...did he win the SB? How did he make up for the interceptions that he made? :confused:

You won't see Peyton win another championship because he's coming off a knee injury, Freeney is injured, Harrison's skills are fading, and most importantly because the Colts have a very tough schedule this year.

Curran makes some very good points. I like the Cowboys better than the Eagles, but the Eagles sure looked sharp in the preseason (yeah, I know, I know). I also agree with Curran that the Bills will make the playoffs. That seems like an off-the-wall prediction on his part, but the AFC East has the easiest schedule in the league, and wins over the Dolphins, Jets, Rams, 49ers, Raiders and Chiefs will get them a long way toward the playoffs. Obviously the Pats have that same easy road.

the guy is out of his mind...

everyone knows its going to be the fins over the falcons

Well it was a driving rain most of the game so you have to give that at least a little excuse for Manning but there is no doubt that when you go back to see the worst performances of a SB winning QB look no further than most recently with Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger's poor stats yet somehow their teams were good enough to overcome the QBs bad day.

Did Brady play under the rain to win the SB? He didnt even score against the Jets in the rain when he faced them this past year. Playing under the rain is very different...Ben couldnt do anything either in the game against the Dolphins.

Well ... Tom is looking out for his wallet on this one ... you get a mulligan Tom. ;)

The nerve of this guy! Well, I'm off to search the web for some IDIOTS who failed pick the patriots to win the sb:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dear Mr Sarcasm:

I am not saying the Patriots are guaranteed to win the Super Bowl but they have a much better chance than the Eagles do

In fact I think this years Pats team is likely to fall short again of a championship as I think the defense looks soft in the secondary to be able to go way deep into the postseason but I do think the Chargers or Cowboys and maybe even the Vikings or Colts could have been a pick that is more realistic than an Eagles team right now

Dear Mr Sarcasm:

I am not saying the Patriots are guaranteed to win the Super Bowl but they have a much better chance than the Eagles do

In fact I think this years Pats team is likely to fall short again of a championship as I think the defense looks soft in the secondary to be able to go way deep into the postseason but I do think the Chargers or Cowboys and maybe even the Vikings or Colts could have been a pick that is more realistic than an Eagles team right now

I'm sure you would have felt the same about the Giants last year, yet where are they now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes