PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran: Mallett to the Texans may soon be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapoport is reporting no deal yet but that the interest from Houston for Mallett is real.

Trades are always risky but the concept of risk/reward seems to apply. Clowney has very rare traits. Will this years 29, 62 or 93 or next years 32 have those traits? If they are in win it all mode, then an elite pass rusher helps towards that.

And bear in mind, I don't think it will happen, I'm just talking hypothetically. I think it's more likely there's a QB they like in this draft (or Glennon) and thay will be expending a pick there and this trade compensates for that.

Let me play devil's advocate. If you are houston, why would you trade a future HOFer for a bunch of picks that might not pan out? There is no guarantee with mallet either.

Garappolo

I wonder if it might be a future pick. 2015 second rounder instead of 2014 3rd??
Why would they make the deal prior to the trade? The Texans could have Bridgewater fall into their lap at #65 if they waited and not need to make any trade. The timing indicates that it has to be for something in this draft.

Houston will pick clowney and then wait to see how the draft goes and if any of the QBs they covet are gone by the end of the 1st round they will probably talk mallet. I think this is what might have been agreed upon with the pats.

@Coach42 I have 10 dislikes, you are responsible for 8 of them. What is you deal, if you do not agree select the disagree button it is the red X, but you have no reason to dislike anything I have written so knock it off.

@Coach42 I have 10 dislikes, you are responsible for 8 of them. What is you deal, if you do not agree select the disagree button it is the red X, but you have no reason to dislike anything I have written so knock it off.

kkkkkk, I'm laughing at your concern over this.

100 dislikes gives you 10 days suspended or something like that?

kkkkkk, I'm laughing at your concern over this.

100 dislikes gives you 10 days suspended or something like that?
No I'm just trying to understand his/her issue.

How about Mallet + #29 for Texans #33 and #65..

Would work for me..

Let me play devil's advocate. If you are houston, why would you trade a future HOFer for a bunch of picks that might not pan out? There is no guarantee with mallet either.

Maybe they feel they are more than one player away. A new HC wants to build his team and this helps achieve this. also, it's not every year you get to be the no 1 pick and pick up a lot of extra picks in a trade so they want to make hay will the sun still shines.

How about Mallet + #29 for Texans #33 and #65..

Would work for me..

Just curious - why? He has 3 years under Brady and knows the Pat's system. He's more valuable to us now than when we drafted him. Your deal moves our top pick back to the 2nd round and basically gives us the same pick we used on Mallett 3 years ago. I don't see it....

Just curious - why? He has 3 years under Brady and knows the Pat's system. He's more valuable to us now than when we drafted him. Your deal moves our top pick back to the 2nd round and basically gives us the same pick we used on Mallett 3 years ago. I don't see it....

Because I expect us to draft a QB at some point this weekend unrelated to what ultimately happens with Mallet. I don't think we will want to keep him after next year on a higher price tag. If we can get back the pick we used for him, great..

I just tried to sweeten the deal for the Texans a bit. If it ends up being straight Mallett for their 3rd round pick.. then great..

Clowney is all hype, Mack is the player of the two I would want on my team any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Too many people on twitter reporting the probabilities of a trade for there not to be some substance to it. Albert Breer says there some contingencies involved.

Clowney is all hype, Mack is the player of the two I would want on my team any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'd be thrilled if, somehow, Mr. "all hype" became a member of the Patriots during this draft.

I would trade our #1, 2, 3, next years #1 and Mallett for Clowney. He has LT potential.

Not necessarily. Definitely means they wouldn't take a QB but they could also go for Mack or trade out (reports indicate they aren't trading though)
I think if they trade for Mallet its MORE likely they go QB. Mallett will be the stopgap.
I cannot see BOB banking the success of his first NFL HC job on Ryan Mallett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes