PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran: Mallett to the Texans may soon be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing you aren't them.

You have been making very definitive predictions based on no more knowledge than any of us have.
Yeah, I am really out of line doing something so ridiculously egregious as making predictions on a football forum. What was I thinking?!?? This is no place to make predictions about football related things!!! :rolleyes:
I always hate doing that, because if I am wrong I look like a total idiot.
That's the attitude of someone with a history of being wrong more often than not. You're gunshy because you're always wrong and always looking like a fool so you're afraid to do it even more.

I have the confidence of someone who is right far more often than being wrong, so I have no problem making bold predictions. Am I always right? Of course not. But I get it right far more often than not - especially when I don't let emotions interfere with logic.

I would agree with this. The Pats have a value for Mallet, heck, for all I know they might have plans to sign him to a long term deal after this year.
I highly doubt that because they know Mallett would never go along with such a plan. I doubt he is satisfied being a career backup so I doubt he will be staying in New England.

I think we're going to use a pick today or tomorrow on a QB anyway. Mallett's gone next year. I imagine BB would prefer to have someone in the pipeline when Mallett goes. Plus now we even may have the option of going after Hoyer or Cassel. It would probably be dirt cheap too. Cleveland & Minny chose QBs yesterday. So those guys are currently on overly crowded depth charts.
I'm am starting to think the Patriots may end up with Mettenberger (another guy who dropped due to injury) or McCarron then, after realizing no one will give so much as a bag of balls for Mallett, cut him in August/September.

What other teams could possibly be interest in more than a project/future QB in this draft? A team in need for a starter or a reliable backup, who could be interest in throw something for Mallet?

My list:

Tennessee
Rams
Dallas
Cardinals (long shot)

I ruled out teams like Pittsburgh and Chiefs that could be more interest in drafting a QB for the future because of their injured/contract year QBs.

Tampa will go with Glennon for at least one more year, I'm buying what Lovie Smith said, it makes sense.

Raiders already have their fair share of questionable QB in Schaub, with a lot more experience than Mallet, it only makes sense for them to draft.

There's nothing much left out there, only Texans and Tennessee seems to be in more of an evident need.

The Texans are being victim of a deep draft, they could very well stay put all the way on this draft. I'm curious if BOB is willing to build a team in Belichick way and not act desperately reaching for a QB. They could take a flyer in someone less ranked with good upside or simply wait to go for a QB in next FA or draft. I don't think Case Keenum is that bad, he was playing for a team tanking last year, with a good defense and another pieces he can be a game manager QB, just like Fitzmagic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back