PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran last night on Sports Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dillon took his coin after the 2004 season...He put up Moss like #'s as a RB that season. Then it was gone... He was decent thereafter, ditto Moss although his dropoff is certainly related to but also perhaps overly credited to Cassel. This year was a little better, but it wasn't nearly enough - and that was with Brady. Some here would prefer to overly credit that to Brady this season. I just don't see it that way...based on years of watching Brady deal with all manner of obstacles.

You may have your timelines confused, Mo. Dillon played w/ a sub-market deal in 04, got his extension after the 04 season and due to injury or indifference or both never achieved 04 production levels in both the 05 and 06 seasons while after 07, Moss has certainly been an impact player who overall, has produced at a high-level.

I do think he had something going on after the Indy game and for 4 weeks was out of it per se, but overall the guy has produced.

As you stated earlier, its on BB regarding what Randy Moss means to this team.

Last edited:
You may have your timelines confused, Mo. Dillon played w/ a sub-market deal in 04, got his extension after the 04 season and due to injury or indifference or both never achieved 04 production levels in both the 05 and 06 seasons while after 07, Moss has certainly been an impact player who overall, has produced at a high-level.

I do think he had something going on after the Indy game and for 4 weeks was out of it per se, but overall the guy has produced.

As you stated earlier, its on BB regarding what Randy Moss means to this team.

My timeline is fine. Both played for sub market deals in their first season here to facilitate their trade. Both put up all pro numbers. Dillon's personal #'s were to some extent based on his own efforts, while Moss had some help from a former 6th round QB... After each season both signed long term deals. They haven't performed nearly the same since. Moss of course had to deal with losing Brady. Just remember who Brady was throwing to on that play and what the result was... Moss also struggled to get onboard the Cassel express...although he grudgingly did over time. This season I think Moss expected 2007 to return even moreso than some fans did. When it didn't materialize his focus began to waver. All those imploring push through it speeches Brady and eventually Welker made were not directed at Maroney or the OL or Edleman and Stanbeck...

My timeline is fine. Both played for sub market deals in their first season here to facilitate their trade. Both put up all pro numbers. Dillon's personal #'s were to some extent based on his own efforts, while Moss had some help from a former 6th round QB... After each season both signed long term deals.

OK. Thought I had read differently in a prior post of yours.

They haven't performed nearly the same since.

We just disagree. Moss's production and value to the team's offense is by far superior's to Dillons during the two years after the contract extension.

Moss of course had to deal with losing Brady. Just remember who Brady was throwing to on that play and what the result was... Moss also struggled to get onboard the Cassel express...although he grudgingly did over time. This season I think Moss expected 2007 to return even moreso than some fans did. When it didn't materialize his focus began to waver. All those imploring push through it speeches Brady and eventually Welker made were not directed at Maroney or the OL or Edleman and Stanbeck...

All may be true. I'm arguing the production.

You mentioned ROI earlier. It's not like Moss has been the second coming of Terry Glenn as the resident malcontent. That's a bit of a stretch. In 3 years, Moss has been paid roughly $30m w/ an additional $6.4 coming this year. IMO hes been worth it. He puts up a 50 catch, 700yd 3 TD year I'd say he then needs to be moved.

Last edited:
Michael Holley's inside knowledge has demonstrated time and again that there are, indeed, "Curran is hearing" moments.

Holley hasn't been an insider since 2005 and that was strictly on a limited basis. He's made some good educated guesses in the past but he didn't have "inside" knowledge. He's making educated guesses like the rest of us.

Holley hasn't been an insider since 2005 and that was strictly on a limited basis. He's made some good educated guesses in the past but he didn't have "inside" knowledge. He's making educated guesses like the rest of us.

Feel free to claim what you wish. The Mayo pick gives lie to that notion, though.

Many folks worked out that we needed a LB and many media folks thought that belichick was focused on drafting Mayo. Perhaps they all got their info from Holly, perhaps not.

Feel free to claim what you wish. The Mayo pick gives lie to that notion, though.

Many folks worked out that we needed a LB and many media folks thought that belichick was focused on drafting Mayo. Perhaps they all got their info from Holly, perhaps not.

Holley was specific, days in advance. Where others got their information is irrelevant.

Holley was specific, days in advance. Where others got their information is irrelevant.

I'll stick with the educated guess theory. Pats were old at LB and Keith Rivers wasn't a Pats style LB so he wen't with Mayo.

Just remember who Brady was throwing to on that play and what the result was...

This is just pitiful to bring up and shows a bias against the man. As if he had anything to do with Pollard going low on the RB and then lunging at Brady.

This season I think Moss expected 2007 to return even moreso than some fans did. When it didn't materialize his focus began to waver. All those imploring push through it speeches Brady and eventually Welker made were not directed at Maroney or the OL or Edleman and Stanbeck...

LOL Mo, you really have fallen off the deep end with regards to Moss.

Heard from Tom a little while ago on Twitter on this. As an FYI he said that what's been posted from what he said is incorrect, and that he never said Moss wouldn't be back.

Tom's a good guy and I'll take him at his word. So needless to say as a courtesy I'm going to close this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back