PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran: "It's gonna be a bloodbath"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradmahn

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
When asked if Peyton Manning was a better quarterback to beat the Patriots, Curran, of Projo fame and now the NFL beat reporter for NBCSports.com, responded with "not this team; it's gonna be a bloodbath."

Interesting.

In more words than I care to recant, he said that Peyton would be able to beat the team from last year, the one with the backups of the AFCCG, but not with what's traveling to the RCA Dome this weekend.

Prior to that he said that the differences between the Pats are personnel, whereas with the Colts it's attitude.

He also said he's covered about seven Colts games this year, FWIW.

Last edited:
When asked if Peyton Manning was a better quarterback to beat the Patriots, Curran, of Projo fame and now the NFL beat reporter for NBCSports.com, responded with "not this team; it's gonna be a bloodbath."

Interesting.

In more words than I care to recant, he said that Peyton would be able to beat the team from last year, the one with the backups of the AFCCG, but not with what's traveling to the RCA Dome this weekend.

Prior to that he said that the differences between the Pats are personnel, whereas with the Colts it's attitude.

That's my line.

but i agree

Interesting.

Can you give us where Mr. Curran made these statements? If on NBCsports.com, can you give us a link?

Can you give us where Mr. Curran made these statements? If on NBCsports.com, can you give us a link?
It was on New England Sports tonight. It is what he said.

He also made a sarcastic remark about how Manning can beat the Patriots "when Eric Alexander is running around on the field". Good stuff.

ripe for the pickin, them Colts are!

Interesting. Coming from such a much-admired pigskin/Patriots sage.

Count me in.
I wanna sign up for the blowout bandwagon ...
for reasons self-evident to many of us, but still hidden from our Indy guests.

Last edited:
Curran's record picking Pats games this season is dismal...

This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Curran is an excellent writer (and I DO believe a poster on this board from time to time).

Caveat Emptor: He has always been a BB Koolaid drinker.

That said, evidently (per this thread) he has covered all the Colts games this year, so perhaps he does have a good perspective on them.

The Colts are pretenders. On Sunday all the world will know it.

unlike the game against the redskins, the Patriots are actually highly motivated to win this game

Curran's record picking Pats games this season is dismal...

This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

he picked dallas and bolts to win if i remember...

I never really thought Curran was the biggest homer though. He tends to pick against the Pats and he has been critical at times. He does have a really good relationship with Belichick, but I think its almost because Curran isnt in to all the bs stuff a lot of the bandwagon media are. He's also great with the scoop. I remember he was the first to report the signing of Colvin (when everyone thought he would go to eh Lions or Cardinals) and of Rodney the next day haha.

What channel and do they have a website with clips? Thanks.

The Pats don't make excuses but every time I think of the AFCCG last year and half the Pats having the flu I just wanna throw up.

Crap receivers, half the team tossing their cookies in the gatorade tub and we still lost by just 4 after having a huge lead.

So damn close.

I'm sure if he were on a national or Indiana sports show his comment would have been somewhat different.
As others have said, he's picked against the Patriots before including when we played Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes