PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran is officially a moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Curran is on EEI. Ordway said the Pats' offense is clearly better than the Jets. Curran's response was "We don't know that". When Big O called him out, Curran responded in muttered sentences "When Santonio Holmes comes back" and the Pats have more questions at left guard. He was grasping at straws to support his belief the Jets will win the division. I got no problem with him believing that, but don't use stupidity to prove your belief.

Curran is on EEI. Ordway said the Pats' offense is clearly better than the Jets. Curran's response was "We don't know that". When Big O called him out, Curran responded in muttered sentences "When Santonio Holmes comes back" and the Pats have more questions at left guard. He was grasping at straws to support his belief the Jets will win the division. I got no problem with him believing that, but don't use stupidity to prove your belief.

The Jets have at least as many questions at LG as the Pats do, hahaha. If he wants to argue that the Jets are better overall, then fine, but to argue that their offenses are even remotely comparable is just dumb.

Last edited:
What a coincidence that all these official morons happen to be the same guys who say anything negative about the Pats.

What an ass.

Running Games without Thomas Jones will be virtually equal.

Edwards/Cotchery drop as many as they catch.

Oh.... Brady >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sanchez

What a coincidence that all these official morons happen to be the same guys who say anything negative about the Pats.

Nah, there are valid criticisms of the Pats. Lots of them. Speculating that our offense might not be better than the Jets' isn't one of them. I doubt even Rex Ryan would say that, and there isn't much that he won't say.

Last edited:
Nah, there are valid criticisms of the Pats. Lots of them. Speculating that our offense might not be better than the Jets' isn't one of them. I doubt even Rex Ryan would say that, and there isn't much that he won't say.

But even those valid criticisms are said by official morons. At least, that's what I've been led to believe in the three years I've been here.

Curran may have just said he doesnt know if the best offense in the NFL is better than the worst. That may be overstating it, but not by much.

Saying bad things is one thing, but after he said them then tried to grasp at other reason to back up his claims after his claims were refuted. That act is the idiocy, stupidity, moronicness that gets him called what he is called by fans.

Last edited:
What an ass.

Running Games without Thomas Jones will be virtually equal.

Edwards/Cotchery drop as many as they catch.

Oh.... Brady >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sanchez

To be fair... I like Dustin Keller as a TE. He's proven it, Gronk and Hernandez still have to.

But NE are way better than Jets on O. No question.

Curran may have just said he doesnt know if the best offense in the NFL is better than the worst. That may be overstating it, but not by much.

Id be surprised if the Pats arent a top 5 offense and Id be just as surprised if the Jets arent a botton 5 offense.
After watching hard knocks Id be worried if I was a Jets fans about Sanchez maturing into anything resembling a good NFL quarterback, but since Im not a Jets fan I dont care.

Last edited:

on a similar note, the Pats D is on the same level as the jets D

So then you believe the Jets offense is better or comparable to the Patriots offense?

Well, if they say they pick the Jets because the Jets offense may be better than the Pats' offense, I guess you are right. I have no problem with Curran saying the Jets will win the division. If he stuck to his original argument that the Jets defense would be great and carry the team. then I would have not said a thing. When Ordway started to counter Curran's arguments, Curran went to Stupidville and tried to argue the Jets offense may be better than the Patriots. Then he became a moron because that is by far the dumbest argument I have heard of why the Jets will be better than the Pats.

on a similar note, the Pats D is on the same level as the jets D

Well, how do we know the Jets defense is better than the Pats' defense? We haven't seen a lot of the Pats' defensive starters play in NFL games yet. :D

But even those valid criticisms are said by official morons. At least, that's what I've been led to believe in the three years I've been here.

Don't count me in that group. If Curran said the Jets would win the division because of their defense, I would disagree with him but certainly wouldn't think he is a moron. But to say that he cannot say the Pats have a better offense than the Jets is just stupidity. I would say the same thing about someone who said that we don't know if the Jets defense is clearly better than the Pats' defense.

The Jets OL is better and if LT goes back in time to his glory days this year then they might have an edge in that area as well,otherwise the Pats have the edge in all of the other offensive areas including QB,WR and TE

C'mon, the Jets had the best running game in the NFL last year and the Pats' offense had a down year and they were still worlds better. Unless they replace Mark Sanchez, there is is no way to argue the Jets could have as good of an offense. No way, no how!

After the quarterbacks are taken into account, there's no way that statement can be true. I'd take Brady and a bunch of scrubs over Sanchez/Fitzgerald/Moss/Gates/Peterson.

I'm not kidding.

Then again, even before you factor in the enormous impact of a quarterback, the Patriots have a proven group of star players that produce results. The Jets have some castaway household names who no other team would touch (Tomlinson, Holmes, Edwards) whose name recognition won't spot them 150 passing yards per game. At running back, I give a big edge to the Jets, although LT is a downgrade from Thomas Jones. I still expect them to run the ball well. Unfortunately for the Jets, this is a passing league. The days of Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson winning a Super Bowl are over. Sanchez isn't as good as either one of those guys.

Last edited:
The Jets have arguably the best overall rushing game in the NFL. The Pats were better than most people realized (ranked 12th overall) despite the fact they have no standout runners.

Passing, on the other hand... only the Browns were worse than the Jets last season. Adding Holmes helps but it's not going to put the Jets anywhere near the potency of the Patriots' aerial attack. That's the difference there. Overall the Patriots offense trumps the Jets and it's not even close.

Curran is dumb.

I would much rather have Jet's OL and RBs for sure.

To be fair... I like Dustin Keller as a TE. He's proven it, Gronk and Hernandez still have to.

But NE are way better than Jets on O. No question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots