Tom Curran: 6 Years 60M

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Sarge, Curran is saying the Pats will sign him tomorrow 6/60

Curran is saying that AD is the guy that is worhty of the PAts spending their money on....

I don't think that contract is going to raise any feathers in the locker room. Although, I doubt he is still playing under this contract in year 5.

mgcolby: we need to reload to beat your Colts! We need to make some dramatic moves here...

If Curran is saying it, it's a lock!

I feel better now :)

I don't think that contract is going to raise any feathers in the locker room. Although, I doubt he is still playing under this contract in year 5.

Too right you are there. It seems almost every Pats player restructures every 3-4 years. Atleast everyone with a big contract. (Though it seems no one has a 3-4 year contract who doesn't have a big contract)

No, not really, he didn't say that at all. They asked what he thought, and Curran guessed that it should be something like 6 years, 60 mil, 22 sb.

He had no basis for that except it is his guess, and he thinks it can't be so high it will make Brady and Seymour say something.

Too right you are there. It seems almost every Pats player restructures every 3-4 years. Atleast everyone with a big contract. (Though it seems no one has a 3-4 year contract who doesn't have a big contract)

Well, that is usually because teams throw in a year or two of bogus seasons on the back end of a contract to lessen the impact of the signing bonus.

That is the same in this case, but the bigger issue is he will be turning 35 in year 5 of this contract so it is doubtfull that he will still be playing at a level that is commensurate with his pay.

Last edited:
No, not really, he didn't say that at all. They asked what he thought, and Curran guessed that it should be something like 6 years, 60 mil, 22 sb.

He had no basis for that except it is his guess, and he thinks it can't be so high it will make Brady and Seymour say something.

Thanks for clarifying.

Judging from the time he must have said it on FSNE. I couldn't sit through the Daiske babble at 10. Sure he wasn't giving his opinion? Because as a call in guest to flashboy fill in Jeff Joyce around 9:30 tonight on WEEI he was embarrassing himself. Knew nothing of the deal, had just heard about it from his MSNBC editor who wanted him on the story but he told him he'd rather wait til tomorrow (I assume 'cause he was busy driving to the FSNE studio). It was the most pathetic segment I ever heard. They were trying to guess what the sb money might be based on what Seymour got (which between them they decided was around $24M as opposed to the $18M it was). Just pathetic. All Tom had was he talked to the agent Bus Cook earlier in the day but he was just fielding initial offers and hadn't even told his client of them yet. Didn't return Tom's call tonight.

I think Curren lucked out with the MSNBC job, and took it cause he didn't have the tenacity to keep up with the youngsters at the Globe and Herald or the contacts to keep pace with Borges or the schtick to keep up with Felger. Just heard it the second time around and it sounded like he said 6 years $60M and mumbled $24 - and then he said so as not to upset guys like Seymour. I think he's just babbling because he got caught short tonight after spending the evening of football FA watching the Sox/BC game...

Curran is great. He may not be as plugged in, foxboro-wise, as Tomase and Reese, but that goes with no longer being a local reporter.

I think that we are going to find something very interesting with many of the signings of the bigger name players. I think that we are going to see Mario Williams-type deals.

People mis-reported the Clements singing as a $22 mill SB, when every report I have seen has said $22 mill in guaranteed Money. There is a difference in how this affects the cap.

I think that the report for Thomas will end up being the same. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a $8-$10 million SB with $8-$12 million in guaranteed salary over the next 2 years.

Judging from the time he must have said it on FSNE. I couldn't sit through the Daiske babble at 10. Sure he wasn't giving his opinion? Because as a call in guest to flashboy fill in Jeff Joyce around 9:30 tonight on WEEI he was embarrassing himself. Knew nothing of the deal, had just heard about it from his MSNBC editor who wanted him on the story but he told him he'd rather wait til tomorrow (I assume 'cause he was busy driving to the FSNE studio). It was the most pathetic segment I ever heard. They were trying to guess what the sb money might be based on what Seymour got (which between them they decided was around $24M as opposed to the $18M it was). Just pathetic. All Tom had was he talked to the agent Bus Cook earlier in the day but he was just fielding initial offers and hadn't even told his client of them yet. Didn't return Tom's call tonight.

I think Curren lucked out with the MSNBC job, and took it cause he didn't have the tenacity to keep up with the youngsters at the Globe and Herald or the contacts to keep pace with Borges or the schtick to keep up with Felger. Just heard it the second time around and it sounded like he said 6 years $60M and mumbled $24 - and then he said so as not to upset guys like Seymour. I think he's just babbling because he got caught short tonight after spending the evening of football FA watching the Sox/BC game...

I was so pissed at Sports New England tonight. I flip to see whats going on with the pats and those idiots started talking about a game the sox had with BC. I mean gimme a F***** break. It wasnt until 20 minutes in that they mentioned it that was pathetic. Anyway thank God for the NFL channel which gave me all the info I needed.

As far as Curran I think it was his 'educated' opinion. He said 'I think' but you could tell it was more then that. I am sure he got sources.

Last edited:
mgcolby: we need to reload to beat your Colts! We need to make some dramatic moves here...

Don't be fooled by his avatar; mgcolby is Pats through and through. Reading your title literally, I feel that Tom is overpriced; I think the Herald overpaid for him. :D

Seriously, I think AT is good value at that price. I'll be happier if/when it's confirmed, though.

Drastic? We were four points and a few minutes from beating them and advancing into the Superbowl. The Colts have gotten the better of us in our last three meetings, just barely in the AFCCG but mark my words if we sign some more solid players and have a great draft we will demolish the Colts next year. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes