PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Bradys strengths...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokomodave

Rookie
Reaction score
Tom Brady has been played in a system where the short passing game is what he does best. Could I be wrong in thinking changing philosophy could actually hurt the patriots more because of Tom being a great short game passer. Ive watch Brady long enough to know he has never really had a true deep threat. If the pats start stretching the field more, it could take away from the short game of the Pats....Time will tell if Brady can succeed like Manning and Kurt Warner when playing more down the field. What are some objective views?

Guys like Moss and Stallworth will help spread the field so he can have an easier time completing the short passes to Watson, Maroney, and the 3rd receiver. Also, you can still throw those short passes to Moss on the side and let him do that rest. Unlike Brady's previous receivers, Moss can run after catch.

Last edited:
They do not have to run and shoot. I do not think we will turn into the Packers. It will add more to the offense. Making the other teams defense deside what they want to protect. Take what the other teams d leaves the Patriots.
Also Brady's other strength is he is really hot.:eek:

Tom Brady has been played in a system where the short passing game is what he does best. Could I be wrong in thinking changing philosophy could actually hurt the patriots more because of Tom being a great short game passer. Ive watch Brady long enough to know he has never really had a true deep threat. If the pats start stretching the field more, it could take away from the short game of the Pats....Time will tell if Brady can succeed like Manning and Kurt Warner when playing more down the field. What are some objective views?

You call us trolls in the original thread then come over here. Go back to indystar and obsess over the pats. What are there about 15 threads that deal with what the pats are doing? Look at all the colts threads on here... Oh wait there are not any.

Stretching the field opens up the short game. Brady can go deep, and do it well. Just because Mr Choke artist won one suberbowl dont change the fact he had 7 ints and 3 tds on his sb run. Worry about your own QB.

Last edited:
You call us trolls in the original thread then come over here. Go back to indystar and obsess over the pats. What are there about 15 threads that deal with what the pats are doing? Look at all the colts threads on here... Oh wait there are not any.

LOL, visiting the Indy site much there, Danny?

"I like you Betty"

"Danny sir"

"Danny"

LOL, visiting the Indy site much there, Danny?

"I like you Betty"

"Danny sir"

"Danny"

I went over there to see what the ******s where saying. Typical day over there. Bunch of chicks who know nothing about football yapping, and 400 threads about the patriots. Look around this board, no one cares that the colts gave up there second round pick and 2008 first round pick to move up in the second round for Tony Ugah, lol. The obsession with the patriots continues on Indystar.

Last edited:
I went over there to see what the ******s where saying. Typical day over there. Bunch of chicks who know nothing about football yapping, and 400 threads about the patriots. Look around this board, no one cares that the colts gave up there second round pick and 2008 first round pick to move up in the second round for Tony Ugah, lol. The obsession with the patriots continues on Indystar.
Obviously you do, because you know about it.

BTW, there are 5, with one authored by a Patriot. :p

Obviously you do, because you know about it.

BTW, there are 5, with one authored by a Patriot. :p

I think it is hilarious actually. I am blown away that a message board can be that obsessed with another team, lol!!!!!! There are five official threads. There are many more with different titles. Haha, no one talks football over there. Just a bunch of homers who spend days on end telling everyone they don't care about the pats. First round pick for a glorified slot receiver, oh man. Tell everyone we said thanks for the laugh.

Seems like all the posters don't seem to know much about football. The obsession continues!

Last edited:

Stretching the field opens up the short game. Brady can go deep, and do it well. Just because Mr Choke artist won one suberbowl dont change the fact he had 7 ints and 3 tds on his sb run. Worry about your own QB.

You opened yourself up for this...you seem to have a fond interest in the Colts and the Dolphins. With a quick look here are several threads that you yourself started. The list would be far too long to include the countless threads about the Colts that you contributed to. BTW, what is you fascination with fat chicks? You bring them up a lot.

Colts thread

Another Colts thread

Yet another Colts thread

Dolphins thread

Another Dolphins thread

Yet another Dolphins thread

I come here to discuss football with people that don't all hold the same opinion that I do. I find that most here are pretty well thought out discussion, even though we may not always see eye to eye. There are a few that just can't seem to get along with others though. ::nudge, nudge:: Just because this is a Pats fans site, doesn't mean it should be limited to only Pats fans. Outside input and perspective makes most things better. How boring would life be if everyone thought the same way? Or this board if it was only cheerleaders and homers? If people are trolls, have at them. But just because someone is a fan of another team, it doesn't make them any less of a fan or less knowledgeable than you. You seem to care something about what Colts fans think or you wouldn't bother wasting your time visiting the Star's message board.

This post is a bit out of character for me. I'm pretty non-confrontational, but sometime you have to call the "pot" out when he is going on and on about the "kettle". Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Contrary to popular belief, Moss is not just a deep threat, spread the field type guy. He can take those screen passes and burst through the secondary. Stallworth may be more of a mid-range to deep threat, but Moss can do just about everything on the field at his position.

Last edited:
The biggest beneficiaries of this trade from an individual stats POV, are Lawrence Maroney and Ben Watson.. Watson does not get doubled any more and CB's and Safeties will have to focus on our receivers more than the run.

You opened yourself up for this...you seem to have a fond interest in the Colts and the Dolphins. With a quick look here are several threads that you yourself started. The list would be far too long to include the countless threads about the Colts that you contributed to. BTW, what is you fascination with fat chicks? You bring them up a lot.

Colts thread

Another Colts thread

Yet another Colts thread

Dolphins thread

Another Dolphins thread

Yet another Dolphins thread

I come here to discuss football with people that don't all hold the same opinion that I do. I find that most here are pretty well thought out discussion, even though we may not always see eye to eye. There are a few that just can't seem to get along with others though. ::nudge, nudge:: Just because this is a Pats fans site, doesn't mean it should be limited to only Pats fans. Outside input and perspective makes most things better. How boring would life be if everyone thought the same way? Or this board if it was only cheerleaders and homers? If people are trolls, have at them. But just because someone is a fan of another team, it doesn't make them any less of a fan or less knowledgeable than you. You seem to care something about what Colts fans think or you wouldn't bother wasting your time visiting the Star's message board.

This post is a bit out of character for me. I'm pretty non-confrontational, but sometime you have to call the "pot" out when he is going on and on about the "kettle". Just my two cents.

Chalk up one more Colts thread

what is you fascination with fat chicks?

I come here to discuss football

This post is a bit out of character for me.
I would certainly hope so.

Is there any reason why you Colts fans have to come over here? Is there some adolescent need to act out?

If you are a fan of your team, why aren't you on a Colts board discussing them? I never understood people who go to other boards and interfere with their discussions. What is the purpose of that? What is your opinion of fans who come to Colts forums and make fools of themselves? Answer by speaking out loud, looking into a mirror.

You guys say you want to discuss football and start the thread by saying Brady can't throw deep. That's obviously not true, and the only purpose is to rile people up, while you snicker like Beavis and Butthead.

There are a couple of fans from other sites who do want to talk football, and they do, and it isn't by insulting thier hosts. And they don't say things like,

"what is you fascination with fat chicks?

I come here to discuss football"

You ask if Brady will be as successful as Manning or Warner? Well, I view success in the # of rings these QB's are wearing. Last score...Brady-3.......Manning/Warner-1. Another way too look at it is how Manning learned to adjust his game this year to take advantage of the dink&dunk to guys like Dallas Clark, which in turn helped him in their comeback against the Pats in the AFCG. If Tom Brady can win with the offense he's had over the past 6 seasons, I have no concerns that #12 will learn how to utilize the receivers now lining up at the line of scrimmage with him. Brady and Manning are both talented and smart, to put Kurt Warner in their company isn't right.

I would certainly hope so.

Is there any reason why you Colts fans have to come over here? Is there some adolescent need to act out?

If you are a fan of your team, why aren't you on a Colts board discussing them? I never understood people who go to other boards and interfere with their discussions. What is the purpose of that? What is your opinion of fans who come to Colts forums and make fools of themselves? Answer by speaking out loud, looking into a mirror.

You guys say you want to discuss football and start the thread by saying Brady can't throw deep. That's obviously not true, and the only purpose is to rile people up, while you snicker like Beavis and Butthead.

There are a couple of fans from other sites who do want to talk football, and they do, and it isn't by insulting thier hosts. And they don't say things like,

"what is you fascination with fat chicks?

I come here to discuss football"

The "fat chicks" line is alluding to the fat that in many of danny88 post that are similar to...

The website where all the fat chicks, and fans who dont know anything about football hang out!

When it comes to fans visiting other teams messages board in my case it's about two things. One, to get a different perspective on things. And two, to discuss/debate topics with people that don't have the exact same feelings as me. There are those who troll, just go look at the Star's board. It gotten better, but there are still several hanger ons. I'm not here to troll, I don't troll. Just go look at my posts. I dislike Colts trolls on this site nearly as much as you guys do. They embarrass me as a Colts fan. Frequently the only topics that I actively participate in are Colts threads, most started by Pats fans. The only reason that I even digressed into the danny88 issue was to point out how hypocritical he was being.

Last edited:
To adress the original question, Brady will be fine. Truth is, Brady throws a hell of a long ball. We've had a problem getting guys open the last couple of years. That should'nt be a problem now. In theory, at least.

You ask if Brady will be as successful as Manning or Warner? Well, I view success in the # of rings these QB's are wearing. Last score...Brady-3.......Manning/Warner-1. Another way too look at it is how Manning learned to adjust his game this year to take advantage of the dink&dunk to guys like Dallas Clark, which in turn helped him in their comeback against the Pats in the AFCG. If Tom Brady can win with the offense he's had over the past 6 seasons, I have no concerns that #12 will learn how to utilize the receivers now lining up at the line of scrimmage with him. Brady and Manning are both talented and smart, to put Kurt Warner in their company isn't right.

Kurt Warner had enough of an arm that he could just fire it down field and let his receivers make a play on the ball. The only thing that I can make from this comment is that he was comparing Warner's down field success with Brady's short game success. While Warner did put up some big numbers for a short period of time and did get a Super Bowl ring and an MVP, it was just a short period. Including Warner with Manning and Brady really doesn't apply when you talk about career success. Maybe in a single season discussion, but not overall.

Kurt Warner had enough of an arm that he could just fire it down field and let his receivers make a play on the ball. The only thing that I can make from this comment is that he was comparing Warner's down field success with Brady's short game success. While Warner did put up some big numbers for a short period of time and did get a Super Bowl ring and an MVP, it was just a short period. Including Warner with Manning and Brady really doesn't apply when you talk about career success. Maybe in a single season discussion, but not overall.
Agreed! I believe that offense made Kurt Warner successful, whereas, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning make their offenses work. I have to admit. Last year I wouldn't have given Manning the credit, but after watching him adjust his game, made me believe he's worthy of the accolades he now receives! That being said, I would still take Brady over Manning as my starting QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes