PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady's broken ribs and finger

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a rare NFL QB that couldn't find hot chicks to spend his money with at exotic expensive resorts. Why should a driven, competitive guy like TFB be especially susceptable to walking away from football compared to other successfull NFL QBs? It may be a surprise but most players actually love playing and rue the day when they'll have to stop. Some don't feel that way and their careers are short. I see no evidence whatsoever that Brady is in group 2.

Agreed. I think the only risk from a Pat's fan perspective isn't that Brady will decide to eat grapes or whatever that Gisele peels for him (talk about bringing one's own fantasies to a post!) but rather that he'll raise his price beyond Patriots' Pay Grades if he has to play next season for $3 million without a new contract before he gets the $30--40 MM guarantee he's worked ten years to earn.

Last edited:
Didn't McNair and I want to say McNabb(? could be wrong on that one) play with broken ribs? Granted it doesn't take away from the lunacy of the situation (bravery/insanity is a fine, fine line), but I don't think it is as rare as people think. Don't think we'll ever see Payme-a-ton doing something so potentially disastrous (cracked to broken and organ puncturing for one) any time soon though. It really does make that season all the more impressive, and does explain a couple of those plays on a cold Sunday against the Ravens make some more sense. I'd be a bit gun shy if I saw The Murderer coming free up the middle as I stand there with broken ribs, hell, I'd probably crumple into the fetal position crying for mommy...

Manning started out the 2007 season on a knee that had been surgically repaired (bursa sac) and flared up in training camp. He couldn't pivot and run the toss sweep that was one of their bread and butter running plays for the first several weeks of that season. He took a little beating in the process, too, since Polian hasn't been spending or selecting wisely on commenting favorably his OL in recent years...

Then there was this from this offseason...

INDIANAPOLIS -- Peyton Manning said neck surgery in March has alleviated symptoms that prompted him to endure up to three treatment sessions a day, which took away from time he wanted to spend in meetings and weight sessions.

"I feel good out there throwing, I feel good in my lifting, I feel like everything went according to plan," Manning said on the opening day of the Indianapolis Colts' mandatory minicamp. "I'm very relieved of that and I no longer have to get the treatment that I was having to get for the past four years.

"Treatment was time as much as anything, manual traction trying to relieve some things. Three times a day about 25 minutes apiece just got to be tough, very time consuming."

Manning had surgery in Chicago in early March to alleviate the problems a pinched nerve had caused for about four years.

I think Florio should probe this situation since I can't ever recall Manning's neck being mentioned in relation to injuries. Maybe it was the underlying cause of his big foreheadedness...which mediots choose to attribute to superior brain capacity.

There's very little you can do about broken ribs, and if its only a minor fracture there's probably a good percentage he wouldn't re-injure it. My dad got in a motorcycle accident this last winter and had lots of broken ribs, cudos to tom for playing with even 20% of the pain he was in.

There's very little you can do about broken ribs, and if its only a minor fracture there's probably a good percentage he wouldn't re-injure it. My dad got in a motorcycle accident this last winter and had lots of broken ribs, cudos to tom for playing with even 20% of the pain he was in.

Can you imagine suiting up in such a condition and facing an onslaught of goons aimed at your ribs. Ugh. Tom certainly brave but at what point do you sit him? Not sure on that; it depends how effective he is.

Parcells and Phil Simms was the worst example of this; Phil was barely able to get on many occasions but The Tuna left him in despite the fact he Hostedler on the bench. Brady's situation was not that bad but it did effect his play.

Another FredFromDartmouth disaster. It was pretty common knowledge during the season that Brady had injured ribs, fingers, and a shoulder. I could have told you that with absolute certainty.

OK Mr. Smarty Pants. You knew that BB was lying when he said that the ribs were not broken? I wish I had you god-like abilities.

OK Mr. Smarty Pants. You knew that BB was lying when he said that the ribs were not broken? I wish I had you god-like abilities.

There you go again assuming...who said he was lying?

Bill is nothing if not a stickler for details - even if he doesn't share them with the hovering masses. Brady had injured ribs which were acknowledged in multiple injury reports, possibly there were 3, one or more of which most likely had hairline fractures. If they were "broken" in the literal sense as in displaced fractures, even he wouldn't have been playing.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Patriots QB Tom Brady’s ribs: Fractured, cracked or broken?

McNabb play with a broken rib? In Philly it was known that McNabb would not play with strained left toe, let alone a broken anything. The year Brady had a sports hernia (2005) so did McNabb. Brady played the season with his. McNabb took the season off.
Bingo. I've used this one to rib (ouch!) my brother about his wounded albatrosses. Brady is one of the toughest players in the league. McNabb is a girly-man, as FredEx will happily tell you. McNair was truly one of the toughest men to ever play the game and he made that Titans ice game at Foxboro one of the greatest Patriots games to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back