PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady wins AP NFL MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet!

Course I'm surprised some dips**t didn't cast a vote for Favre again... "He'll never have another chance to be MVP, I had to vote for him one last time!" :rolleyes:

Nice award same with the offensive player of the year, the coach of the year and the line of the year. But they just remind me of what a failure the season was.

Congrats to Tom Brady, the man played with his hair on fire after the loss to the Browns. His level of consistency went unrivaled this year. Even as a Jets fan, I can't hate a winner. He IS this generation's Joe Montana. That being said, here's hoping the Pats become the next 49ers post JM/SY after TFB retires.

Congrats Tom. What a season this could have been....

Congrats to Brady on a great REGULAR SEASON. He's had lots of great REGULAR SEASONS of late but hasn't played well in the post season. For a guy with two league MVPs on his shelf, he hasn't made a game changing/winning play in the playoffs since SD in the 06 season with a bomb to Reche Caldwell as the game was winding down.
As fans we should expect more from Brady in the playoffs, especially if people want to mention him in the same breath as Joe Montana or Mark Sanchez :D (just kidding folks!)...Of late, Brady has more often been one of the main reasons the Patriots lose playoff games rather than a main reason the Patriots WIN playoff games...

Congrats Tom , bittersweet today... but it was a great year, he earned this award....

Won it unanimously.. quite sweet.

Unanimous....wow TFB just keeps getting better and better. Bittersweet but a great spot to start looking forward to the team next year!

Proud as hell of Tom. Sad that he's not playing today, but that's not for a lack of effort on his part.

Well, unfortunately, it's official: The Patriots have morphed into the Colts circa 2002-2005. :(

Last edited:
Congrats to Brady on a great REGULAR SEASON. He's had lots of great REGULAR SEASONS of late but hasn't played well in the post season. For a guy with two league MVPs on his shelf, he hasn't made a game changing/winning play in the playoffs since SD in the 06 season with a bomb to Reche Caldwell as the game was winding down.
As fans we should expect more from Brady in the playoffs, especially if people want to mention him in the same breath as Joe Montana or Mark Sanchez :D (just kidding folks!)...Of late, Brady has more often been one of the main reasons the Patriots lose playoff games rather than a main reason the Patriots WIN playoff games...
Brady did not play great, but the typical defensive letdown, oh so common in the playoffs the last few years (excluding the Ravens game) is still the main reason for the losses. The inability to get a key stop is frustrating to watch. See the Cotchery catch and run in the 4th quarter of the Jets loss. Also, this would probably all be a moot point if Branch could hold on to a less than perfect pass. It appears that Sanchez can lay a pass out of bounds and Holmes can make a phenomenal catch. I never post, but it is has become tough to read every fan completely blaming Brady. He did not play great, but neither did Big Ben and the Steelers had no problem with the Jets.

Wow first unanimous decision ever!

Excellent, damn deserved.

#1 Seed + Best record in NFL
AFC East Division Title
NFL MVP
NFL Coach of the Year
NFL Offensive Player of the Year
6 Pro-Bowlers

Quite a lot to be proud of this year. Even though it obviously makes not being in the SB a lot, lot, lot harder to swallow.

I've certainly seen Brady looking happier. Kinda mean to give him that award on this day.

Brady did not play great, but the typical defensive letdown, oh so common in the playoffs the last few years (excluding the Ravens game) is still the main reason for the losses. The inability to get a key stop is frustrating to watch. See the Cotchery catch and run in the 4th quarter of the Jets loss. Also, this would probably all be a moot point if Branch could hold on to a less than perfect pass. It appears that Sanchez can lay a pass out of bounds and Holmes can make a phenomenal catch. I never post, but it is has become tough to read every fan completely blaming Brady. He did not play great, but neither did Big Ben and the Steelers had no problem with the Jets.
As you have seen there's a certain contingent that can't seem to think of anything constructive or positive to say. I swear there are people who post here who would do nothing but complain about being in a higher tax bracket and charitable organizations asking for a donation if they hit the lottery.

Congratulations to Brady and the rest of the Pats that contributed to help him win this award, and thanks for an exciting season that was much better than any of us realistically expected it would be.

Well, unfortunately, it's official: The Patriots have morphed into the Colts circa 2002-2005. :(

Precisely.

Glad for TFB personally but I could not give a rat's ass about these individual Manning style awards minus the Lombardi. Hollow.

I liked Patriots football much better when instead of racking up gee whiz personal #'s, the team as a whole just won with Tom contributing as a steady, clutch player post season. Leave the gaudy stats for the MLB style fantasy fans.

Yeesh. Someone had to say it, though. And you are completely right.

For a guy with two league MVPs on his shelf, he hasn't made a game changing/winning play in the playoffs since SD in the 06 season with a bomb to Reche Caldwell as the game was winding down.

I would say his TD drive in SB42 to make it 14-10 was his last game changing moment just to bad it changed back so quick :mad:

he was hurt for a year and now has had two tough playoff losses in consecutive years. dont let it be a third.

he deserved it but who really cares. i bet he could care less. its about sb trophies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back