PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: What is the weakest part of his game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually he's better than 100%...including Manning...:D

Uhhh, no.
I think you're kidding, but if you're not, then you're just being a homer.

You want a complete drive with all accurate passes and you never want the ball to touch the ground? Brady is better for that than Manning.

You want a complete drive where the best play is called each time and the ball is thrown to the correct receiver on each down? Manning is better than Brady.

Playaction - Manning > Brady
Deep Ball - Brady + Moss > Manning + Marv or Reggie
Screens - Brady + Welker > Manning + Addai or Gonzo
Using the run to setup the pass - Manning + Addai > Brady + Maroney

There are tons of facets of the game where one is better than the other. An objective fan should be able to identify them, regardless of team loyalty.

His weakness is when he gets too excited & thinks he has to do it all himself. When he trusts his teammates he's fine.

Uhhh, no.
I think you're kidding, but if you're not, then you're just being a homer.

You want a complete drive with all accurate passes and you never want the ball to touch the ground? Brady is better for that than Manning.

You want a complete drive where the best play is called each time and the ball is thrown to the correct receiver on each down? Manning is better than Brady.

There are tons of facets of the game where one is better than the other. An objective fan should be able to identify them, regardless of team loyalty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=3185256

Brady had a 147 passer rating for play action last year
Manning had a 104.

Last edited:
I thought late last season Brady had a tendency to lock on to his primary receiver and throw in to tight coverage rather than look to his second or third option. I'm sure a lot of that was an attempt to get Moss the TD record. Since he hadn't done that previously in his career I'm sure it is something that he and BB will work on in the off-season to correct, and get back to "my favorite receiver is the one that is open" philosophy.

You're including teamates. Isolate the sample for best results.

Field Vision: Brady > Manning (if Manning's hot-route is negated it's a sack or a pick)
Competitiveness: Brady > Manning
Arm Strength: Wash
Accuracy: Manning > Brady
Leadership: Brady (>>>>>)^2 Manning
Pocket Mobility: Brady > Manning
Man-crushes Generated: Brady > Manning
Mental Toughness: Brady > Manning
General Baller-ness: Brady > Manning
Life: Brady > Manning

There really is no contest. Manning is a once a decade dominant QB. Tom Brady is the greatest to ever wear a uniform.

Last edited:
His fanbase.

this is the stupidest thread ive ever seen here.

Stupidest? How about that one claiming we are undermanned at WR or the one that claims we need to revamp an o-line that by almost all accounts gave TB enough time to knit a sweater?

This is not the stupidest thread ever. It is in a three way tie for stupidest this week.

Brady was happy with your answer because he has 1 less person to chase and knock him down while he does not move at all.

Brady needs to find his second 'favorite' WR besides Moss. This off season and summer will give him an opportunity to do just that. It's too predictable if he throws the ball to Moss all the time.

Brady is all set if he can fix his mobility problem and find his second WR.

Actually, Welker was the Receiver of choice for Brady last year.

And when you have a freak athlete like Moss on your team, you throw to him - Randy will make the play.

You're including teamates. Isolate the sample for best results.

Field Vision: Brady > Manning (if Manning's hot-route is negated it's a sack or a pick)
Competitiveness: Brady > Manning
Arm Strength: Wash
Accuracy: Manning > Brady
Leadership: Brady (>>>>>)^2 Manning
Pocket Mobility: Brady > Manning
Man-crushes Generated: Brady > Manning
Mental Toughness: Brady > Manning
General Baller-ness: Brady > Manning
Life: Brady > Manning

There really is no contest. Manning is a once a decade dominant QB. Tom Brady is the greatest to ever wear a uniform.

You forgot one.

Willing to pimp himself out to anyone for $$$'s: Manning > Brady

Tom has always had a knack for innacuracy. JMO

This is weak!!!!! How do you even have a knack for innacuracy, you might just have a knack for lunacy.

This is weak!!!!! How do you even have a knack for innacuracy, you might just have a knack for lunacy.

Sorry I don't suck on Tom's nuts like you do. He hasn't always been the most accurate of QB's, just a fact. Now run along and suckle on his sack some more. Jeez people, is this football we're talking about or TMZ freakin' magazine crap where we hail him as this perfect love boat. (puke) I'm sorry, Tom is Terrific and everything he does is perfection and God answers to Tom Brady. Is that better?

Last edited:
Sorry I don't suck on Tom's nuts like you do. He hasn't always been the most accurate of QB's, just a fact. Now run along and suckle on his sack some more. Jeez people, is this football we're talking about or TMZ freakin' magazine crap where we hail him as this perfect love boat. (puke) I'm sorry, Tom is Terrific and everything he does is perfection and God answers to Tom Brady. Is that better?

Whoa buddy, suck on nuts, what would Freud say about that. TB is one of the most accurate QB's in the league , esspecially middle and outside the hashes. As far as nutz and Tmz go I don't know what your talkin about, I'm a football fan, I would be the last person you should ask what color you should paint your closet.:cool:

so, would you mind backing up that statement with some facts, or are you talking out your a** like most idiots :rolleyes: what exactly is inaccurate about toms passes?

so, would you mind backing up that statement with some facts, or are you talking out your a** like most idiots :rolleyes: what exactly is inaccurate about toms passes?

It's not hard to see if you watch him play. And when the Offensive line didn't give him 60.5 seconds it's noticable.

technically his lack of mobility is the weakest part of his game, but he is a pocket passer with a great o-line so that doesn't really matter. other than that if i had to pick a weakness, i'd have to say it is the deep ball to moss. i can remember a few times this season where he just threw it up there and moss made outstanding catches in double coverage and such. the most recent memory i really have of this is in week 17 against the giants when he had moss wide open deep but he underthrew him, but it didn't matter because he hit him on the very next play deep. he has a great arm, the only thing is he doesnt hit moss in stride sometimes and that slows him down. then again to ask him to throw a perfect deep ball everytime is ridiculous.

If you haven't read any of JeriCurl's other posts, it's obvious that if you disagree with him, you're a ball washer. Kind of like somebody else on this forum whose name will go unmentioned.

throwing a deep ball only works if your WR sees it. If he keeps running and expects it to miraculously fall in his hand at some point, he needs to use his luck elsewhere..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back