PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady vs Joe Montana

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutch0ne

On the Roster
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what posters think about this debate. I'm kind of in a rush right now but I want to hear what other people think before posting my reply.

Some questions to think about. Who is better right now? Assuming Brady wins ring#4 (just for this discussion), how does he compare to Montana? At the end of his career, where would he be?

I'll post my reply tomorrow! What a great weekend for football! Go Patriots!

I'm curious as to what posters think about this debate. I'm kind of in a rush right now but I want to hear what other people think before posting my reply.

Some questions to think about. Who is better right now? Assuming Brady wins ring#4 (just for this discussion), how does he compare to Montana? At the end of his career, where would he be?

can we wait until brady actually wins a 4th?

Some questions to think about. Who is better right now?

Right now, today? I bet Tom Brady is better. I'm pretty sure Montana hasn't suited up in like 20 years.:bricks:

Today was pretty spotty and since he needs #4 to even make this a reasonable topic,

I really don't see much there to discuss right now. At all.

Today was pretty spotty and since he needs #4 to even make this a reasonable topic,

I really don't see much there to discuss right now. At all.

Brady needs a fourth SuperBowl for it to be a discussion of who's better him or Montana? What? It's very much an argument right now, as it presently stands. If Brady wins number 4 I think the majority of people would have to put him ahead of Joe. Those 49ers teams were basically Pro-Bowl rosters, winning multiple SB's in the free agency period is a much more difficult accomplishment.

Not today, please..

If the Patriots win in two weeks, this debate is over.

I'm sure those shape-ups are working just fine for Montana, but I think at his old age, Brady is better right now.

Maybe it's over on the Northeast, but elsewhere it's still alive with points to be made on both sides.

Brady needs a fourth SuperBowl for it to be a discussion of who's better him or Montana? What? It's very much an argument right now, as it presently stands. If Brady wins number 4 I think the majority of people would have to put him ahead of Joe. Those 49ers teams were basically Pro-Bowl rosters, winning multiple SB's in the free agency period is a much more difficult accomplishment.

It just looks SILLY talking about individual accolades when it is all about TEAM right now.

I'm fine for recognizing milestones like career victory totals, but there's a time for discussions about individuals and their place in history, namely the OFFSEASON

There's a "Brady vs montana" thread around here from earlier this season, it covered a lot of good points for reference. Possible merger?:cool:

Last edited:
It just looks SILLY talking about individual accolades when it is all about TEAM right now.

I'm fine for recognizing milestones like career victory totals, but there's a time for discussions about individuals and their place in history, namely the OFFSEASON

Okay, dude... It's a thread on a messageboard. We aren't in a team meeting, no need to be so uptight about it.

There's only one comparison I care about Brady winning over Joe Montana after Super Bowl 46: Who has more playoff wins? Beyond that, I couldn't care less at this point.

This debate will be over for analysts, retired and current players and coaches, and all fans if Brady wins a 5th Super Bowl.

Here's to hoping that Brady gets #4 in two weeks.

Actually I bet that's just the thing that's going to get it started actually. Brady's going to need 5 rings before most people will really begin accepting that.

I don't believe winning 4 rings is what's going to define Tom Brady when it's all said and done. It will be something bigger than that. I don't know if Montana could handle the kind of success Brady has handled outside of football, and still remain this humble.

You just don't see that very often. Most people either change, can't handle it, or become jokes. Brady's special. He really is. I mean the man's a model who dated models and is married to a model who takes on linebackers and does this....

10474645-large.jpg

...to score the winning touchdown on his way to his 4th Super Bowl appearance and then he says: "I sucked".

In front of a roaring crowd and millions of fans worldwide. Which is true. And that's why I appreciate him. People, especially athletes, get stupid and lose the population's respect when they go from a normal guy to achieving that type of greatness, fame and fortune. He's one of the few that somehow don't while still remaining in the spotlight. He never loses sense of reality and he remains unselfish to this day.

People think he says a lot of stuff just for the cameras, which I'm sure he does because he's smart and doesn't like to hang himself since they turn everything around, but he's very genuine and sincere with himself. That's what's most important.

It was easier to fly straight when everyone else was doing it. It's a lot more impressive to fly straight when it's completely ok in society to be a total screw up. See T.O. He wouldn't have lasted 2 years in the 80's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye